Free Will

ANNA
Posts: 4093
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:11 pm

Post by ANNA » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:55 am

Too lazy to be ambitious,
I let the world take care of itself.
Ten days’ worth of rice in my bag;
a bundle of twigs by the fireplace.
Why chatter about delusion and enlightenment?
Listening to the night rain on my roof,
I sit comfortably, with both legs stretched out.



~Ryokan



:lol:
jeff j
Posts: 2822
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:49 pm

Post by jeff j » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:42 pm

ANNA wrote: Too lazy to be ambitious,
I let the world take care of itself.
Ten days’ worth of rice in my bag;
a bundle of twigs by the fireplace.
Why chatter about delusion and enlightenment?
Listening to the night rain on my roof,
I sit comfortably, with both legs stretched out.



~Ryokan



:lol:
it's raing and blowing here today ANNA,
i was just out in it,
pruning back the forsythia hedge
at the great grandparent's place,
it grows over into their long driveway,
a man walked past,
my age,
shriveled looking,
carrying a 12 pack of beer, 9am,
and says:
"nasty weather for that kind of work"
and i say back:
i must be crazy,
i like days like this...
we each thought the other was crazy,
what a wild and wonderous world it is...
:lol:
be yourself, the real fictional character?
ANNA
Posts: 4093
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:11 pm

Post by ANNA » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:46 pm

jeff j wrote:
ANNA wrote: Too lazy to be ambitious,
I let the world take care of itself.
Ten days’ worth of rice in my bag;
a bundle of twigs by the fireplace.
Why chatter about delusion and enlightenment?
Listening to the night rain on my roof,
I sit comfortably, with both legs stretched out.



~Ryokan



:lol:



it's raing and blowing here today ANNA,
i was just out in it,
pruning back the forsythia hedge
at the great grandparent's place,
it grows over into their long driveway,
a man walked past,
my age,
shriveled looking,
carrying a 12 pack of beer, 9am,
and says:
"nasty weather for that kind of work"
and i say back:
i must be crazy,
i like days like this...
we each thought the other was crazy,
what a wild and wonderous world it is...
:lol:

i like stories, jeff :)

like

THIS...

rainy One...

:)
jeff j
Posts: 2822
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:49 pm

Post by jeff j » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:12 pm

here's a nice one ANNA,
we read a book with our son, age 8,
titled Home of The Brave,
a story about a young child's view
of immigrating to U.S.
from Sudan, after losing his whole family
to war and violence,
but it is written ia poetic and beautiful way,
and he's reading it for the third time,
and last night he said to me,
when we first read it,
i cried, a bunch of times,
but i don't know why,
and i kind of hid my tears from you and mama...

and i said,
i cried too, (with tears in my eyes just then
at the beauty of his young words of feeling~realizations)
i cried sometimes, he said,
just because ifelt so happy,
and sometimes when i felt so sad,
and sometimes i don't why i cried,
i just did...

:D
be yourself, the real fictional character?
toombaru
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 9:02 pm
Location: There are no locations

Post by toombaru » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:24 pm

jeff j wrote:here's a nice one ANNA,
we read a book with our son, age 8,
titled Home of The Brave,
a story about a young child's view
of immigrating to U.S.
from Sudan, after losing his whole family
to war and violence,
but is it poetic and beautiful,
and he's reading it for the third time,
and last night he said to me,
when we first read it,
i cried, a bunch of times,
but i don't know why,
and i kind of hid my tears for you and mama...
and is said,
i cried too, (with tears in my eyes just then
at the beauty of his young words of feeling~realizations)
i cried sometimes, he said,
just because ifelt so happy,
and sometimes when i felt so sad,
and sometimes i don't why i cried,
i just did...

:D






That really is beautiful.

And old toombaru likes stories as much as the next fellow.

The more dramatic......the more heroic....the story......the more we like it.

But.............It is the personal story that is so seductive......and the glue that binds the dream of separation.


We pay actors enormous sums of money to make us believe the story........We will defend our personal story to the death.......(for one very good reason).


It is simply the love of being that feeds the dream.........The story of self.



toombaru
jeff j
Posts: 2822
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:49 pm

Post by jeff j » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:44 pm

toombaru wrote:
jeff j wrote:here's a nice one ANNA,
we read a book with our son, age 8,
titled Home of The Brave,
a story about a young child's view
of immigrating to U.S.
from Sudan, after losing his whole family
to war and violence,
but is it poetic and beautiful,
and he's reading it for the third time,
and last night he said to me,
when we first read it,
i cried, a bunch of times,
but i don't know why,
and i kind of hid my tears for you and mama...
and is said,
i cried too, (with tears in my eyes just then
at the beauty of his young words of feeling~realizations)
i cried sometimes, he said,
just because ifelt so happy,
and sometimes when i felt so sad,
and sometimes i don't why i cried,
i just did...

:D






That really is beautiful.

And old toombaru likes stories as much as the next fellow.

The more dramatic......the more heroic....the story......the more we like it.

But.............It is the personal story that is so seductive......and the glue that binds the dream of separation.


We pay actors enormous sums of money to make us believe the story........We will defend our personal story to the death.......(for one very good reason).


It is simply the love of being that feeds the dream.........The story of self.



toombaru

this "story" feels like the glue
that binds two into one...
first another is recognized,
then by association the other
is felt as me,
by this thought~feeling we become
one, but only for a moment...
but then
maybe
that's long enough
:lol:

Image
be yourself, the real fictional character?
toombaru
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 9:02 pm
Location: There are no locations

Post by toombaru » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:26 pm

jeff j wrote:
toombaru wrote:
jeff j wrote:here's a nice one ANNA,
we read a book with our son, age 8,
titled Home of The Brave,
a story about a young child's view
of immigrating to U.S.
from Sudan, after losing his whole family
to war and violence,
but is it poetic and beautiful,
and he's reading it for the third time,
and last night he said to me,
when we first read it,
i cried, a bunch of times,
but i don't know why,
and i kind of hid my tears for you and mama...
and is said,
i cried too, (with tears in my eyes just then
at the beauty of his young words of feeling~realizations)
i cried sometimes, he said,
just because ifelt so happy,
and sometimes when i felt so sad,
and sometimes i don't why i cried,
i just did...

:D






That really is beautiful.

And old toombaru likes stories as much as the next fellow.

The more dramatic......the more heroic....the story......the more we like it.

But.............It is the personal story that is so seductive......and the glue that binds the dream of separation.


We pay actors enormous sums of money to make us believe the story........We will defend our personal story to the death.......(for one very good reason).


It is simply the love of being that feeds the dream.........The story of self.



toombaru

this "story" feels like the glue
that binds two into one...
first another is recognized,
then by association the other
is felt as me,
by this thought~feeling we become
one, but only for a moment...
but then
maybe
that's long enough
:lol:

Image




Yes.

All things are drawn to the center.



toombaru
empty-and-full
Posts: 1448
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: Unknown

Post by empty-and-full » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:54 pm

toombaru wrote:
jeff j wrote:here's a nice one ANNA,
we read a book with our son, age 8,
titled Home of The Brave,
a story about a young child's view
of immigrating to U.S.
from Sudan, after losing his whole family
to war and violence,
but is it poetic and beautiful,
and he's reading it for the third time,
and last night he said to me,
when we first read it,
i cried, a bunch of times,
but i don't know why,
and i kind of hid my tears for you and mama...
and is said,
i cried too, (with tears in my eyes just then
at the beauty of his young words of feeling~realizations)
i cried sometimes, he said,
just because ifelt so happy,
and sometimes when i felt so sad,
and sometimes i don't why i cried,
i just did...

:D






That really is beautiful.

And old toombaru likes stories as much as the next fellow.

The more dramatic......the more heroic....the story......the more we like it.

But.............It is the personal story that is so seductive......and the glue that binds the dream of separation.


We pay actors enormous sums of money to make us believe the story........We will defend our personal story to the death.......(for one very good reason).


It is simply the love of being that feeds the dream.........The story of self.



toombaru
"It is the personal story that is so seductive......and the glue that binds the dream of separation"

Can you feel the judgement in this?

Can you see someone wanting to hold a certain position?

What if this glue is really a corrosively beautiful appearance that melts everything away. :o
jeff j
Posts: 2822
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:49 pm

Post by jeff j » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:55 pm

what if (nobody) wrote:
"It is the personal story that is so seductive......and the glue that binds the dream of separation"
what if (somebody) read:
"It is the personal story that is so seductive......and the glue that binds the dream of separation"

empty-and-full wrote: What if this glue is really a corrosively beautiful appearance that melts everything away. :o
sound like two views about glue...
sticky situation, which one to agree with?
:lol:


what if glue is what is used after something is broken?
what to use when someone is broken,
or has just come unglued?

"delaminating" is what jim harris calls it...
why would we want to relaminate?

maybe this self / illusory self is both processes,
laminating & unlaminating,
peeling off layers, and adding new ones...

the ultimate unpeeling (inferred)
would be to arrive at the last layer,
unpeel it, and disolve ino the unlayer,
the layerless layer, the super-peeled...

if that one,
that layerless layered one,
blending and disolving in the infinite
nothingness of unpeeled nirvana...
if that one cares or desires to interact
with any other one who is still layered,
wouldn't that unlayered one need to layer on
at least one (very thin) layer?

how can nobodyness interact with somebodyness,
nothingness with somethingness,
unpeeled with peeled?

language is a layer of interaction...
any layer, one layer on nothingness is
enough to make it something,
to separate it from it's hidden source,

everyone in here, who writes a single word,
has taken on a layer,
only for a moment perhaps,
but there is no other way it can be...

or is there?
:lol:
be yourself, the real fictional character?
angela
Posts: 1078
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:21 am
Location: uk

Post by angela » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:00 pm

jeff j wrote:what if (nobody) wrote:
"It is the personal story that is so seductive......and the glue that binds the dream of separation"
Personal story... like a lifetime of conditioning, not so much seductive, as annoyingly persistant :? But where would I be without it... can anyone life afresh in each moment, a mystery even to themselves?
toombaru
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 9:02 pm
Location: There are no locations

Post by toombaru » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:11 pm

angela wrote:
jeff j wrote:what if (nobody) wrote:
"It is the personal story that is so seductive......and the glue that binds the dream of separation"
Personal story... like a lifetime of conditioning, not so much seductive, as annoyingly persistant :? But where would I be without it... can anyone life afresh in each moment, a mystery even to themselves?



