awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index awakeningtothedream.com
Non Duality: The one question to all our answers.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just noticing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimK

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Just noticing Reply with quote

"Just noticing" is a really big deal for me. And by noticing I mean to be aware of thoughts feelings...and now surroundings as much as possible during my waking hours. It's a big deal because for most of my life I've been perceiving all of my senses through a very thick fog. Only in the last few years has the fog appeared to lift...to dissapate. The other day, I noticed I could hold my attention on my surroundings as I walked from one end of my house to the other...I somehow sustained my attention on the moving floor, walls and ceilings and watched these members change shape as I moved by and/or through them. For me...I feel these new awarenesses to be preparatory for awakeening. Since I am able to sustain visual awareness...I am able to sustain and hold in my awareness the question: "Who Am I" for longer periods of time.....just to hold the question in consciousness...without much of an intention to receive an answer. It's a beautiful day in Sedona today...as I notice my eyes leap from the computer screen...to gaze upon a light blue, crystal clear sky...just through a large window. Blessings...Jim.
michael

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Just noticing Reply with quote

jimK wrote:
"... I somehow sustained my attention on the moving floor, walls and ceilings and watched these members change shape...

This is a clear observation... seeing the 'members' change shape.

Now thought cannot know anything of the reality of what is happening or how it is happening, but it can analyse what is known. Indeed, 'what is known' is all that can be analysed.

What is known is that a 'thing' that is a certain fixed size and shape 'in itself', cannot change its shape or size, for then it would not be the thing that it is, but a different thing Cool . Nor can a 'thing' that is small be larger than a 'thing' that is big.. yet see the picture on the home page of this site Shocked

Not only does the image seen constantly change both shape and size - as the perspective changes. Things that are known to be 'small' often appear to be much larger than 'things' known to be 'big'.

This is the definition of 'illusion'... things appearing to change, though they are known to be fixed, things that are known to be small, appearing to be larger than things known to be bigger.

The illusion goes far beyond mere shape. It is a wonder of wonders that the colours seen (in combination with other sensations) appear to be a 'thing' - where there are only constantly changing colours and feelings and sounds and flavours and odours... meaningless in themselves Shocked

Of course a 'definition' is not the reality, it simply makes for meaningful conversation, so the meaning of words is clear from different perspectives Very Happy (And what else is a Forum for but conversation Very Happy )

With the defintion clear, the word then provides an 'unambiguous pointer' to the reality that is being referenced. The word/idea/meaning is not 'it', it simply 'points to 'it'.

The 'illusion' is strongly apparent when riding in a car. In this case, it is very clear that 'vision' is not moving, all that appears to move are the changing shapes that start small and grow in size with increasing speed until they disappear off to the side of the visual field. The smaller the shape the more distant it appears. Yet no thing seen can be further away from nor closer to 'the seeing'.

The image is neither near nor far from 'the seeing'. The image is composed entirely of 'colours' that are one with the seeing.

jimK wrote:
"... as I moved by and/or through them.

See that vision is not in the body. See the apparent body is in the visual field... along with everything else. What is seen of 'the body' (arms legs and torso - but no head Shocked ) is in the visual field. The visual field is not in it (the body).

Of course 'Jim' cannot see this, nor make this 'seeing' happen. Jim is just another idea of who I think I am, while having 'Jim' experiences and 'Jim' thoughts.

Blessings dear One

Love
nemo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimk,

can you tell me what it is you are searching for? trying to achieve?

Joe
toombaru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nemo wrote:
jimk,

can you tell me what it is you are searching for? trying to achieve?

Joe

What good can come when can one illusion (I am) asks another illusion (I am) what it is searching for (which would have to be just another illusion)?

toombaru
nemo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"good"?

bu then again - what can it hurt?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: