awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index awakeningtothedream.com
Non Duality: The one question to all our answers.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This Is It

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
aquarius



Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 2408
Location: The united kingdom of heaven

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: This Is It Reply with quote

Time, timelessness, identity, eternity.........

no goyoutube.com/watch?v=MM-Y9Kcci0U&feature=related[/b]
_________________
I love talking about nothing ...
it is the only thing i know anything about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
toombaru



Joined: 10 May 2005
Posts: 5189
Location: There are no locations

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: This Is It Reply with quote

aquarius wrote:
Time, timelessness, identity, eternity.........

no goyoutube.com/watch?v=MM-Y9Kcci0U&feature=related[/b]




My self looks around and sees that all living things eventually die.

The sense of I am is so vital.....so alive.........

How could it disappear from the scene?

How could it simply evaporate without a trace?

I know...........I really must be eternal........yeah.......that's the ticket.

I am an eternal being.........just kinda confused.........

......something must have locked me in this little body........

.....but when I am able to slip into the NOW mode........

watch out baby...............

I'm gonna live forever.


Chorus:



Baby look at me
And tell me what you see
You ain't seen the best of me yet
Give me time I'll make you forget the rest

I got more in me
And you can set it free
I can catch the moon in my hands
Don't you know who I am

Remember my name
Fame

I'm gonna live forever
I'm gonna learn how to fly
High

I feel it coming together
People will see me and cry
Fame

I'm gonna make it to heaven
Light up the sky like a flame
Fame

I'm gonna live forever
Baby remember my name

Remember
Remember
Remember
Remember
Remember
Remember
Remember
Remember

Baby hold me tight
Cause you can make it right
You can shoot me straight to the top
Give me love and take all I've got to give

Baby I'll be tough
Too much is not enough
I can ride your heart til it breaks
Ooh I got what it takes

Fame
I'm gonna live forever
I'm gonna learn how to fly
High

I feel it coming together
People will see me and cry
Fame

I'm gonna make it to heaven
Light up the sky like a flame
Fame

I'm gonna live forever
Baby remember my name
Fame
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
aquarius



Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 2408
Location: The united kingdom of heaven

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: This Is It Reply with quote

toombaru wrote:



I'm gonna live forever.




What I ?
_________________
I love talking about nothing ...
it is the only thing i know anything about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
toombaru



Joined: 10 May 2005
Posts: 5189
Location: There are no locations

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: This Is It Reply with quote

aquarius wrote:
toombaru wrote:



I'm gonna live forever.




What I ?
Applause
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
aquarius



Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 2408
Location: The united kingdom of heaven

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: This Is It Reply with quote

toombaru wrote:
aquarius wrote:
toombaru wrote:



I'm gonna live forever.




What I ?
Applause


Laughing
_________________
I love talking about nothing ...
it is the only thing i know anything about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xmac



Joined: 18 Apr 2010
Posts: 200
Location: Boston area, Massachusetts

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Science has demonstrated that every atom in our bodies is different after 2 or 3 years (I forget which). What do you suppose is the organizing element which constantly recreates the apparent "I" or body?
_________________
Log on to the inner-net and be kind to your mind (or not).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
aquarius



Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 2408
Location: The united kingdom of heaven

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xmac wrote:

What do you suppose is the organizing element which constantly recreates the apparent "I" or body?

Quote by U.G.K
All that we know is by virtue of thought, and yet we can't even know thought itself,
because every time we look at thought we don't see thought, we just see thoughts about thought.
Even the thought we are talking about is created by the knowledge that is given to us.
So the thought is a self- auto-perpetuating mechanism.
The body is not interested in that at all.
The actions of the body are responses to the stimuli, and it has no separate, independent existence of its own.
Unfortunately, time is the one that has created the beginning and the end,
and it is interested in permanence, whereas the functioning of the body is immortal in its own way,
because it has no beginning, it is not born, so it has no death. So there is a death to the thought, but not to the body.
Thought tends to perpetuate itself, it does not want to come to an end.
The mind doesn't exist, but even so it wishes to believe it is immortal.

It is interested in creating an artificial immortality -- of an entity, self, whatever you want to call it.
It knows in a way that it is coming to an end somewhere along the line, and its survival, its continuity,
its status quo depends upon the continuity of the body.
But body is not in any way involved with the thought, because it has no beginning, it has no end.

It is the thought that has created the two points -- this is the birth and that is the death.

So our illusion that We have a mind is born out of fear.
_________________
I love talking about nothing ...
it is the only thing i know anything about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
toombaru



Joined: 10 May 2005
Posts: 5189
Location: There are no locations

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xmac wrote:
Science has demonstrated that every atom in our bodies is different after 2 or 3 years (I forget which). What do you suppose is the organizing element which constantly recreates the apparent "I" or body?



Life creates the body.
Memory creates the I.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
toombaru



Joined: 10 May 2005
Posts: 5189
Location: There are no locations

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aquarius wrote:
Xmac wrote:

What do you suppose is the organizing element which constantly recreates the apparent "I" or body?

Quote by U.G.K
All that we know is by virtue of thought, and yet we can't even know thought itself,
because every time we look at thought we don't see thought, we just see thoughts about thought.
Even the thought we are talking about is created by the knowledge that is given to us.
So the thought is a self- auto-perpetuating mechanism.
The body is not interested in that at all.
The actions of the body are responses to the stimuli, and it has no separate, independent existence of its own.
Unfortunately, time is the one that has created the beginning and the end,
and it is interested in permanence, whereas the functioning of the body is immortal in its own way,
because it has no beginning, it is not born, so it has no death. So there is a death to the thought, but not to the body.
Thought tends to perpetuate itself, it does not want to come to an end.
The mind doesn't exist, but even so it wishes to believe it is immortal.

It is interested in creating an artificial immortality -- of an entity, self, whatever you want to call it.
It knows in a way that it is coming to an end somewhere along the line, and its survival, its continuity,
its status quo depends upon the continuity of the body.
But body is not in any way involved with the thought, because it has no beginning, it has no end.

It is the thought that has created the two points -- this is the birth and that is the death.

So our illusion that We have a mind is born out of fear.





If UG believes that the body is immortal he should volunteer at the local hospice.........
Oh.......wait a minute.......I forgot.......he died.


Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
aquarius



Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 2408
Location: The united kingdom of heaven

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toombaru wrote:


If UG believes that the body is immortal he should volunteer at the local hospice.........
Oh.......wait a minute.......I forgot.......he died.


Shocked


Perhaps he was referring to the body in the context of Life?

The body being ''Life''
_________________
I love talking about nothing ...
it is the only thing i know anything about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
toombaru



Joined: 10 May 2005
Posts: 5189
Location: There are no locations

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aquarius wrote:
toombaru wrote:


If UG believes that the body is immortal he should volunteer at the local hospice.........
Oh.......wait a minute.......I forgot.......he died.


Shocked


Perhaps he was referring to the body in the context of Life?

The body being ''Life''




Either way.......life dies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
aquarius



Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 2408
Location: The united kingdom of heaven

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toombaru wrote:
aquarius wrote:
toombaru wrote:


If UG believes that the body is immortal he should volunteer at the local hospice.........
Oh.......wait a minute.......I forgot.......he died.


Shocked


Perhaps he was referring to the body in the context of Life?

The body being ''Life''




Either way.......life dies.


Maybe, but the mystery life giver doesn't - does it?

The word 'body' is just a manmade meaningless concept.

And yet it is needed as the carrier for life.

That's what U.G meant.
_________________
I love talking about nothing ...
it is the only thing i know anything about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group