awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index awakeningtothedream.com
Non Duality: The one question to all our answers.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

whateverwillbewillbe
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maple3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject: whateverwillbewillbe Reply with quote

whateverwillbewillbe...

I don't even know how to explain it really... just an acute sense that whateverwillbewillbe... or maybe whateverisis... and wow, it's so damned funny. Laughing

Where the heck did I ever get the idea that "I" was doing anything? Rolling Eyes

Thanks again, Leo. You've been very generous, and such a dear, to offer this site, the newsletters, the books. And thanks for putting up with all the crap too. Very Happy

Love
awakening
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: whateverwillbewillbe Reply with quote

And thank you too Maple for sticking around.
Simple gratitude in spite of no one to thank.
Empty boats, floating with the current;
sometimes they pass.
sometimes they bump into each other
and sometimes they float along gently.
michael

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: whateverwillbewillbe Reply with quote

maple3 wrote:
whateverwillbewillbe...

I don't even know how to explain it really... just an acute sense that whateverwillbewillbe... or maybe whateverisis... and wow, it's so damned funny. Laughing

Where the heck did I ever get the idea that "I" was doing anything? Rolling Eyes

Thanks again, Leo. You've been very generous, and such a dear, to offer this site, the newsletters, the books. And thanks for putting up with all the crap too. Very Happy

Love

How can maple3 talk like this, as if there is someone 'out there' who sees these words and appreciates their meaning and feeling.

How can 'she' do this knowing it is all just a dream. Well of course she cannot help doing it, she is just a character in a play going through the motions, without even knowing it. Crying or Very sad

From any perspective, any person seen is just a dream person, and yet...

Speaking from an apparently human perspective, if I attend a video conference, the image on the screen is just pixels turning on and off, creating an image. Combined with this are sounds created through a speaker. Neither the image nor the sounds are a 'person', and yet I react to them as if there is a person seeing and hearing me. I interact as if the image is 'conscious'.

The reason is because, 'behind' the image, there is a 'real' person (possibly on the other side of the world) that is also seeing an image of 'me' and reacting to it (they too) knowing that a 'real' person is hearing their words and seeing an image of their body on a video screen at the same time.

In this case, there are assumed to be two separate consciousnesses and two separate images appearing at the same time. But it is not the images that make the interaction real, it is the (assumed) consciousnesses behind them.

Now 'what if' by a trick of technology and drugs, it was possible for the same person to see the video conference from both perspectives. First from the perspective of say 'michael', and then from the persepctive of 'maple3'.

To make each interaction appear 'real' (and not just a game... like playing yourself at chess Cool ), it would be necessary to block memory of ever having seen the same video conference from the 'other' perspective.

In this case, the two experiences would have to be 'sequential'.

But this would be impossible to tell at the time of the experience, as the image would be programmed to react in 'real time'... as though responding to the words spoken by the person you seemed to be at that moment... say 'michael' in the first instance, with the image of maple3 seen on the screen.

When later, the same conversation was experienced from the perspective of 'maple3', the image (now the image of 'michael') would again be programmed to respond in real time... as though another person was speaking to you via the video. Again, it would appear no different to a normal video conference.

For this to work, the whole drama would have to be 'pre-programmed', so the words spoken and body language were scripted. Otherwise it would be impossible to see/experience the conversation from both perspectives. The whole trick depends upon hearing and seeing each experience as the complement of the other.

If the words or actions differred from one experience to the other, it would be no different to a normal TV show, where the image is just an image.

It also depends upon 'your normal sense of free-will' being blocked, so it appears that the scripted words are not scripted but are really spoken by 'you'... reacting spontaneously to the conversation.

In this 'mind game', the one person would be the 'consciousness' of both people... though he would not know it at the time, as his memory of the 'other' experience is assumed to be blocked.

Through this trick, it would be as if two separate 'people' hear the conversation and see the image of the 'other' person on the screen, reacting to them, as if, behind the images, there was another real person seeing and hearing... and 'they' would be right. Shocked

What would it matter that it is the same consciousness... except that whatever is said to the 'other', is really said to 'yourself' and heard by your self? For all 'practical purposes', there is conscious awareness of the video conference from both perpsectives...

Advaita, points to 'no one' (consciousness) experiencing apparent life from each and every perspective, wherein no character is real, and none has 'free-will'.

Everything thing seen is in the seeing, not separate. Everything heard is in the hearing, not separate. And so for all the senses and the knowing.

Though, in reality, there are no 'others'... no maple3 or leo or sara or fox or nemo or any other of our friends here, yet 'we' act as if the others really can see and hear and feel and smell and taste and know... and so 'they' do... yet not 'they'... for the same one knows this apparent life from all perspectives. And as one seems to say or do to 'another', it is really said or done to one's self.

This 'experiencing' is neither simultaneous nor consecutive, but is after all 'outside' time. It is not possible to say that the experience of seeming to be maple3 occurs before or after the experience of seeming to be michael, or leo or any other.

And so dear maple3 your well wishes to leo are echoed here... and to all our friends who gather at this 'in' site. Very Happy

Love
michael

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Previous post slightly amended Very Happy

Love
sara

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmmm......Wonderfully lovely and clear, dear heart! Very Happy

Er......I mean:

Excellent presentation, # 1. Cool

Ummm......It's actually more like teleconferencing in this 'site', though. Question

So......

could you maybe edit your post to reflect that? Razz

love,
saraRUN!!!!
maple3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michael wrote:
Previous post slightly amended Very Happy

Aw darn! At it again, eh?

