awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index awakeningtothedream.com
Non Duality: The one question to all our answers.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Merry Christmas from the South Pacific

Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimK

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Merry Christmas from the South Pacific Reply with quote

Are you up for a journey this Christmas morning?

What about a remote island in the South Pacific...a few hundred meters off shore...and a few hundred meters straight down?

Dark...cold...very still and quiet. A tiny bubble emerges from the sediment and the ooze...it is you!

Examine the bubble...with curiosity and care...

This bubble contains all that you consider yourself to be: thoughts and feelings about your past and future...with belief systems keeping it all tidy and perfectly in place. And then the unconscious...all of your secret fears, musings...tendencies...even aspirations...held together as well by strands and filaments of beliefs yet to be revealed.

How you perceive this little bubble you is contained within. This is the commonly held view...the normal way of considering oneself.

This little trip to the island waters...offers another view...another perspective...an out of bubble view:

See your little bubble self rising a little...off the ocean floor...just beginning to make its ascent....

Zoom out...to see this bubble from some distance. Just rest in this new perspective...just let it be...just let yourself be...even if issues....problems...fears arise...just let them all be...as and within this little bubble you have perceived as you.

Zoom in again...feel your identity from many different locations...then, when you are ready...zoom out again...

Because of just the way we perceive thiings to be, we perceive ouselves typically and usually from the perspective of the bubble only.

And if this appears to be true...let me ask a question.

If I am only this bubble...who is now perceiving it? Who is perceiving all of the myriad notions of who I think and feel I am? So...I see myself as this object...this entity...this being that I have referred to as myself. And I understand this well. Yet who is perceiving this now. Who is observing this tiny me bubble at the bottom of the sea?

Just rest with this question...try not to expect or entertain a particular answer. Just let it Be.

Then...when the timing is right...after you have perceived yourself from this new perscpective...begin to notice a shift in how you are perceiving yourself. You may notice that you are more relaxed...and a little less judgemental about yourself...you may notice some consideration and care arising...almost as if you were embracing yourself. Almost as if you were beginning to show a little compassion for yourself...this little bubble you...on its journey upward...

Yes...upward...this little bubble you is on a journey upward...and it is picking up a little more speed...and as it travels higher...it perceives a few, occassional rays of light that have made their way down...as if to greet you! The water temperature is rising as well...

So back to who or what is obseving all of this. Just return from time to time with this question.

Yes, gently return to the perspective of the Observer of this little bubble you...and how this Observer is perceiving you now with so much care, concern...and compassion....

And how thiis Observer is taking you into its Heart...and how it feels to be held in the Heart...forever held...softly, gently...as the little bubble you continues to ascend...

For a moment...feel yourself to be the Observer...feel the wonder...the infiniite wonder and awe...in receiving the gift of this new perspective...the perspective of Consciousness...the perspective of the Christ...the Divine.

Could it be...could it actually be that you have been perceiving yourself all along from the perspective only of this little bubble you; the observed, if you will.........and Really, in Reality...you were the Observer...the Divine all along?

As you embrace this...this little bubble you, it picks up speed...racing to the top...the surface...the Light...and explodes into the vastness of eternal space and peace!

Why...it only was a thought that I was separate!!...a little thought bubble in the mind of Me...the Christ...the Divine.

Merry Christmas and many blessings! Jim.
jimK

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few comments about "Merry Christmas from the South Pacific". I wrote this because I love to write, there may be some benefit to me in pointing to the Way..or Consciousness...and others, possible "lurkers" on this site, may benefit from a smaller step invitation. Admittedly, this romp to an island with an invitation to an alternate perspective comes from a dualist...comes from within the bubble...within the prison walls...and therefore fundamentally...speculative. My "spiritual" teacher used to refer to the standard perspective for the vast majority of people as the view from the "chicken coop". His approach was to invite a thorough understanding of the chicken coop...i.e.: one way to freedom is to understand complete the extent to which you are bound. His other approach was to invite one to discard "reference points" or belief systems as much as possible. I have been more or less using that approach. My hope and prayer is that myself and others...at the bare minimum, loosen their grip the our standard view of self...and short of Realization...bring compassion in...for ourselves and others...who dare to think outside of the bubble and the box. Love and blessings...Jim.
maple3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and from another curiously bubble-ish IT...

...Merry Christmas and blessings also to you, Jim. Very Happy

Love
toombaru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimK wrote:
A few comments about "Merry Christmas from the South Pacific". I wrote this because I love to write, there may be some benefit to me in pointing to the Way..or Consciousness...and others, possible "lurkers" on this site, may benefit from a smaller step invitation. Admittedly, this romp to an island with an invitation to an alternate perspective comes from a dualist...comes from within the bubble...within the prison walls...and therefore fundamentally...speculative. My "spiritual" teacher used to refer to the standard perspective for the vast majority of people as the view from the "chicken coop". His approach was to invite a thorough understanding of the chicken coop...i.e.: one way to freedom is to understand complete the extent to which you are bound. His other approach was to invite one to discard "reference points" or belief systems as much as possible. I have been more or less using that approach. My hope and prayer is that myself and others...at the bare minimum, loosen their grip the our standard view of self...and short of Realization...bring compassion in...for ourselves and others...who dare to think outside of the bubble and the box. Love and blessings...Jim.

The belief structure that there are 'others' within a bubble or box...........that can somehow benefit themselves through a volitional action....and thereby become more 'compassionate'.........is the mortar within your own very own personal prison walls.

The hope that others will become more compassionate is a fear based.....egoic delusion.

toombaru
jimK

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The belief structure that there are 'others' within a bubble or box...........that can somehow benefit themselves through a volitional action....and thereby become more 'compassionate'.........is the mortar within your own very own personal prison walls.

The hope that others will become more compassionate is a fear based.....egoic delusion.

toombaru[/quote]

So that I and others are part of a belief system...that includes this immaginary prison...and must include any efforts to escape?

Jim
toombaru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimK wrote:

toombaru

So that I and others are part of a belief system...that includes this immaginary prison...and must include any efforts to escape?

Jim[/quote]

The 'I' is the self-referential belief system out of which the apparent otherness emerges....It is the prison that it seeks to escape.

The I of the storm is an emptiness around which the mnemonic debris swirls.

Just as in your dream last night....the people...the buildings.....the mountains..... the whole spatial-temporal emergence shimmers on the pristine screen of awareness........that is your true abode.

toombaru
Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: