awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index awakeningtothedream.com
Non Duality: The one question to all our answers.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nothing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:32 am    Post subject: Nothing Reply with quote

We are all accustomed to believe that everything is made of something. We are taught that matter consists of molecules and that molecules are made of atoms which are themselves made of even smaller components. This line of reasoning makes sense initially but, as seen below, it cannot be sustained.

The notion that matter is made of something quickly leads to an infinite regress. If something is made of other things, what are the other things made of?
And so on, ad infinitum.
We are left with no choice other than to accept the truth that matter is made of nothing.
But how can this be? How can something be made of nothing? What is the logic?

The best way to understand the logic behind an ex-nihilo universe is to use an analogy.
Just as zero is the sum of all positive and negative numbers, nothing is the sum of everything positive and negative.
It sounds absurd but nothing is, in reality, everything. This means that all properties/things must come in complementary/opposite pairs so as to sum up to nothing.
It follows that any imbalance (a non-zero sum) must be corrected so as to conserve nothing.
Change/motion is thus nature's way of correcting a violation of the mother of all conservation principles, the conservation of nothing.
This law is applied universally, i.e., non-locally. The universe is one, as it's name implies.
ANNA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Nothing Reply with quote

aquarius wrote:
We are all accustomed to believe that everything is made of something. We are taught that matter consists of molecules and that molecules are made of atoms which are themselves made of even smaller components. This line of reasoning makes sense initially but, as seen below, it cannot be sustained.

The notion that matter is made of something quickly leads to an infinite regress. If something is made of other things, what are the other things made of?
And so on, ad infinitum.
We are left with no choice other than to accept the truth that matter is made of nothing.

The best way to understand the logic behind an ex-nihilo universe is to use an analogy.
Just as zero is the sum of all positive and negative numbers, nothing is the sum of everything positive and negative.
It sounds absurd but nothing is, in reality, everything. This means that all properties/things must come in complementary/opposite pairs so as to sum up to nothing.
It follows that any imbalance (a non-zero sum) must be corrected so as to conserve nothing.
Change/motion is thus nature's way of correcting a violation of the mother of all conservation principles, the conservation of nothing.
This law is applied universally, i.e., non-locally. The universe is one, as it's name implies.

Interesting concept, aqua.

The statement “This means that all properties/things must come in complementary/opposite pairs so as to sum up to nothing “ somehow reminded me about the dark matter and dark energy.

Sometime ago I have read an article about dark matter, that was explaining it as ‘complementary/opposite pairs’, half in the visible matter, halv in the invisible dark matter, something like that.

I tried to found the article to give you a link, but didn’t found it, just forgot the title.

Anyway, nevermind.

Just a thought.

Smile
aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Nothing Reply with quote

ANNA wrote:
aquarius wrote:

And so on, ad infinitum.

Interesting concept, aqua.

The statement “This means that all properties/things must come in complementary/opposite pairs so as to sum up to nothing “ somehow reminded me about the dark matter and dark energy.

Sometime ago I have read an article about dark matter, that was explaining it as ‘complementary/opposite pairs’, half in the visible matter, halv in the invisible dark matter, something like that.

I tried to found the article to give you a link, but didn’t found it, just forgot the title.

Anyway, nevermind.

Just a thought.

Smile

Thank you Anna for your comments/thoughts.

It's so nice that there is someone else on this forum who also likes to probe the impossible unknowables...Laughing
I'm becoming obsessed with wanting to know everything, especially now we've got the internet.

I think we've always had a lot in common Anna...Smile

I like you Anna...your always up for a bit of fun...Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: