awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index awakeningtothedream.com
Non Duality: The one question to all our answers.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Site is Online
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nemo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: New Site is Online Reply with quote

Greetings and Salutations and Invitations!
I have put up a new web site as Oasis, Resource and Frying Pan for those wishing to make the jump, or who have made the jump and want to chat about how it is on the other side.

www.wakethemup.org

enjoy

Razz

Here's a "teaser":

This part really struck me and seemed to be the pathway into deeper understanding:
“I know that the models/analogies that appeared – the heat rising from the hot ground and the source – witness/consciousness – mind – body arising -- are symbols for something that can’t be understood.” The whole idea of symbols, that’s all we really are! Just symbols, constructs of the mind to enable communication, memory, cataloging.
That statement, as it came and I wrote it: symbols for something that can’t be understood
really threw me – the subtle feeling of having the ground fall out from underneath who I think I as – realizing the ego is nothing at all. No substance,. No meaning, no import, nothing – no thing. Just a symbol in the mind of God (gag). Not EVEN THAT.
There IS NO EGO. AT ALL. Never was. Never could be. All of form and existence is just a series of symbols. There’s definitely something here…I feel the next step coming on….
If no ego, then where do the symbols appear and are understood – convey meaning – to whom, where.
This gets tricky.
If the mind is a symbol, built to understand and create symbols, then does the mind appear as a symbol to itself?

Is that it? The symbols are aware of themselves?
THAT is the emanation/manifestation? Consciousness is just another way of saying that the symbols spontaneously (?) arise/appear and know themselves and their own meaning?

And, of course, all of this is all just symbols - so no one really here, is there? just symbols spontaneously appearing and conveying meaning.

Thought is a symbol – so all concepts are symbols. All perceptions and sensations and emotions are symbols? So…Even the witness and the “experience" of witnessing is a symbol.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Consciousness – the symbols are self-aware.

Of Course - Understanding, the IS, cannot be understood. Symbols appear so that there is the appearance/enabling of an object for “understanding” to happen – or so it seems in… manifestation /duality! That’s what duality is! A way of describing what happens when the understanding understands itself (and/or understanding manifest as the understood???) the understanding and the understood.
Duality – Understanding and the understood! Of course!
And, in Unicity – understanding and the understood are one! You could say the Understood understands itself, but I think that is cheating.
Understanding cannot be understood in Unicity – Understanding just IS (experience just “is”???!!!) so it manifests into dualism to have something to understand (that sounds a lot more “intentional” and “conscious” and way too anthropomorphic, but it works)
And yes, understanding would “feel the same whether there is something to understand or not.” Got it steve – very nice!
(in anthropomorphic terms the understander) and the understood
WHOA…..
But that is not what is happening!
The subject cannot be understood!
Understanding cannot be understood, outside of duality.

In duality, the subject knows the object.
But in Unicity, the subject and object are one.
Experience. Again, in duality, there is an experiencer and experience.
But in Unicity, they are one. The experience, experiences itself! (painter is in the picture)

Now, this has always been there. I have said and read the words. But as long as identification with duality/form was there, true understanding was blocked.
So, enlightenment is liberation from the binds of identification with and even believing in Ego, self, duality. Hence – “Seeing through it – underneath it”
2 Sides of the same coin
And in the middle? between them
Timeless Being
I

wizdumb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: insights Reply with quote

And so...........

it is written.........

therefore..........................

it.....................................

must ................................

BE !

cool site
nemo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you Very Happy

I created it for you and me - enjoy!

"so let it be written, so let it be done" - Ramses (Yul Bryner)
"...Make it so" - Capt. Picard.
Laughing
wizdumb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: ouch Reply with quote

nemo writes:

Quote:
I created it for you and me
sara

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!!('Surprised')

This site is wonderful... way way beyond just fun! It's even in 'my personal toolbar folder'! LOL

There is so much gratitude here!

(Yea to "GO GRATITUDE", Leo!)

And "I" notice with glee it keeps changing and expanding! Yeay!

Thank you so much, nemo, for this re "source"!
Wink Very Happy

(O.k., toombaru...have at it! Razz )

Love,
sara
nemo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're most welcome sara, I'm glad you enjoy it. Have fun

Joe
toombaru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: New Site is Online Reply with quote

nemo wrote:
I have put up a new web site as Oasis, Resource and Frying Pan for those wishing to make the jump, or who have made the jump and want to chat about how it is on the other side.

www.wakethemup.org

enjoy

:P

Here's a "teaser":

This part really struck me and seemed to be the pathway into deeper understanding:
“I know that the models/analogies that appeared – the heat rising from the hot ground and the source – witness/consciousness – mind – body arising -- are symbols for something that can’t be understood.” The whole idea of symbols, that’s all we really are! Just symbols, constructs of the mind to enable communication, memory, cataloging.
That statement, as it came and I wrote it: symbols for something that can’t be understood
really threw me – the subtle feeling of having the ground fall out from underneath who I think I as – realizing the ego is nothing at all. No substance,. No meaning, no import, nothing – no thing. Just a symbol in the mind of God (gag). Not EVEN THAT.
There IS NO EGO. AT ALL. Never was. Never could be. All of form and existence is just a series of symbols. There’s definitely something here…I feel the next step coming on….
If no ego, then where do the symbols appear and are understood – convey meaning – to whom, where.
This gets tricky.
If the mind is a symbol, built to understand and create symbols, then does the mind appear as a symbol to itself?

THAT is the emanation/manifestation? Consciousness is just another way of saying that the symbols spontaneously (?) arise/appear and know themselves and their own meaning?

And, of course, all of this is all just symbols - so no one really here, is there? just symbols spontaneously appearing and conveying meaning.

Thought is a symbol – so all concepts are symbols. All perceptions and sensations and emotions are symbols? So…Even the witness and the “experience" of witnessing is a symbol.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of Course - Understanding, the IS, cannot be understood. Symbols appear so that there is the appearance/enabling of an object for “understanding” to happen – or so it seems in… manifestation /duality! That’s what duality is! A way of describing what happens when the understanding understands itself (and/or understanding manifest as the understood???) the understanding and the understood.
And, in Unicity – understanding and the understood are one! You could say the Understood understands itself, but I think that is cheating.
Understanding cannot be understood in Unicity – Understanding just IS (experience just “is”???!!!) so it manifests into dualism to have something to understand (that sounds a lot more “intentional” and “conscious” and way too anthropomorphic, but it works)
And yes, understanding would “feel the same whether there is something to understand or not.” Got it steve – very nice!
WHOA…..

But in Unicity, they are one. The experience, experiences itself! (painter is in the picture)

Now, this has always been there. I have said and read the words. But as long as identification with duality/form was there, true understanding was blocked.
So, enlightenment is liberation from the binds of identification with and even believing in Ego, self, duality. Hence – “Seeing through it – underneath it”
2 Sides of the same coin
Timeless Being
I

The mind that thinks that it understands......is a mind that thinks that it understands.

It still lives in Samsara........dreaming of Nirvana

There is a land named Samvana.....but no one lives there.

toombaru
toombaru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: New Site is Online Reply with quote

toombaru wrote:
nemo wrote:

www.wakethemup.org

enjoy

Here's a "teaser":

This gets tricky.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOA…..

2 Sides of the same coin
Timeless Being
I

The mind that thinks that it understands......is a mind that thinks that it understands.

toombaru

Everyone thinks they are what they think they are.

toombaru
toombaru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: New Site is Online Reply with quote

toombaru wrote:
toombaru wrote:
nemo wrote:

www.wakethemup.org

enjoy

Razz

Here's a "teaser":

This gets tricky.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOA…..

2 Sides of the same coin
Timeless Being
I

toombaru

toombaru

I hate to be the one to break your little bubble.....but since Leo is far too kind.......I quess it has to be me.

Rolling Eyes

Thinking that thought can somehow connect to 'Reality' via the machinery of thought is a closed loop that initiates a process that only reinforces the illusory reality of the ego.

If you think your are on the 'other side'.............you are still in duality.

Its a very clever little monkey.........and has even better tricks up its sleeve.

toombaru
toombaru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: New Site is Online Reply with quote

toombaru wrote:
toombaru wrote:
toombaru wrote:
nemo wrote:

www.wakethemup.org

enjoy

Here's a "teaser":

This gets tricky.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOA…..

2 Sides of the same coin
Timeless Being
I

toombaru

toombaru

I hate to be the one to break your little bubble.....but since Leo is far too kind.......I quess it has to be me.

:roll:

Thinking that thought can somehow connect to 'Reality' via the machinery of thought is a closed loop that initiates a process that only reinforces the illusory reality of the ego.

Its a very clever little monkey.........and has even better tricks up its sleeve.

toombaru

"S.......s........s...........sooooooo...............wh.....wh....wha.......what....................can we da......da...... doooooo...oooooo?"

You wail.

Old toombaru holds his sides ........and falls over backwards..........laughing.
nemo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well,
"other side" is a metaphor for dis-identifcation with ego. A way of talking about the perspective shift. Of course, there are no "sides". And there is no me and I'm neither here nor there.

"Everyone thinks they are what they think they are. "
Yes, of course, in form as the ego this is true.
That doesn't mean we ARE what we think we are

Thinking that thought can somehow connect to 'Reality' via the machinery of thought is a closed loop that initiates a process that only reinforces the pseudo reality of the ego

Not sure what in the writing led you to this - if you will show me I will look at it in context and respond.
I would say that thought is a projection of the Absolute Reality, created in (by?) the mind and cognized by consciousness and perceived by awareness. Thought and mind do not understand anything.
But this seems awful dry and "theoretical". Self-aware symbols talking to themselves.

What is your experience and understanding? What does this mean for you?

thank you for caring enough to write.

Joe
toombaru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nemo wrote:
well,
"other side" is a metaphor for dis-identifcation with ego. A way of talking about the perspective shift. Of course, there are no "sides". And there is no me and I'm neither here nor there.

"Everyone thinks they are what they think they are. "
Yes, of course, in form as the ego this is true.
That doesn't mean we ARE what we think we are

Thinking that thought can somehow connect to 'Reality' via the machinery of thought is a closed loop that initiates a process that only reinforces the pseudo reality of the ego

Not sure what in the writing led you to this - if you will show me I will look at it in context and respond.
I would say that thought is a projection of the Absolute Reality, created in (by?) the mind and cognized by consciousness and perceived by awareness. Thought and mind do not understand anything.
But this seems awful dry and "theoretical". Self-aware symbols talking to themselves.

What is your experience and understanding? What does this mean for you?

thank you for caring enough to write.

Joe

Any experience or understanding housed within this thought bubble only supports the structure.

There is an awareness that thought cannot think its way out of its self.

Other then that..............there is only a sweet...blissful ignorance.

.....a certain peaceful...........divine duality.

toombaru
wizdumb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Sharing Reply with quote

Quote:
Any experience or understanding housed within this thought bubble only supports the structure.

There is an awareness that thought cannot think its way out of its self.

Other then that..............there is only a sweet...blissful ignorance.

.....a certain peaceful...........divine duality.

Quote:

Quote:
hate to be the one to break your little bubble.....but since Leo is far too kind.......I quess it has to be me.

toombs,

namadru !

such pearls, as always.

I am diving far out beyond shallow waters.

And Bra, " I AM", aware of you. Thanks.

Ed
sara

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pay 'no mind' to the non-entity formerly known as toombaru, nemo.

It's all just 'diss illusion'! Cool

It seems the long-suffering toombaru's work is never done. Crying or Very sad Ah well, no one's gotta do it! Wink

Thanks for nothing, beloved. Very Happy

"such pearls, as always.

I am diving far out beyond shallow waters."

agreed, wizdumb
Very Happy

This is advaita at its most pure non-dual.

BUT WHAT CAN WE DOOOOOO???!!!! Question Wink

Love,
sara
maple3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sara wrote:
Pay 'no mind' to the non-entity formerly known as toombaru, nemo.

It's all just 'diss illusion'! Cool

It seems the long-suffering toombaru's work is never done. Crying or Very sad Ah well, no one's gotta do it! Wink

Thanks for nothing, beloved. Very Happy

"such pearls, as always.

I am diving far out beyond shallow waters."

agreed, wizdumb
Very Happy

This is advaita at its most pure non-dual.

BUT WHAT CAN WE DOOOOOO???!!!! Question Wink

Love,
sara

Ahh... Cool Laughing Wink

Very Happy

Love
Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: