awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index awakeningtothedream.com
Non Duality: The one question to all our answers.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hay Haiku of the Day (Minding "This" vs "That

Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Poetry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WITruth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Hay Haiku of the Day (Minding "This" vs "That Reply with quote

[Rich Note to my ATTD Friends: In deference to the non-dual audience that frequents this forum, I have tried to be somewhat discriminating with regard to which "bridge work" I share. So in that spirit, I share todays. if anyone in the audience would care to see more of this "bridge work" -- which is "non-dual" at heart, but often speaks from a "dualist perspective" due to its primary target audience, you can check it out at rfhay333.gather.com, rfhay333.eons.com or myspace.com/rfhay333. --Rich]

[Rich Note: "Must see" image may be viewed at the aforementioned URLs.]

(This vs That Photograph)

This vs That (C) 2007 RFHay; Taken this morning on the patio out back to visually illustrate the true effect of momentarily "minding" (focusing one's mind on) "this" while ignoring "that" (everything else, including the field of awareness in which I arise); Companion Haiku: Accompanying.

“If you don’t mind, then
It doesn’t matter” is both
Funny and profound.

To “mind” is to pay
Attention to “this” to the
Exclusion of “that.”

[Rich Note: My "mind" is not a thing, but a process of relative (self-reflective and referencing) thought (read "thinking") in which I "contract the field of my awareness" (by narrowing mental focus) and then "mind this" (one part of the field) to the "exclusion of that" (the rest of the field)."]

Minding “this” to the
Exclusion of “that” ignores
The knowledge I Am.

[Rich Note: Seen in this light, "minding, thinking or relative, self-referencing thought" actually involves "ignoring" (or turning my mental back on) the entire field of the Awareness I Am in favor of a much narrower frame of "self-reference." While this may have its charms, if I become self-identified with the latter and in so doing forget I Am the former, it can turn a “joyride into a nightmare.”]

Form-fixated mind
Loses sight and sense of the
Field of awareness.

[Rich Note: Thus, this relative, self-reflective, mental process of "minding this while excluding that" I call "my mind" "fragments to function (“partializes to process”), is grounded in "self-ignorance" (and, thereby, induces a degree of amnesia with respect to being the entire field); and, in the process, results in relative unawareness of Being Here and Now as I Am (absent mindedness) in Spirit and Truth.]

[Rich Note: Biblically speaking, “When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly ; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known” (1 Cor 13:10-12).]

© 2007 RFHay
jeff j

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Hay Haiku of the Day (Minding "This" vs " Reply with quote

WITruth wrote:

Biblically speaking,

"but then face to face: now I
know in part; but then shall I
know even as also I
(am known)"

© 2007

hi rich winken

thanks for the link!
no gorfhay333.gather.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Poetry All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: