The center of the mandala

fox
Posts: 821
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:07 am
Location: Switzerland

The center of the mandala

Post by fox » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:10 pm

Namaste!

First, I'd like to point our attention to Pumayana, a young superb graphic artist, I met 2 years ago in Goa. His work is simply stunning:
Image

Here is the whole interview and more work of his:
Mandala Art By Aurélien Pumayana Floret


Now, some very peculiar question arised: What is actually right in the middle of the mandala? What's the absolute focus in the center of the mandala...?

Does the mandala disappear into this center, or does it come out from this center...?

Is the center of the mandala what we are, and the mandala itself is continually spun out of ourselves? :?: [ying]
toombaru
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 9:02 pm
Location: There are no locations

Re: The center of the mandala

Post by toombaru » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:56 pm

fox wrote:Namaste!

First, I'd like to point our attention to Pumayana, a young superb graphic artist, I met 2 years ago in Goa. His work is simply stunning:
Image

Here is the whole interview and more work of his:
Mandala Art By Aurélien Pumayana Floret


Now, some very peculiar question arised: What is actually right in the middle of the mandala? What's the absolute focus in the center of the mandala...?

Does the mandala disappear into this center, or does it come out from this center...?

Is the center of the mandala what we are, and the mandala itself is continually spun out of ourselves? :?: [ying]

In its attempts to get a peek up it own imaginary skirts.....the self comes up with stuff like mandalas.
dilaram

Re: The center of the mandala

Post by dilaram » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:03 pm

fox wrote:

1. Now, some very peculiar question arised: What is actually right in the middle of the mandala? What's the absolute focus in the center of the mandala...?

2. Does the mandala disappear into this center, or does it come out from this center...?

3. Is the center of the mandala what we are, and the mandala itself is continually spun out of ourselves? :?: [ying]

1. The 'Absolute focus' is a contradiction in terms. The Absolute is not a focus, all focusses arise in It.

The center symbolizes 'Absolutely Nothing' which appears as 'Absolutely Everything (represented by the mandala).


2. Both. No center without a periphery, no periphery without a center.

3. "We" as relative beings are symbolized by the mandala.

"We" as Absolute Being are the mandala ànd the center of the mandala ànd where the mandala and its center appear in.
toombaru
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 9:02 pm
Location: There are no locations

Re: The center of the mandala

Post by toombaru » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:27 pm

dilaram wrote:
fox wrote:

1. Now, some very peculiar question arised: What is actually right in the middle of the mandala? What's the absolute focus in the center of the mandala...?

2. Does the mandala disappear into this center, or does it come out from this center...?

3. Is the center of the mandala what we are, and the mandala itself is continually spun out of ourselves? :?: [ying]

1. The 'Absolute focus' is a contradiction in terms. The Absolute is not a focus, all focusses arise in It.

The center symbolizes 'Absolutely Nothing' which appears as 'Absolutely Everything (represented by the mandala).


2. Both. No center without a periphery, no periphery without a center.

3. "We" as relative beings are symbolized by the mandala.

"We" as Absolute Being are the mandala ànd the center of the mandala ànd where the mandala and its center appear in.


Can you imagine the self's condition without using symbols?
Xmac
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:56 am
Location: Boston area, Massachusetts

Post by Xmac » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:06 am

Is there a problem with symbols?
Log on to the inner-net and be kind to your mind (or not).
dilaram

Re: The center of the mandala

Post by dilaram » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:38 am

toombaru wrote:
dilaram wrote:
fox wrote:

1. Now, some very peculiar question arised: What is actually right in the middle of the mandala? What's the absolute focus in the center of the mandala...?

2. Does the mandala disappear into this center, or does it come out from this center...?

3. Is the center of the mandala what we are, and the mandala itself is continually spun out of ourselves? :?: [ying]

1. The 'Absolute focus' is a contradiction in terms. The Absolute is not a focus, all focusses arise in It.

The center symbolizes 'Absolutely Nothing' which appears as 'Absolutely Everything (represented by the mandala).


2. Both. No center without a periphery, no periphery without a center.

3. "We" as relative beings are symbolized by the mandala.

"We" as Absolute Being are the mandala ànd the center of the mandala ànd where the mandala and its center appear in.


Can you imagine the self's condition without using symbols?

No of course not, the self itself is a symbol.
dilaram

Post by dilaram » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:40 am

Xmac wrote:Is there a problem with symbols?

For some characters there seems to be, for instance nazi-symbols...
Xmac
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:56 am
Location: Boston area, Massachusetts

Post by Xmac » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:16 pm

Fox,
I'd say the Mandala was a kind of fractal. The center is probably more Mandalas to infinity. Much like the hologram every piece contains the whole.
Log on to the inner-net and be kind to your mind (or not).
toombaru
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 9:02 pm
Location: There are no locations

Post by toombaru » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:30 pm

Xmac wrote:Is there a problem with symbols?

Not when it is understood that they are symbols.
toombaru
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 9:02 pm
Location: There are no locations

Re: The center of the mandala

Post by toombaru » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:31 pm

dilaram wrote:
toombaru wrote:
dilaram wrote:
fox wrote:

1. Now, some very peculiar question arised: What is actually right in the middle of the mandala? What's the absolute focus in the center of the mandala...?

2. Does the mandala disappear into this center, or does it come out from this center...?

3. Is the center of the mandala what we are, and the mandala itself is continually spun out of ourselves? :?: [ying]

1. The 'Absolute focus' is a contradiction in terms. The Absolute is not a focus, all focusses arise in It.

The center symbolizes 'Absolutely Nothing' which appears as 'Absolutely Everything (represented by the mandala).


2. Both. No center without a periphery, no periphery without a center.

3. "We" as relative beings are symbolized by the mandala.

"We" as Absolute Being are the mandala ànd the center of the mandala ànd where the mandala and its center appear in.


Can you imagine the self's condition without using symbols?

No of course not, the self itself is a symbol.


So you are using a symbol to describe another symbol?
Aurora
Posts: 937
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:14 am

Post by Aurora » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:45 pm

Image

simply beautiful
I saw it this morning
and I have been thinking of it ever since
how it moves and is silent at the same time
in the senter
where everything appears and disappears
the mystery

so very beautiful fox

thank you for sharing

with love
~ aurora
dilaram

Re: The center of the mandala

Post by dilaram » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:37 pm

toombaru wrote:
So you are using a symbol to describe another symbol?

You could say "Oneness/Nothingness/Everythingness/Beingness" uses symbols to describe other symbols yes.

Everything is a symbol for "That which is not a symbol".
fox
Posts: 821
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:07 am
Location: Switzerland

Post by fox » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:52 am

I'd say the Mandala was a kind of fractal. The center is probably more Mandalas to infinity. Much like the hologram every piece contains the whole.
Yep Xmac, thanks a lot for that, that's exactly what occured to me as well.

And Aurora,
simply beautiful
I saw it this morning
and I have been thinking of it ever since
how it moves and is silent at the same time
in the senter
where everything appears and disappears
the mystery
So wonderful, we might be the dimensionless and infinitiely small (or infinitely huge) miraculous center in the middle, within everything appears and disappears again! So we are ever the center of this grand organizing design (G.O.D) and the encompassing mandala is the world around us. Or so.
:D
toombaru
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 9:02 pm
Location: There are no locations

Post by toombaru » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:09 pm

fox wrote:
I'd say the Mandala was a kind of fractal. The center is probably more Mandalas to infinity. Much like the hologram every piece contains the whole.
Yep Xmac, thanks a lot for that, that's exactly what occured to me as well.

And Aurora,
simply beautiful
I saw it this morning
and I have been thinking of it ever since
how it moves and is silent at the same time
in the senter
where everything appears and disappears
the mystery
So wonderful, we might be the dimensionless and infinitiely small (or infinitely huge) miraculous center in the middle, within everything appears and disappears again! So we are ever the center of this grand organizing design (G.O.D) and the encompassing mandala is the world around us. Or so.
:D

Or maybe we are all teletubbies lost somewhere in someone's old television.


:shock:
Xmac
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:56 am
Location: Boston area, Massachusetts

Post by Xmac » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:13 am

Yes!

The television is in us and we are in the television.

I'm down with that. \:D/
Log on to the inner-net and be kind to your mind (or not).
Post Reply