awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index awakeningtothedream.com
Non Duality: The one question to all our answers.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Arising of the Illusion of Self
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Many Of One

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Only man, who believes himself to be the most highly evolved form of life, makes a mess of it and turns living into suffering and in so doing separates himself from that which he is, his essence.

This mess is of course still only BEING.
McB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This mess is of course still only BEING.

Yup.

Love
McB
jeff j

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. BEING always is and is all there is. (For BEING you can substitute ONE, GOD, ENERGY, TAO, IT or whatever).

2. BEING appears in all forms, as all forms and is all forms.

3. All separation between forms is apparent only, because it is all only ever BEING.

blah blah,
and continuing on, apparently the only one
foolish enough to play this game with words...? Confused
and seeing that simple is not so simple... Laughing

1. BEING always is and is all there is. (For BEING you can substitute ONE, GOD, ENERGY, TAO, IT or whatever).

2. BEING appears in all forms, as all forms and is all forms,
and as forms appear only, so they appear only with-in or up-on the formless,
so Being appears in these forms and then dis-appears in the formless,
thus Being can be neither appearing nor dis-appearing,
thus it is Being both, at once, as One.

3. All separation between forms is apparent only, because it is all only ever BEING.
The formless is the nothing, no seams, no separations, no before or after, this vs. that.
Being is only as it is, there can be no further distinction,
forms appear, distinctions are formed within this one Being.

jeff j

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

16. So all there is is BEING and you are THAT.

16. So all there is is BEING, you is Being~being you.

that's all McB,
i've got to take a short ride along
a long frozen river,
an old road, a curvy old road,
flat and down near the flood zone,
dinner at O' Naturals...
Love,
Many Of One

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McB wrote:
Yes, Fox, that is right.

It is the extent to which what the "me" wants is simply seen or indulged.

What the "me" wants is just another arising which probably has perfectly valid reasons for its survival within its own story (mental model of the world and itself).

However Seeing that is not believing it (as it were!), but indulging is the start of the whole damned problem!!! Shocked

Love
McB

Maybe all THIS is BEING indulging in ITSELF....

(is that what you meant?)
jeff j

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12. Some beliefs (in fact most) arise as a result of the breakdown or disappearance in certain human forms of the sense of separation. In the absence of the sense of separate self there is just pure Knowing of BEING. When compared to the illusory view of separation, such a glimpse of pure BEING is a radical experience for the human form. It is also seen to be the apparent solution to all human problems or suffering. Whereas in fact all such suffering or problems only exist because of the illusion of separation. No such separation can ever be real and there is nothing and no-one who is ever not BEING itself. So a glimpse of BEING or the description of such a glimpse appears to the false sense of a separate self to be the ultimate survival solution!! The end of all problems and suffering. And so seeking begins to try to experience or reach that state.

12. As a result of the breakdown or disappearance in certain human forms of the sense of separation, and in the absence of any sense of separate self there is just pure Knowing, or now-ing of BEING. When compared to the illusory view of separation, such a glimpse of pure BEING is a radical experience for the human form. So a glimpse of BEING or the description of such a glimpse appears to the false sense of a separate self, to be the ultimate survival solution!! For that false-sensed self, this description of that glimpse, becomes a belief.
These beliefs are also often seen to be the apparent solution to all human problems or suffering, and even as the end of all problems and suffering. And so seeking begins, to try to experience or reach that state. Whereas in fact all such suffering or problems only exist because of the illusion of separation. No such separation can ever be real and there is nothing and no-one who is ever not BEING itself, the seeker, misled by these beliefs is seeking itís own Being...which is there throughout it all, eternally.
Being is nowhere to be found, but lies, beyond belief, beyond seeker and seeking, beyond the be-yond.

McB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of One wrote:
Maybe all THIS is BEING indulging in ITSELF....

(is that what you meant?)

No, I don't think so. BEING is entirely neutral and does not DO anything. There is no direction in Being. It is not trying to amuse itself etc. etc.
It is the underlying substance of all that is, but has no relation to any of it.

So indulging the "me" may happen or it may not, but it is not done by anyone or for any reason. Like everything else, it just happens.

Love
McB
whonowz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: The Arising of the Illusion of Self Reply with quote

McB wrote:
16. So all there is is BEING and you are THAT.

Nicely put, but I don't wanna be THAT and BEING and EVERYTHING.

I'm clinging to nothing! Wink
whonowz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Indulging....mmmmm....yum! Reply with quote

sara wrote:
Problem?

What problem?

Ya got a problem?

Ya got a problem wit DIS?

OK.....Ya got a problem! . So?

Love,
saraprobe'ndaproblem

Laughing

Thanks for the laugh!!! Smile
jeff j

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9. Over the years of life of the human form this false sense of separation is reinforced by its interaction with the world and other 'human' (apparently separate) forms. This sense of a separate self is completely illusory and has nothing to do with BEING which always is and is all there is. There is no separation in BEING. The sense of being alive and existing IS the Knowing of BEING but this has nothing to do with the sense of self which is false. In the human form BEING knows itself as alive in the absence of any sense of self. This is the state of a baby prior to the arising of the sense of separation. The Knowing of BEING however even in the human form is completely neutral. It has no reference, relevance or interest in the "me" story of the particular organism.

9. The sense of a separate self is completely illusory and is apparently independantly arising within BEING. Being always is and is all there is. There is no separation in BEING. The sense of being alive and existing IS the now-ing of BEING. In the human form BEING knows it's-self as aliveness, with an absence of any sensed-knowing of self. This is apparently the state of a baby prior to the arising of the sense of separation, prior to the beginning of the "me" story. This now-ing of BEING in the human form has no reference, relevance or interest in the "me" story of the particular organism. The "me" story naturally emerges during the life of the human form. This emerging-me, or false sense of separation, is continually reinforced and conditions itself to believe in itself through its interaction with the world, other human forms, other "me" stories. The other "me" stories teach the story of "me", enforce the story of "me", inflict the story of "me" on others, and on the world. Being is there before any "me" stories, during all "me" stories,
after the "me" story. "Me" stories separate themselves from Being by containing within themselves, within their own stories, beginnings and endings. Being, as described here is not only has not beginning or ending,
but is outside of time, Being is timeless, spaceless, beyond all description. Being cannot be contained by any term, even the term 'Being' is not it but only points to it's term-less, time-less, space-less everyhting-ness and nothing-ness... Being is the less, the ness, the is, the it, it is the Be and the Ing, and the '-" and none of it... those three dots, the screen, the computer, your hands, you life, your death, the expolsions in Iraq, the end of the sun, the beginning of the all, the 'the', being is blah blah,
and no wonder you have to be nuts or in love to try to write about it,
sing about it, dance it, play it, love it, feel it, breathe it, taste it, now it...

ok. i won't make a good editor, life's too short to edit,
"why leave anything out of everyhting".
LOVE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: