awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index awakeningtothedream.com
Non Duality: The one question to all our answers.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

one word phrases
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Libra



Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 518

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: one word phrases Reply with quote

Lookout!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
toombaru



Joined: 10 May 2005
Posts: 5189
Location: There are no locations

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: one word phrases Reply with quote

Libra wrote:
Lookout!



Lookin.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Libra



Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 518

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: one word phrases Reply with quote

toombaru wrote:
Libra wrote:
Lookout!



Lookin.


hey

that's good
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dilaram
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: one word phrases Reply with quote

Shocked Woaw! Surprised
Back to top
aquarius



Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 2408
Location: The united kingdom of heaven

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just g00gled '' one word phrases ''

and this is what jumped out at me _____ >Suspended Animation<
_________________
I love talking about nothing ...
it is the only thing i know anything about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
makara



Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 1341
Location: By the ocean, ready for the big one.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first there was relief at finding a post
not by Dilaram,
or Toombaru
but all I got was "lookout".

Now I'm scared.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dilaram
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

makara wrote:
At first there was relief at finding a post
not by Dilaram,
or Toombaru
but all I got was "lookout".

Now I'm scared.



You seem to have an obsession with antagonism...

but that will pass too in the end...

Perhaps that's 'the reason' why you're here...: to see the futility of wanting to change the world to 'your' ideals...
Back to top
makara



Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 1341
Location: By the ocean, ready for the big one.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
to see the futility of wanting to change the world to 'your' ideals...

A quick look at the authors of recent posts
is strong support that Dilaram is talking about
himself again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dilaram
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

makara wrote:
Quote:
to see the futility of wanting to change the world to 'your' ideals...

A quick look at the authors of recent posts
is strong support that Dilaram is talking about
himself again.



There is only one Self appearing as nearly 7 billion selves.
Back to top
toombaru



Joined: 10 May 2005
Posts: 5189
Location: There are no locations

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dilaram wrote:
makara wrote:
Quote:
to see the futility of wanting to change the world to 'your' ideals...

A quick look at the authors of recent posts
is strong support that Dilaram is talking about
himself again.



There is only one Self appearing as nearly 7 billion selves.



There is no self.....no little s self....no big S Self.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
dilaram
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toombaru wrote:
dilaram wrote:
makara wrote:
Quote:
to see the futility of wanting to change the world to 'your' ideals...

A quick look at the authors of recent posts
is strong support that Dilaram is talking about
himself again.



There is only one Self appearing as nearly 7 billion selves.



There is no self.....no little s self....no big S Self.


Of course.
Back to top
makara



Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 1341
Location: By the ocean, ready for the big one.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There is no self.....no little s self....no big S Self.


Shocked

Perhaps some explanation would be
rather helpful here Toombaru.

I haven't come across this proposition
in any of my readings so am interested
in what you mean.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
toombaru



Joined: 10 May 2005
Posts: 5189
Location: There are no locations

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

makara wrote:
Quote:
There is no self.....no little s self....no big S Self.


Shocked

Perhaps some explanation would be
rather helpful here Toombaru.

I haven't come across this proposition
in any of my readings so am interested
in what you mean.






The I amness emerges concurrently with the conceptual mind of man.
It exists within and is no different than the mind map that is confined to its own personal pseudo-realty.
The sense of being a separate autonomous entity functions to enhance the physical organism's chances to survive and reproduce.
One of its highly evolved functions is to assimilate and organize its perceptual input to create a coherent picture of the world.
It searches for connections and meaning.
It searches for patterns in nature that will help it survive.
It evolved to "look out" but when it "looks in" to search for its own meaning and relevance......it sees nothing.
It must resort to the consensus mythology of its own society.
It assumes that it has its own actual reality
and therefore it must have been created.
And whatever created it.......must be more vast than itself.
Big Self is merely another word for a creator god and fulfills the same function.
It's a easy answer to a question that is founded on a misconception.
There is no self and nothing that created it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
makara



Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 1341
Location: By the ocean, ready for the big one.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok ... that's all clear.

But when a statement is used like:

Quote:
There is only one Self appearing as nearly 7 billion selves.


That is merely the closeset that can
be had with words/concepts.
If it is refuted then we have to refute all words.
Maybe that would be a good thing?
But the (dream) world is the way it is
and it would be (whatever) to remove
languaging.
n'est ce pas?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dilaram
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toombaru wrote:






The I amness emerges concurrently with the conceptual mind of man.
It exists within and is no different than the mind map that is confined to its own personal pseudo-realty.
The sense of being a separate autonomous entity functions to enhance the physical organism's chances to survive and reproduce.
One of its highly evolved functions is to assimilate and organize its perceptual input to create a coherent picture of the world.
It searches for connections and meaning.
It searches for patterns in nature that will help it survive.
It evolved to "look out" but when it "looks in" to search for its own meaning and relevance......it sees nothing.
It must resort to the consensus mythology of its own society.
It assumes that it has its own actual reality
and therefore it must have been created.
And whatever created it.......must be more vast than itself.
Big Self is merely another word for a creator god and fulfills the same function.
It's a easy answer to a question that is founded on a misconception.
There is no self and nothing that created it.


"Nothing" appearing as "everything" yes...
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group