There is no...

annaruiz

Post by annaruiz » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:46 pm

feelings...nothing more than feelings...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wjhp_0IrR1Q

sock puppets dancing on the wall...
toombaru

Post by toombaru » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:48 pm

Aurora wrote:
toombaru wrote:

The closer you get.......the harder it is to talk about.

:roll:

(bumper sticker)

toombaru

....and when you get really close .......... you dont talk at all ..........

There is talking..............but it's not you who talks.......and yet it is.

maple3

Post by maple3 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:16 pm

toombaru wrote:
maple3 wrote:
awakening wrote:Doe anyone feel that at times our discussions here get too abstract?
No, not feeling that there's too much abstraction (actually I kinda like it ;) :D)... even sometimes it seems that there isn't enough abstraction...

But when abstraction is used as if to intentionally miss the point, or when it's used to play the pointless game of one-upmanship... yeah, admittedly that's annoying :evil:...

But in this most recent incident, I was only a little frustrated at not being able to also adequately express the abstract...

But then again, not really all that frustrated either ;)...

I guess I'm getting used to having an uncooperative and unreliable intellect. :roll:

Love

I totally agree with this. I've definitely had prolonged moments when there was clearly nothing to do... except to just shut up... and laugh. :lol:

But then again, there are other times when it's purely enjoyable to read the endless writings (and poetry) of a no-body who has been VERY close indeed. :D
toombaru wrote:The closer you get.......the harder it is to talk about.
But in this particular case, I just think my problem was more of a foggy/mushy brain due to a malfunction in this biological mechanism. ;) :lol:
Aurora wrote:....and when you get really close .......... you dont talk at all ..........
Haha, that's really funny... gave me a chuckle... :lol:

but oh, I have to say it's still not necessarily true...

The thing is... some of the "closest" no-bodies write some of the longest posts. ;) :D

Okay... and here I go being "abstract" again...
"the closer you get"??? :-k

As I keep looking at that phrase it seems like a really weird way to describe it.

That's because "the closer you get," the more you realize that "you" were never really far away, ... or rather, that the no-you was/is always/already as close as possible... even closer than close... "whatever that is"... :shock: ... ;) ... [wink]

Love
Aurora

Post by Aurora » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:51 pm

toombaru wrote:
Aurora wrote:
toombaru wrote:

(bumper sticker)

toombaru

....and when you get really close .......... you dont talk at all ..........

There is talking..............but it's not you who talks.......and yet it is.

mystical dragons are the symbol of enlightened speech
Aurora

Post by Aurora » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:14 pm

maple3 wrote:

Aurora wrote:....and when you get really close .......... you dont talk at all ..........

The thing is... some of the "closest" no-bodies write some of the longest posts. ;) :D

Hi Love!

I dont always understand what is talked about here , so sometimes I cannot resist the opportunity to try some old tricks.
Toombaru was writing: " The closer you get.......the harder it is to talk about. "
..so a moment I forgot I was at my office typing, and had more this idea that I was at a bar with toombaru , drinking Mochito or something, and when he had said his comment, I could lean over the table , look a little drunk into his eyes and say:

When you get really close, you dont talk at all ......

:wink: :D
maple3

Post by maple3 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:44 pm

Aurora wrote:
maple3 wrote:

Hi Love!

I dont always understand what is talked about here , so sometimes I cannot resist the opportunity to try some old tricks.
Toombaru was writing: " The closer you get.......the harder it is to talk about. "
..so a moment I forgot I was at my office typing, and had more this idea that I was at a bar with toombaru , drinking Mochito or something, and when he had said his comment, I could lean over the table , look a little drunk into his eyes and say:

When you get really close, you dont talk at all ......

Ohhh, that's good! :D ... and funny too! [bigsmile]

And thanks for the extra clarification, and the "imaging" too...
Somehow I have no doubt that you could pull it off, ha! =D>

Love
jeff j

Post by jeff j » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:52 pm

it's no wonder "i"m" "here"

i always loved the abstract expressionists :lol:

Kline,
one of may favorites

Last edited by jeff j on Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
be yourself, the real fictional character?
toombaru

Post by toombaru » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:54 pm

maple3 wrote:
toombaru wrote:
maple3 wrote:
awakening wrote:Doe anyone feel that at times our discussions here get too abstract?
No, not feeling that there's too much abstraction (actually I kinda like it ;) :D)... even sometimes it seems that there isn't enough abstraction...

But when abstraction is used as if to intentionally miss the point, or when it's used to play the pointless game of one-upmanship... yeah, admittedly that's annoying :evil:...

But in this most recent incident, I was only a little frustrated at not being able to also adequately express the abstract...

I guess I'm getting used to having an uncooperative and unreliable intellect. :roll:

Love

I totally agree with this. I've definitely had prolonged moments when there was clearly nothing to do... except to just shut up... and laugh. :lol:

But then again, there are other times when it's purely enjoyable to read the endless writings (and poetry) of a no-body who has been VERY close indeed. :D
But in this particular case, I just think my problem was more of a foggy/mushy brain due to a malfunction in this biological mechanism. ;) :lol:

Okay... and here I go being "abstract" again...
"the closer you get"??? :-k

As I keep looking at that phrase it seems like a really weird way to describe it.

That's because "the closer you get," the more you realize that "you" were never really far away, ... or rather, that the no-you was/is always/already as close as possible... even closer than close... "whatever that is"... :shock: ... ;) ... [wink]

Love

You sound pretty clear to me.

:lol:

toombaru
jeff j

Post by jeff j » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:54 pm

Motherwell

how f'in good is THAT!
be yourself, the real fictional character?
toombaru

Post by toombaru » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:56 pm

Aurora wrote:
maple3 wrote:

Hi Love!

When you get really close, you don't talk at all ......

Sometimes....you make me swoon.

toombaru
meL

Post by meL » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:11 am

"
I Cant Wait Forever

Time Wont Let ME
"
michael

Post by michael » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:46 pm

toombaru wrote:
maple3 wrote:

Love

(bumper sticker)

toombaru
the 'you' that appears to be talking about it... never gets any closer...

and the 'you' that appears to be getting closer... is all talk... 8)

Love
From Source to Source: an Endless Spring
michael

Post by michael » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:20 pm

jeffjmodified wrote:Main Entry: 1ab·stract
Pronunciation: \ab-ˈstrakt, ˈab-ˌ\
Function: adjective

1 disassociated from any specific instance <an abstract entity>

2: expressing a quality apart from an object

3 impersonal, detached

and here i am (making) sense
Of Abstraction
nice... :D

it is impossible to visualise a 'pure abstraction'... it can only be known... in the 'general'...

being 'invisible'... (ie not capable of 'visualisation') the abstraction appears unknown... simply because it is not... and can never be... 'apparent'...

impossible to be aware of the abstraction 'mother' without an image of it...

if you don't believe 'me'... try it... try to be aware of any concept 'in general'... without visualising a 'word'... or other image'... to 'represent it'...

when the abstraction is 'made sense of'... an 'image' of the abstraction is visualised...

this image is not the abstraction itself... for it (the abstraction) remains invisible...

yet... as sensations image it... the meaning is recognised... not in the 'general'... but AS a 'specific thing'...

the meaning 'mother' (not this apparent word... but what is known)... is known generally...

the meaning is a pure abstraction... it cannot be seen or touched or sensed in any way...

but as this word "mother"... appears ... in concord with the meaning remembered... the appearance takes on the meaning...

so, for example... the 'word' is recognised as meaningful...

however... if the word is seen from the perspective of a person who is illiterate... or who cannot speak the language... no meaning is associated with the word... and so the appearance remains as it is... just 'marks in the seeing'... without meaning...

what is so in regard to 'words'... applies equally to apparent 'things'...

the image of a 'person' is seen as 'my mother'... or 'their mother'... or 'its mother'... (depending on the apparent relationship between 'me' and the apparent person/creature)...

as the meaning is associated with the appearance...

the apparent specific object is not the meaning (general abstraction known).. it is simply a 'form'... an 'image'... to which meaning is 'attached'...

attachment of meaning to these ghostly images is the magic lantern show...

how wonder full... :D

Love
Chalis

Re: There is no...

Post by Chalis » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:20 am

awakening wrote:("Copied from the "fear Thread.")

Things are not what they seem;
nor are they otherwise.

~ Lankavatara Sutra ~

I LOVE this!
michael

Re: There is no...

Post by michael » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:57 am

Chalis wrote:
awakening wrote:("Copied from the "fear Thread.")

Things are not what they seem;
nor are they otherwise.

~ Lankavatara Sutra ~

I LOVE this!
so precise... :D

Love