Man, it took me hours to read your post. I would get partway through and start laughing so hard... geez... then I'd have to take a break a start it all over again later.

So... was it meant to be comedy? Laughing

Well, I guess since I couldn't have the million dollars, laughter is the next best thing, right? Laughing

And michael, it just doesn't take much to get you started, does it? All that flowed out just because I can see I'm not really doing anything. Laughing

Good stuff though. Wink Very Happy

Love
michael

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acutally dear maple3, it takes nothing to get me started Very Happy

Love
michael

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'teleconferencing' Rolling Eyes

Aw sara, now you're just making fun of me... Crying or Very sad

Of course, no gets the joke...

And no one always gets a good laugh out of it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Love
sara

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Hi maple3, so gigglingly great to 'see' you again! *HUGE HUG!!!*

Michael, would we ever make fun of you?! Why would source make fun of source? 'Cause it's fun? Wink (Really, though, the 'words' that flow through 'you' from one are amazing and wonderful, way beyond 'words'!!!)

sara wrote:

Ummm......It's actually more like teleconferencing in this 'site', though. Question

So......

could you maybe edit your post to reflect that? Razz

Actually, that was not a totally frivolous remark: a post (a story) about this 'forum', where the dream characters, seeing only squiggles on a glowing screen, sensually feel about in the dark for each other, thus sharpening intuition and creating hilarious comedy, would definitely be a 'best seller'! (It might even find its way to fox's fabulous website!)

And, what is apparently 'unique' about this is, even though there is shameless teasing (ahem Embarassed) and pretending going on all the time (and rollicking laughter! Laughing), it 'means' nothing Razz since there is really none of the yucky 'stickiness' of waiting, seeking, wanting or expecting anything from the one to the one that is the only one here! (ALTHOUGH, according to heron, that would be totally appropriate, too: just one being 'yucky sticky' with itself!) *whew*

Maybe source finds this whole game de'light'fully entertaining, ya 'think'?! Wink Laughing

love,
sarastory
fox

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(It might even find its way to fox's fabulous website!)

Embarassed Thanks for the compliment Sara!

The universe finds its ways
through wondrous and mysterious websites -
like Leo's, Nemo's and mine and myriad of others...

Wink
sara

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fox wrote:

The universe finds its ways
through wondrous and mysterious websites -
like Leo's, Nemo's and mine and myriad of others...

Wink

AMEN!!! Very Happy

And speaking of wondrous websites:

Tony has his first video clip (Intro Video) up on:

www.theopensecret.com

and it's sooooooo good! Shocked

love,
saraswoon
nemo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Sara, great video - I like his voice and face.
maple3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sara wrote:
Hi maple3, so gigglingly great to 'see' you again! *HUGE HUG!!!*

Ah saradelight, great to see you frolicking around too!... Very Happy
...and sweetheart, thanks for nothing! Laughing

And also thanks for the *HUGE HUG*. (Gosh, that felt so darn good! It's so amazingl how you/we/I do that! Wink Very Happy )

sara wrote:
and creating hilarious comedy,

Sooo, I wasn't the only one to think so, eh? Yes, I laughed for hours, and I couldn't even figure out why the heck I was laughing... so then I laughed because I couldn't figure out why I was laughing. Laughing

...ah, just michael writing his usual lovely non-sense, er...comedy. Wink Very Happy

Love
michael

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The divine comedy... Very Happy

Of course Dante said it before me...

Well actually it was 'me' that said it... (though I thought Dante was me at the time) Cool

It is always me saying it... and always the same that hears it.

Hmmm... really no me (eh nemo), just hearing...

Who hears... no one of course. Shocked

What a laugh Very Happy

Love
sara

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maple3 wrote:
[snip] I'm not really doing anything
Laughing

Sorry, darlin',...lotta snipping there, but this is what stood out for me! Whenever it really hits that there isn't anything I can do about anything, since I don't exist, there's such a huge sense of relief and freedom.

While I was reading 'already awake', there was this 'relief' sensation and I was so overcome by gratitude that I actually called nathan and mentioned that I was experiencing a certain 'ease'. He laughed and said that that could be another 'trap'; just one pretending to experience 'ease'.

Perhaps if I were to talk with him now, he would say,"Ah, 'pretending'! There is no pretending. That's just oneness pretending to pretend."

And shlooop! Down down into the rabbit hole 'I' go again!

Back when I 'thought' I had a life, while studying physics, especially quantum mechanics, etc., all of us in the physics club found ourselves, without meaning to, slammed up against the concept of non-duality (which we thought was pretty cool, even though most of the profs ridiculed us) when our studies reached a point where we could no longer wrap our 'minds' around the science and it all devolved into dry mathematical symbols. 'In fact', that which can be expressed in 'words' is a very tiny tip of the iceburg, and 'useless' in scientific terms. The more we tried to 'understand' it with our 'minds', the more it "slips slides away."

QM at its core shows that everything is just 'energy' and so does non-duality. So....we were used to the very weird, but non-duality Shocked, where were we?......*sigh*. And yet, because it is beyond the mind (& symbols), it's wondrously simple, ordinary and alive, but not for us! There is only this endless energy field. (There is no endless energy field. This is just oneness endlessly energy fielding!)

So all that just to say that, if only we in the physics club existed, I think that we might have actually finally discovered the "Unified Field Theory" at the bottom of the rabbit hole.

Have you seen "What the bleep do we know?" I haven't yet, but I saw the trailer and I might watch it when it comes out on DVD. It seems to have gotten very mixed reviews! Wink

love,
sara*sigh*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: