awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index awakeningtothedream.com
Non Duality: The one question to all our answers.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking beyond
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awakening
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nemo wrote:
it's a real illusion.

.and an illusory reality Very Happy
michael

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awakening wrote:
Michael, your playfulness with words is appreciated. What my post wanted to say is that explaining does not really explain anything, yet it is possible to ‘know’ what is meant. Just like a joke may make you laugh without ever ‘explaining’ what humor is. Here it is understood that your post –as well as the ‘first there is a mountain’ pointer- is all about mountains and yet it is not about mountains at all.

When you say “What I see is infinitely variable.” I could jump on that sentence and say: “There is only seeing and no ‘I’ doing the seeing.” This is what is known as the ‘Advaita Police, or the ‘stink of Zen.’ And god knows that I sometimes were that uniform and aftershave too… Rolling Eyes

Certainly, when you would post a question in which you say something like “Who is it that sees?” then it could be a valid response, but to ‘lift’ this sentence out of what you say now, does not seem very constructive. (Sirens go of, blue flashing lights approaching …. Nothing to construct…no one to be constructive….it is as it is…. )

I enjoy the poetic expressions lately in the forum, and sometimes I enjoy saying “I enjoy.” And sometimes I enjoy saying “Presence appearing as enjoyment.”

Just the simplicity of This, and yet the unspeakable Mystery present prior to anything any one can say. ‘Angels on wings of thought’ and ‘Slow moving earth waves’ all welcome and treasured …. And then there always is the implicit understanding that the page under the words says it more clearly then any concept; suddenly there is the not-knowing smile, and a wink…shared here with my Self. Do I hear the words Neti Neti?

Wink

For such it seems I keep visiting this small oasis in the ocean of self... enjoying good company, in the company of no one

Love
heron

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nemo wrote:
it's a real illusion.

What is ?
heron

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is meant in this story by illusion is the dream of separation that all is............the appearance in all its forms.

Nothing excluded and no exceptions including this post or other dreams purporting to be pointers, known, understood, conceptualized, or self evident............stinking or sweet smelling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: