awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index awakeningtothedream.com
Non Duality: The one question to all our answers.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to post an image

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Forum Tips and Suggestions.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
maple3



Joined: 04 Jan 2004
Posts: 1065
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, USA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: How to post an image Reply with quote

jeff wrote:
how do i post (t)his image? on "teachers' topic stream?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Meher_lynott.jpg

To post the image without the rest of the text on the page you have to determine the image's URL by itself (separate from the text). To do that...
  • Move your mouse pointer over the image and right-click.
  • From the menu choose Properties, and that will give you a box showing the image's URL.
  • Copy and paste (or type) that URL into your reply box (it must be exact).
  • Once the URL is in the reply box, select it (highlight it), then click on Img button above the reply box. That will put the URL within image tags. The opening tag [img] will precede the URL and the closing tag [/img] will be at the end of it.


You can also manually type the image tags yourself, but again, they must be exact and in their proper places. In any case it's a good idea to use the Preview button to check things out before you submit your post.

In this particular example, when you've done it correctly the text in your reply box will look like this...
Code:
[img]image URL goes here[/img]

(Okay, I didn't type it in exactly because it very long and would screw up the page margins, so just pretend it's there. Wink),
And that will produce this...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
angela



Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 1078
Location: uk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: How to post an image Reply with quote

maple3 wrote:
jeff wrote:
how do i post (t)his image? on "teachers' topic stream?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Meher_lynott.jpg

To post the image without the rest of the text on the page you have to determine the image's URL by itself (separate from the text). To do that...
  • Move your mouse pointer over the image and right-click.
  • From the menu choose Properties, and that will give you a box showing the image's URL.
  • Copy and paste (or type) that URL into your reply box (it must be exact).
  • Once the URL is in the reply box, select it (highlight it), then click on Img button above the reply box. That will put the URL within image tags. The opening tag [img] will precede the URL and the closing tag [/img] will be at the end of it.


You can also manually type the image tags yourself, but again, they must be exact and in their proper places. In any case it's a good idea to use the Preview button to check things out before you submit your post.

In this particular example, when you've done it correctly the text in your reply box will look like this...
Code:
[img]image URL goes here[/img]

(Okay, I didn't type it in exactly because it very long and would screw up the page margins, so just pretend it's there. Wink),
And that will produce this...


Thanks maple, I also will try to suss it out!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Antonella



Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 232

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: How to post an image Reply with quote

Do you know how to reduce the size of the picture?


Many thanks

A
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
awakening
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Nov 2005
Posts: 2277

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: How to post an image Reply with quote

Antonella wrote:
Do you know how to reduce the size of the picture?


Many thanks

A


Hi Antonella

The size cannot be reduces via the forum options.
All you could do is find a smaller picture on the web,
which will serve your purpose, or you could post the link
so we could click on it to see the picture you want to share.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Antonella



Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 232

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: How to post an image Reply with quote

awakening wrote:
Antonella wrote:
Do you know how to reduce the size of the picture?


Many thanks

A


Hi Antonella

The size cannot be reduces via the forum options.
All you could do is find a smaller picture on the web,
which will serve your purpose, or you could post the link
so we could click on it to see the picture you want to share.


thank you...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Forum Tips and Suggestions. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group