The personal story emerges between the remembered past and the imagined future.

There is another possibility.




toombaru
empty-and-full
Posts: 1448
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: Unknown

Post by empty-and-full » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:09 am

jeff j wrote:what if (nobody) wrote:
"It is the personal story that is so seductive......and the glue that binds the dream of separation"
what if (somebody) read:
"It is the personal story that is so seductive......and the glue that binds the dream of separation"

empty-and-full wrote: What if this glue is really a corrosively beautiful appearance that melts everything away. :o
sound like two views about glue...
sticky situation, which one to agree with?
:lol:


what if glue is what is used after something is broken?
what to use when someone is broken,
or has just come unglued?

"delaminating" is what jim harris calls it...
why would we want to relaminate?

maybe this self / illusory self is both processes,
laminating & unlaminating,
peeling off layers, and adding new ones...

the ultimate unpeeling (inferred)
would be to arrive at the last layer,
unpeel it, and disolve ino the unlayer,
the layerless layer, the super-peeled...

if that one,
that layerless layered one,
blending and disolving in the infinite
nothingness of unpeeled nirvana...
if that one cares or desires to interact
with any other one who is still layered,
wouldn't that unlayered one need to layer on
at least one (very thin) layer?

how can nobodyness interact with somebodyness,
nothingness with somethingness,
unpeeled with peeled?

language is a layer of interaction...
any layer, one layer on nothingness is
enough to make it something,
to separate it from it's hidden source,

everyone in here, who writes a single word,
has taken on a layer,
only for a moment perhaps,
but there is no other way it can be...

or is there?
:lol:
Cool post jeff.

signed, the unpeeled one. :D

Or is it the completely peeled one? :oops:
jeff j
Posts: 2822
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:49 pm

Post by jeff j » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:07 pm

empty-and-full wrote:
jeff j wrote:what if (nobody) wrote:
"It is the personal story that is so seductive......and the glue that binds the dream of separation"
what if (somebody) read:
"It is the personal story that is so seductive......and the glue that binds the dream of separation"

empty-and-full wrote: What if this glue is really a corrosively beautiful appearance that melts everything away. :o
sound like two views about glue...
sticky situation, which one to agree with?
:lol:


what if glue is what is used after something is broken?
what to use when someone is broken,
or has just come unglued?

"delaminating" is what jim harris calls it...
why would we want to relaminate?

maybe this self / illusory self is both processes,
laminating & unlaminating,
peeling off layers, and adding new ones...

the ultimate unpeeling (inferred)
would be to arrive at the last layer,
unpeel it, and disolve ino the unlayer,
the layerless layer, the super-peeled...

if that one,
that layerless layered one,
blending and disolving in the infinite
nothingness of unpeeled nirvana...
if that one cares or desires to interact
with any other one who is still layered,
wouldn't that unlayered one need to layer on
at least one (very thin) layer?

how can nobodyness interact with somebodyness,
nothingness with somethingness,
unpeeled with peeled?

language is a layer of interaction...
any layer, one layer on nothingness is
enough to make it something,
to separate it from it's hidden source,

everyone in here, who writes a single word,
has taken on a layer,
only for a moment perhaps,
but there is no other way it can be...

or is there?
:lol:
Cool post jeff.

signed, the unpeeled one. :D

Or is it the completely peeled one? :oops:
or maybe the dream,
with layers glued back on,
binding two into One's illusion of two made of peels & glue
be yourself, the real fictional character?
meL

Post by meL » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:52 pm

This forum ... and a few others ...

THIS IS ALL ABOUT
END OF HURTING
AND FORGIVENESS.

Sorry, too many words from me AGAIN.

i want to connect with the jef j post
simple post and share.


:-)


"
It is the PERSONAL STORY that is so seductive

......and the glue that binds the DREAM of SEPARATION
"
-- jef j


i want to use technological language -- this was predicted -- JK




She is re-Creating US and giving US free will,
MOMENT TO MOMENT

Free Will ... WE too create, MOMENT TO MOMENT

We create too much.

Separation doesnt HURT when there is ALMOST no misery-self creation that separates! ! ! ! !


The best we can do is maintain the least separation

to the point( ALMOST zero point )

that the misery-self is INSIGNIFICANT.




and THEN the song
"
Cant Get It Out Of My Head
"
plays.


thank You Maam ... AGAIN !
:-)




mis-quoting UGK
"if the self dies, you drop dead clinically" ... you are brain dead.


Just spend less time, MUCH less, in misery-self-creation-mode.


SEEing is very active ... NOT brain dead !


Also, forgive Yourself.
.
meL

Post by meL » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:57 pm

only
God
is
at
the
Zero Point

+-Infinity

We cant reach THAT.

Its OK -- EP
:D
Post Reply