awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index awakeningtothedream.com
Non Duality: The one question to all our answers.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THE BRAIN IS THE SOURCE OF CONSCIOUSNESS.

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
aquarius



Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 2408
Location: The united kingdom of heaven

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: THE BRAIN IS THE SOURCE OF CONSCIOUSNESS. Reply with quote

*THE BRAIN IS THE SOURCE OF CONSCIOUSNESS*

*CONSCIOUSNESS/ACTION EXPLAINED*



'' Consciousness mediates thoughts versus outcomes
And is distributed all over the body—
From the nerve spindles to the spine to the brain—
A way to actionize without moving.

(Quantum consciousness could be behind
The quick collapse of the scenarios of consequences
Into probable/likely actions and/or thoughts.)

When a ‘thought’ finds a solution,
It could just as well be
The nearly instant brute forceness
Of all quantum-type paths being
And evolving in superposition.

When the corpus callosum
Between the brain hemispheres is cut,
Along with some other connecting areas,
To grant relief to those
Having hourly epileptic seizures,
The right and left hand may
Then work in opposition
To each other, neither knowing
What the other is doing.

Sometimes,
One hand will even do something ‘bad’,
Such as choking one’s neck,
But the right hand will come to the rescue,
As in ‘my hand is killing me!’.

There are other examples, too, but, in short,
It is seen that the person now has two minds,
Two consciousnesses, and two selves.

Of course, the brain stem still sends common signals
To both hemispheres and to the visual system
And to some others that still inform both sides.

This shows, yet again,
That the brain is the source
Of consciousness, mind and self.

After death?

The brain dies
And takes consciousness
With it to the grave,
For consciousness is
The brain’s varying analyses
Taking the stage in turn,
And and is not anything
Independent of the brain.

Consciousness is the arena
For the brain’s perception of itself
As coming up with thoughts and feelings
From the memories and associations and all
That that have become us.

A side note is that the brain seeks out all alternatives,
Some becoming conscious and some not,
For it is the prefrontal lobes having to do
With good planning and reasonable behavior
That prune away [bad] alternatives,
As they are seen to be full
Of mostly inhibitory circuits,
Thus giving us a kind of ‘free won’t
That lets the [good] will through.

As for what we are,
Neither you nor I are anything special;
We are just brains having thoughts. ''
_________________
I love talking about nothing ...
it is the only thing i know anything about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aquarius



Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 2408
Location: The united kingdom of heaven

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: THE BRAIN IS THE SOURCE OF CONSCIOUSNESS. Reply with quote

aquarius wrote:



''
That the brain is the source
Of consciousness, mind and self.''



The sages of old and new, say that all is consciousness, and that we are consciousness.

But where did consciousness come from??

Well, it came from the brain, or so i've heard.

So now you know folks, if you've ever wondered from where and how consciousness did originate, the answer is written in the above quote.

It came from the brain, along with the mind and the self, they came from the brain too.


The brain created it all....... Laughing Cool
_________________
I love talking about nothing ...
it is the only thing i know anything about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blossom



Joined: 16 Apr 2010
Posts: 99
Location: Ojai, California

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love our sense of humor Aqua-- Laughing



But, just in case some are confused and believe this absurdity---Let's also make the correct statements:

Consciousness rather than being an epiphenomenon of matter is actually the source of matter.

And that Consciousness is located inside the skull--- The skull is located within Infinite Divine Intelligent Mind.
_________________
What is bound on earth is bound in heaven and what is freed on earth is freed in heaven.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
awakening
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Nov 2005
Posts: 2277

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Blossom

Nice to see you here too.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aquarius



Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 2408
Location: The united kingdom of heaven

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blossom wrote:
Love our sense of humor Aqua-- Laughing



But, just in case some are confused and believe this absurdity---Let's also make the correct statements:

Consciousness rather than being an epiphenomenon of matter is actually the source of matter.

And that Consciousness is located inside the skull--- The skull is located within Infinite Divine Intelligent Mind.


Hey, Blossom, thanks for clearing up some confusion that keeps cropping up in me.

I'm with you here, i prefer your version the best, thanks for dropping by and sharing your superb clarity, your version makes much more sense tanzt


kuessen_sich
_________________
I love talking about nothing ...
it is the only thing i know anything about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aquarius



Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 2408
Location: The united kingdom of heaven

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awakening wrote:
Hi Blossom

Nice to see you here too.



Hi Leo.

You don't happen to know what dark matter / energy is do you ? Wink
_________________
I love talking about nothing ...
it is the only thing i know anything about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blossom



Joined: 16 Apr 2010
Posts: 99
Location: Ojai, California

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah The open window and fresh breeze---quite lovely--and what a gorgeous view-- Thanks Leo


Ok, Aqua, I am glad I cleared that up---Ahhh, because I left out a very important word!!

and I guess I will make things not so clear for you:


---And that Consciousness is NOT located inside the skull--- The skull is located within Infinite Divine Intelligent Mind/Consciousness.

Oh, but I think you already knew that, and Knew that I messed up my writing---

Sometimes I think I am a Dyed Blonde Bimbo Savant---So it seems Shocked


I get over exuberant when I write and then I forget my typing skills are very limited---


Let me say it this way: It is truly liberating when we discover that the mind has escaped the confines of the brain---(acutally was never located there in the first place.)


Keep in Mind that 'things' including time-space are 'made of Information, Light, and are kind of like holographic in nature---it all exists as evidence of Something Real behind it. The body and brain and heart and organs are evidence 'after the Fact' of the Infinite Unseen Light reflecting as 'things'----"things' are made in the image of God. Images, things are the mirror reflection of Something Unknowable that is not created and is Unseen----It is unfathomable when we only use our logic and reason to comprehend---
_________________
What is bound on earth is bound in heaven and what is freed on earth is freed in heaven.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aquarius



Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 2408
Location: The united kingdom of heaven

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blossom wrote:
Ah The open window and fresh breeze---quite lovely--and what a gorgeous view-- Thanks Leo


Yeah, thanks Leo.


Quote:
Ok, Aqua, I am glad I cleared that up---Ahhh, because I left out a very important word!!

and I guess I will make things not so clear for you:


---And that Consciousness is NOT located inside the skull--- The skull is located within Infinite Divine Intelligent Mind/Consciousness.


Gee, Blossom, this is good stuff what you're saying...something clicks here for me, because
of course we cannot locate consciousness inside the skull, that's impossible, consciousness is no-thing, it is no object.

Yet we can locate the skull because we know of it, it is inside our head on the top of our shoulders, we can even point to it with our finger.
What knows this is our conscious memory.... the mind?

Which concludes that the skull is in the conscious mind, and not the mind is in the skull.

So Blossom, the mind is not in the brain, the brain is in the mind.




Quote:
Oh, but I think you already knew that, and Knew that I messed up my writing---

Sometimes I think I am a Dyed Blonde Bimbo Savant---So it seems Shocked


Laughing





Quote:
Let me say it this way: It is truly liberating when we discover that the mind has escaped the confines of the brain---(acutally was never located there in the first place.)


Keep in Mind that 'things' including time-space are 'made of Information, Light, and are kind of like holographic in nature---it all exists as evidence of Something Real behind it. The body and brain and heart and organs are evidence 'after the Fact' of the Infinite Unseen Light reflecting as 'things'----"things' are made in the image of God. Images, things are the mirror reflection of Something Unknowable that is not created and is Unseen----It is unfathomable when we only use our logic and reason to comprehend---


This is how this character aqua is seeing it too, thanks Blossom.
_________________
I love talking about nothing ...
it is the only thing i know anything about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group