awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index awakeningtothedream.com
Non Duality: The one question to all our answers.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Foolishness
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michael

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Foolishness Reply with quote

What foolishness: the thought that "I do not know what he knows".

Greater still: the thought that "I know 'this', that he knows not". Shocked

How foolish to think that anyone is fooled by these foolish thoughts. Rolling Eyes

And yet again: the thought that anyone is thereby fooled... is just a foolish thought. Cool

Enough of foolishness! Very Happy

All that can ever be known is known.

That which knows from this perspective knows from all perspectives.

Love

Last edited by michael on Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
toombaru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Foolishness Reply with quote

michael wrote:

Greater still: the thought that "I know this, that he knows not". :shock:

How foolish to think that anyone is fooled by these foolish thoughts. :roll:

And yet again: the thought that anyone is thereby fooled... is just a foolish thought. 8)

Enough of foolishness. :D

That which knows from this perspective knows from all persepctives.

Love

In a recent experiment, researchers had people place their left hand below a table and placed a rubber look-alike hand in front of them.

The index finger of both the rubber hand and the hidden
hand of the subject were stroked at the same time.

Their mind told the person that the rubber hand was really their own........even though they were aware of what was happening.

toombaru
michael

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you find your mind?

It is not real

Consciousness alone experiences the 'finger trick' - the same that seems to post as toombaru and the same that experiences life from the perspective of 'michael'... the same from all perspectives.

Love
cimages

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Foolishness Reply with quote

michael wrote:

Greater still: the thought that "I know 'this', that he knows not". Shocked

How foolish to think that anyone is fooled by these foolish thoughts. Rolling Eyes

And yet again: the thought that anyone is thereby fooled... is just a foolish thought. Cool
Love

Are not all thoughts foolish by their very nature? To think that any thought that defines this reality & attempts to define that, from which this reality comes could be anything but foolish.

michael wrote:

This expressed quote, from where does this thought originate? Are not all thoughts from one & the same source. If so, then how can one thought be expressed as more foolish than another.

If not for foolish thoughts there would be no game of life, no illusion, no perceived reality.

It is a foolish thought that I think that I could define that from where thoughts originate.

But in my foolishness I will state that once all thoughts cease, everything dissolves.....into what.....nothing? Nothing, is no longer the correct term because there is something.

Stillness, quiet, peace, tranquillity, bliss, awareness, consciousness, presence, eternity?

While all these foolish thoughts of terms attempt to point at it, none of these terms quite do for within the illusion of me there has been a "non" experience like no other.

When for just a moment..a brief moment....in eternity....all thoughts ceased & everything dissolved to reveal that which only foolish thoughts, attempt to describe.

Peace!
michael

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foolishly I say: 'thought' or 'no thought'... it is all the same here Very Happy

Love
toombaru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michael wrote:
Foolishly I say: 'thought' or 'no thought'... it is all the same here :D

Love

The idea that there is a 'here'.....as opposed to a 'there'....is the mother of confusion.

toombaru
cimages

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toombaru wrote:
michael wrote:
Foolishly I say: 'thought' or 'no thought'... it is all the same here Very Happy

Love

The idea that there is a 'here'.....as opposed to a 'there'....is the mother of confusion.

toombaru

That should be the...THE MOTHER OF ALL FOOLISHNESS! Laughing

As we like to say it in the Middle East!

Peace!
michael

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, the idea of 'here' and 'there', is indeed an idea.

The idea that 'here' and 'there' are other than ideas is a confusing idea: it confuses ‘reality’ (that which perceives) with ‘appearance’ (that which is ‘perceived’)… though no one is confounded by knowing this! Confused

Confused?

… not really

In knowing the meaning of words, all that is known is 'meaning'.

All the while that which knows the meaning remains as it is... neither confused nor not confused - simply knowing.

In 'not knowing', everything is known.

Love
sealight

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michael wrote:
Ah yes, the idea of 'here' and 'there', is indeed an idea.

The idea that 'here' and 'there' are other than ideas is a confusing idea: it confuses ‘reality’ (that which perceives) with ‘appearance’ (that which is ‘perceived’)… though no one is confounded by knowing this! Confused

Confused?

… not really

In knowing the meaning of words, all that is known is 'meaning'.

All the while that which knows the meaning remains as it is... neither confused nor not confused - simply knowing.

In 'not knowing', everything is known.

Love

Once again...so clear. surrender to unknowingness, where truth is...always.
Love...

fox

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can you find your mind?

Here it is!
I found it!!

Cool Search and you shall find...!
realeyes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is interesting how we all know by now that that which we seek cannot be found and words are just pointers and we will die from thirst if we think there is any meaning to be found in them. But writing and words still happen as does the rain on my roof and the candle that is flickering yet still on my altar.

There is always the quiet, stillness on which all seems to be overlayed, the words, the dance of thought, the images, the feelings, smells, the crows making their mysterious sounds, and then memory arises with the sound of a hawk soaring, with its searing mating call.....

And we also know there is no enlightenment possible, and no one ever has been enlightened. No one needs to be or can be. But words still flow sometimes don't they. Tears come, joy, fantasies, snow, rain, the sun appears to rise and the waves ebb and flow. Sometimes we walk hand in hand on the beach and sometimes alone. Yearning, receiving, satiated at times, then hungry for intensity. I like strawberries, you like peaches.

There is only totality and there is nothing we can do or think or feel that is not the beloved and yet we will never know this, for we see the limits of knowledge. In the end the mind will always be dissatisfied and frustrated. And that is the beauty of it all. The nature of the mind and thought is complication and ultimate reality is simple and childlike. How do I know this? I do not. Nor do you or will you. In seeing nothing changes. How can it?
sara

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

realeyes.....

breathtakingly beautiful Very Happy

love,
sara
heron

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"There is only totality and there is nothing we can do or think or feel that is not the beloved and yet we will never know this"

.........including, in the totality, the act of not knowing it ?

If there is only the beloved........the totality.......here is no 'separate we'.

Not knowing it is the beloved not knowing that it is itself.

If the appearance of division is only within the dream, then awakening, liberation, or enlightenment from division, also appear to occur only within the dream. It has nothing to do with the beloved being and doing all to itself.............nothing needs to change.

In the act of not knowing it, 'you' are as totally the beloved as when knowing it.
realeyes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no awakening. No one ever has or will. But it is fun to write about, talk about.....be amazed about or frustrated about.

But IT is much simpler than words. Words may be like a wood carver whittling a stick....slowly it gets smaller and smaller.....but he loves the process of whittling. He thinks he is creating something or transforming the wood into a work of art. More and more he works at creating this object he has in his mind. He has a vision of what it will be like when he is finished. Then one day he realizes there is nothing left to whittle. And there is great sadness, then laughter. And it is seen that there in fact was never even a wood carver. Nothing remains and out of nothing everything arises.
heron

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

realeyes wrote:
There is no awakening. No one ever has or will. But it is fun to write about, talk about.....be amazed about or frustrated about.

But IT is much simpler than words. Words may be like a wood carver whittling a stick....slowly it gets smaller and smaller.....but he loves the process of whittling. He thinks he is creating something or transforming the wood into a work of art. More and more he works at creating this object he has in his mind. He has a vision of what it will be like when he is finished. Then one day he realizes there is nothing left to whittle. And there is great sadness, then laughter. And it is seen that there in fact was never even a wood carver. Nothing remains and out of nothing everything arises.

I asked the question as there seemed to be frustration at not knowing as though not knowing was somehow 'outside' of Oneness, or what you call nothing, rather than just simply Oneness arising as not knowing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: