A Sister's death.

makara
Posts: 1341
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:09 am
Location: By the ocean, ready for the big one.

A Sister's death.

Post by makara » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:33 am

Yes it is true ... there is no death.
And yet when the phone call
came yesterday
the body went into grief.

Not long after this river of tears started
something sat watching
and the understanding emerged
that it was not only just mind,
but a desire also for drama ....
...the phone calls, the organising,
open (cultural) permission to receive sympathy.

There was a sobering eventually as
the inevitable question was asked
"to whom is this happening?"

Now today there is a sense of sadness,
recognition that she is the first sibling to go
and sympathy for husband, children ... those
who will feel the tearing away of mother/wife.

But there is no more 'personal grief';
the container broke and the sea water
returned to the ocean.

Makara will miss his sister
and that remains a strange sensation.
ANNA
Posts: 4093
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:11 pm

Re: A Sister's death.

Post by ANNA » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:45 am

makara wrote:Yes it is true ... there is no death.
And yet when the phone call
came yesterday
the body went into grief.

Not long after this river of tears started
something sat watching
and the understanding emerged
that it was not only just mind,
but a desire also for drama ....
...the phone calls, the organising,
open (cultural) permission to receive sympathy.

There was a sobering eventually as
the inevitable question was asked
"to whom is this happening?"

Now today there is a sense of sadness,
recognition that she is the first sibling to go
and sympathy for husband, children ... those
who will feel the tearing away of mother/wife.

But there is no more 'personal grief';
the container broke and the sea water
returned to the ocean.

Makara will miss his sister
and that remains a strange sensation.

thank you, makara

for sharing your human and beyond human

experiences with a very natural, and yet sad human experience...

yes, i remembered 7 years ago, when my mother passed away

i felt the same way like you today....

the first shock from the lost will pass,

and yet the feeling, that this sobling

is alive and always here...

remains....for ever...........

be well.......

((((hugs))))


.
Last edited by ANNA on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aurora
Posts: 937
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:14 am

Post by Aurora » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:45 am

Image

beloved makara

I am sorry to hear that
sending you love
her beautiful soul
her family

with love
~ aurora
ANNA
Posts: 4093
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:11 pm

Post by ANNA » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:03 am

makara,

no need to say anything......

i will be for a while still here...

sitting silently with you,

just in case you need

to share something....


.....or just sitting silently too....




......................................



hi eldy


nice to hear again from you.....

its been for while.....


.
makara
Posts: 1341
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:09 am
Location: By the ocean, ready for the big one.

Post by makara » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:30 am

just sitting silently
No emoticon for 'heart'
ANNA
Posts: 4093
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:11 pm

Post by ANNA » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:40 am

makara wrote:
just sitting silently
No emoticon for 'heart'

ImageImage
makara
Posts: 1341
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:09 am
Location: By the ocean, ready for the big one.

Post by makara » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:11 am

Death, be not proud.

Death, be not proud. Though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so.
For those whom thou think'st thou dost overthrow
Die not, poor death; not yet cans't thou kill me.
From rest and sleep, which but thy picture be,
Much pleasure; then from thee much more must flow
And soonest our best men with thee do go -
Rest of their bones and soul's delivery!
Thou'rt slave to fate, chance, kings and desperate men,
And dost with poison, war and sickness dwell;
And poppy or charms can make us sleep as well
And better than thy stroke. Why swell'st thou then?
One short sleep past, we wake eternally
And death shall be no more, death thou shalt die.

John Donne 1573 - 1631
dilaram

Post by dilaram » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:17 am

My condolences makara
toombaru
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 9:02 pm
Location: There are no locations

Re: A Sister's death.

Post by toombaru » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:54 pm

makara wrote:Yes it is true ... there is no death.
And yet when the phone call
came yesterday
the body went into grief.

Not long after this river of tears started
something sat watching
and the understanding emerged
that it was not only just mind,
but a desire also for drama ....
...the phone calls, the organising,
open (cultural) permission to receive sympathy.

There was a sobering eventually as
the inevitable question was asked
"to whom is this happening?"

Now today there is a sense of sadness,
recognition that she is the first sibling to go
and sympathy for husband, children ... those
who will feel the tearing away of mother/wife.

But there is no more 'personal grief';
the container broke and the sea water
returned to the ocean.

Makara will miss his sister
and that remains a strange sensation.


Ramesh spoke of missing his sister when she died.
To be aware does remove one's feelings but enhances the nuances of what it means to be fully human.
empty-and-full
Posts: 1448
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: Unknown

Post by empty-and-full » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:31 pm

(((((( makara )))))) :cry:
:)
Xmac
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:56 am
Location: Boston area, Massachusetts

Re: A Sister's death.

Post by Xmac » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:25 am

makara wrote: and the understanding emerged
that it was not only just mind,
but a desire also for drama ....

But there is no more 'personal grief';
the container broke and the sea water
returned to the ocean.

Makara will miss his sister
and that remains a strange sensation.
May this apparent passing continue to aid you on your path.
Your statements above have a very centered quality.
Log on to the inner-net and be kind to your mind (or not).
dilaram

Re: A Sister's death.

Post by dilaram » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:17 am

Xmac wrote:
May this apparent passing continue to aid you on your path.
Your statements above have a very centered quality.
The path is the goal,

There is nothing else.

Or as Ramesh Balsekar approaches it: "neither path nor destination."

The centre and the periphery are undivided.

No centre without periphery, no periphery without centre.
aquarius
Posts: 2408
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 4:07 pm
Location: The united kingdom of heaven

Post by aquarius » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:21 pm

the sea water returned to the ocean.
Image
I love talking about nothing ...
it is the only thing i know anything about.
ANNA
Posts: 4093
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:11 pm

Post by ANNA » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:06 pm

aquarius wrote:
the sea water returned to the ocean.
Image

The idea of the sea and ocean
made ‘me’ recall
how sometimes
in deep sleep,
i know and see
the body is sleeping,

and yet……

at the same time
see myself
is diving deep into
Something that
Looks like Ocean…

…..deep, silent,
Blue-green…..

…and there is a
glimmer, unclear
Light around, white, bright, close,
and yet far….

blinking, flickering…


......................going on,and on diving.......


............no breath left...........


.
aquarius
Posts: 2408
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 4:07 pm
Location: The united kingdom of heaven

Post by aquarius » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:54 pm

ANNA wrote:
The idea of the sea and ocean
made ‘me’ recall
how sometimes
in deep sleep,
i know and see
the body is sleeping,

and yet……

at the same time
see myself
is diving deep into
Something that
Looks like Ocean…

…..deep, silent,
Blue-green…..

…and there is a
glimmer, unclear
Light around, white, bright, close,
and yet far….

blinking, flickering…


......................going on,and on diving.......


............no breath left...........


.
Oh Anna that's a sooo kewl! :D


exhausted and ............no breath left...............Anna :wink: Image
I love talking about nothing ...
it is the only thing i know anything about.
Post Reply