awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index awakeningtothedream.com
Non Duality: The one question to all our answers.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The problem is me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freefall

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: The problem is me Reply with quote

Awhile ago I used to browse a yoga forum (from Erich Schiffman). There was one poster there who just seemed like a know-it-all, had all the answers, quoted all the right texts, seemed really full of himself. People would take him seriously, thanking him for his opinions etc. I couldn't believe others couldn't see his rank ego, his posturing.

Somehow (the grace of god?), I saw that he wasn't a problem at all. The problem was me, literally. Take that "me" out of the picture, and there was no problem with the posts, the forum, none of that.
nemo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and yet, if you take you out of the pictiure, there is no picture! no posts, no forum nothing. It is you that creates it all. there is no forum, there is no poster, it's all you.
cimages

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nemo wrote:
and yet, if you take you out of the pictiure, there is no picture! no posts, no forum nothing. It is you that creates it all. there is no forum, there is no poster, it's all you.

Yet! when the you that is "freefall" & "nemo" is removed from 'the' picture, 'A' picture still remains!

Peace!
toombaru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cimages wrote:
nemo wrote:

Yet! when the you that is "freefall" & "nemo" is removed from 'the' picture, 'A' picture still remains!

Peace!

You can never know that.

toombaru
cimages

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toombaru wrote:
cimages wrote:
nemo wrote:

Peace!

You can never know that.
toombaru

This 'you' can never really know anything but yet according to Michael 'you' are all knowing & only pretend not to know. So perhaps 'I' can pretend to know this. Or better still, 'I' will pretend to be totally confused!

Peace!
toombaru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cimages wrote:
toombaru wrote:
cimages wrote:
nemo wrote:

Peace!

You can never know that.
toombaru

This 'you' can never really know anything but yet according to Michael 'you' are all knowing & only pretend not to know. So perhaps 'I' can pretend to know this. Or better still, 'I' will pretend to be totally confused!

Peace!

Only confusion exists downstream from the emergence of I-am.

toombaru
fox

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...Only confusion exists downstream from the emergence of I-am..."

Now, I am confused
Very Happy
michael

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cimages wrote:

Hi cimages, yes 'you' knows nothing and that which knows, ever knows.

'Knowing' appears to 'come and go' only as sensations rise and fall to give apparent momentary form to that which is known. Knowing does not change. Sensations alone give the appearance of change.

Don't take 'my' word for it, see for yourself Cool

Pointing only ( Very Happy ):

As a word is read ("tree" for instance), meaning is given 'symbolic' form in the 'marks' on the screen. The meaning does not just come into being as the marks appear, nor does the meaning dissolve with the disappearance of the marks. What is true of the 'word' (symbol) is true of the apparent form (the image of the tree that is seen).

In a dream, there really is no tree... only sensations (colours, sounds, feelings, odours and perhaps flavours) that are perceived 'as' a tree.

That which determines the patterns of sensations that arise each moment (to give the image its apparent form), is the same that gives the form its meaning.

It is meaning alone that creates the impression that the momentary pattern of sensations is 'a tree'. This knowing of 'the tree' is instantaneous and rarely expressed in thought. That is, a 'tree' is seen as such, without the thought 'that is a tree'. The overall sense is of 'familiarity' with the scene as a whole wherein 'meaning' is associated with the image.

'Apparent Form' (the perceived image) and 'Meaning' are not the same. The apparent form can appear to be different things at different times (snake/rope) or to be completely without meaning. When meaning is not associated with the image it may be expressed as "What the fuck is that?" Embarassed

The whole archetype/idea/concept/meaning that is 'tree' can never change.

No meaning 'stands on its own'. It is meaningful only by reference to all other meaning. All meaning is one... ever unchanging. This is 'knowable'... without doubt.

The knowing ever knows the meaning of all that is knowable. There is no past into which meaning can flow to be forgotten, nor any future in which new meaning can be created.

Conceptually (still pointing Very Happy ), imagine a vast 'self-contained' network of meaning in which the pathways through the network represent separate 'life histories'. Infinite are these, containing all possibilities.

As colours are inseparable from the seeing, yet not seeing, so that which is known is inseparable from the knowing.

While ever knowing all that is knowable, Knowing knows not itself, nor the nature of its knowing. (The 'pointing' above simply illustrates the vastness and inter-connectedness of all that is. It is not meant to be taken as 'the truth' Very Happy )

Knowing and Being are One. All that is known, is God's image... it is what God imagines himself to be. Very Happy

Who writes these words, reads them. There is no writer, only reading... words appearing as they are read.

Who is the reader?

Every attempt to express the 'non' experience of Being is, of necessity, meaningless. Every expression is transcribed in symbols that stand for meaning... and no meaning can ever grasp being, yet...

Here it is!

Clear as mud. Confused

Love

Last edited by michael on Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
cimages

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michael wrote:
cimages wrote:

Hi cimages, yes 'you' knows nothing and that which knows, ever knows.

'Knowing' appears to 'come and go' only as sensations rise and fall to give apparent momentary form to that which is known. Knowing does not change. Sensations alone give the appearance of change.

Pointing only ( Cool ):

As a word is read ("tree" for instance), meaning is given 'symbolic' form in the 'marks' on the screen. The meaning does not just come into being as the marks appear, nor does the meaning dissolve with the disappearance of the marks. What is true of the 'word' (symbol) is true of the apparent form (the image of the tree that is seen).

In a dream, there really is no tree... only sensations (colours, sounds, feelings, odours and perhaps flavours) that are perceived 'as' a tree.

The whole archetype/idea/concept/meaning that is 'tree' can never change.

No meaning 'stands on its own'. It is meaningful only by reference to all other meaning. All meaning is one... ever unchanging. This is 'knowable'... without doubt.

The knowing ever knows the meaning of all that is knowable. There is no past into which meaning can flow to be forgotten, nor any future in which new meaning can be created.

Conceptually (still pointing Very Happy ), imagine a vast 'self-contained' network of meaning in which the pathways through the network represent separate 'life histories'. Infinite are these, containing all possibilities.

As colours are inseparable from the seeing, yet not seeing, so that which is known is inseparable from the knowing.

While ever knowing all that is knowable, Knowing knows not itself, nor the nature of its knowing. (The 'pointing' above simply illustrates the vastness and inter-connectedness of all that is. It is not meant to be taken as 'the truth' Very Happy )

Knowing and Being are One. All that is known, is God's image... it is what God imagines himself to be. Very Happy

Who writes these words, reads them. There is no writer, only reading... words appearing as they are read.

Who is the reader?

Every attempt to express the 'non' experience of Being is, of necessity, meaningless. Every expression is transcribed in symbols that stand for meaning... and no meaning can ever grasp being, yet...

Here it is!

Clear as mud. Confused
Love

You know, I think I will just enjoy being while the feeling last & let those that know that they know continue to know that which I think I know but I don't know & tend to my foolish thoughs of not knowing & pretend that I know that which I can't pretend not to know! Laughing

IT'S ALL GOOD! Cool

Peace!....And Happy Holidays! Very Happy
michael

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: