awakeningtothereal

Post Reply
Aurora
Posts: 937
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:14 am

awakeningtothereal

Post by Aurora » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:26 pm

the world is real
every tear
every kiss
every joy
every sorrow

no escape

only through incarnation
the spirit can find its wings


~ eldy
toombaru
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 9:02 pm
Location: There are no locations

Re: awakeningtothereal

Post by toombaru » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:30 pm

Aurora wrote:the world is real
every tear
every kiss
every joy
every sorrow

no escape

only through incarnation
the spirit can find its wings


~ eldy

(a big bumper sticker)

:lol:
dilaram

Re: awakeningtothereal

Post by dilaram » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:01 pm

Aurora wrote:the world is real
every tear
every kiss
every joy
every sorrow

no escape

only through incarnation
the spirit can find its wings


~ eldy

Do we really need wings?

Isn't this enough unto itself?

Why always looking for something more? something more special?

There is no world without an 'I' to label it as 'real'.

And the 'I' in 'I know' or 'I experience' is as real or has as much significance as the 'it' in 'it rains'.

And when the 'I' has no intrinsic substance then neither has 'the world' or 'the spirit'.
toombaru
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 9:02 pm
Location: There are no locations

Re: awakeningtothereal

Post by toombaru » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:22 pm

dilaram wrote:
Aurora wrote:the world is real
every tear
every kiss
every joy
every sorrow

no escape

only through incarnation
the spirit can find its wings


~ eldy

Do we really need wings?

Isn't this enough unto itself?

Why always looking for something more? something more special?

There is no world without an 'I' to label it as 'real'.

And the 'I' in 'I know' or 'I experience' is as real or has as much significance as the 'it' in 'it rains'.

And when the 'I' has no intrinsic substance then neither has 'the world' or 'the spirit'.


I understand everything that you are trying to say but have you ever ridden a giant pig?
Phoenix
Posts: 506
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 11:55 am

Re: awakeningtothereal

Post by Phoenix » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:14 pm

dilaram wrote:
Aurora wrote:the world is real
every tear
every kiss
every joy
every sorrow

no escape

only through incarnation
the spirit can find its wings


~ eldy

Do we really need wings?

Isn't this enough unto itself?

Why always looking for something more? something more special?

There is no world without an 'I' to label it as 'real'.

And the 'I' in 'I know' or 'I experience' is as real or has as much significance as the 'it' in 'it rains'.

And when the 'I' has no intrinsic substance then neither has 'the world' or 'the spirit'.
The I Am is not the I that I think Iam, but another part of me.

The "Eye" all seeing, all knowing, all powerful, of which there are no concepts, inconceiveable, ineffible, no thing, untouchable, inescapeable.

Eye but not I, I bow to the Lord who abides within.
Om Namah Shivaya. . .
I bow to the lord who abides within.
The Resurrection Body, as it were.
myamberdog
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:17 pm
Location: West Coast Desert

Post by myamberdog » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:26 pm

....you got guts, Aurora baby!!!!!!!!!


:wink:



....and I'm feelin' ya......
and my sand fleas.....
myamberdog
dilaram

Re: awakeningtothereal

Post by dilaram » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:57 pm

toombaru wrote: I understand everything that you are trying to say but have you ever ridden a giant pig?

Not only have I ridden giant pigs, I have ridden hellhounds too!
dilaram

Re: awakeningtothereal

Post by dilaram » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:01 pm

Phoenix wrote:
The I Am is not the I that I think Iam, but another part of me.

The "Eye" all seeing, all knowing, all powerful, of which there are no concepts, inconceiveable, ineffible, no thing, untouchable, inescapeable.

Eye but not I, I bow to the Lord who abides within.


That is not nondualism but dualism, dividing into parts.
dilaram

Post by dilaram » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:04 pm

myamberdog wrote:....you got guts, Aurora baby!!!!!!!!!


:wink:



....and I'm feelin' ya......
and my sand fleas.....

Guts :?: Because she says 'the world is real' :?:

That is what 99, 999999% of the human race thinks...

Strange ideas people have about what the concept 'Nondual Reality' points to...


Yes, the world is real as a real dream,
and the world is unreal because its nothing more than a dream.
toombaru
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 9:02 pm
Location: There are no locations

Post by toombaru » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:10 pm

dilaram wrote:
myamberdog wrote:....you got guts, Aurora baby!!!!!!!!!


:wink:



....and I'm feelin' ya......
and my sand fleas.....

Guts :?: Because she says 'the world is real' :?:

That is what 99, 999999% of the human race thinks...

Strange ideas people have about what the concept 'Nondual Reality' points to...


Yes, the world is real as a real dream,
and the world is unreal because its nothing more than a dream.

There is a real world....but it can't be touched by the conceptual mind.
dilaram

Post by dilaram » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:16 pm

toombaru wrote:

There is a real world....but it can't be touched by the conceptual mind.

If that really would be the case, then you could not say this, because by saying this you would touch it...a negative definition is still a definition.

You say it yourself: there is no escape from the dream, then don't pretend that there is by uttering such statements.

But in fact, you can say what you want (if you could)...

it's like writing with a wooden stick on water.

What use is it that there is a real world outside concepts when there is no one to enjoy or suffer it?

You see, you are back in separation.
Libra
Posts: 518
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:03 pm

Post by Libra » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:08 pm

" Nondualism superficially resembles solipsism, but from a nondual perspective solipsism mistakenly fails to consider subjectivity itself. Upon careful examination of the referent of "I," i.e. one's status as a separate observer of the perceptual field, one finds that one must be in as much doubt about it, too, as solipsists are about the existence of other minds and the rest of "the external world." (One way to see this is to consider that, due to the conundrum posed by one's own subjectivity becoming a perceptual object to itself, there is no way to validate one's "self-existence" except through the eyes of others—the independent existence of which is already solipsistically suspect!) Nondualism ultimately suggests that the referent of "I" is in fact an artificial construct (merely the border separating "inner" from "outer," in a sense), the transcendence of which constitutes enlightenment."
makara
Posts: 1341
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:09 am
Location: By the ocean, ready for the big one.

Post by makara » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:35 am

Yeah .. take that
(what LIbra quoted)!

It is said that this
is all predestined.
So if there is something to predestine
then -
the world is real
every tear
every kiss
every joy
every sorrow
this is one of those
it is - while embodied in Maya
it is not - when realised.
Post Reply