awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index awakeningtothedream.com
Non Duality: The one question to all our answers.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the mechanic

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Poetry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jeff j



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 2822

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: the mechanic Reply with quote

at the golf course, where i work,
we have a mechanic who maintains
and repairs all the machines..
lately he has been angry, bitter, sarcastic,
most of the equipment is old
and something is always in need of doing, it's endless,
this mechanic's view on life, lately, is a bit off,
a bit dark, and we've just learned that
his wife is fighting an apparently losing
battle with cancer...
i walked in on him a few days back,
the work was piled up around him,
and with head hanging down he said, & so i could clearly hear,
"why is it i always find myself surrounded by broken things?"
_________________
be yourself, the real fictional character?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
awakening
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Nov 2005
Posts: 2277

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: the mechanic Reply with quote

jeff wrote:
at the golf course, where i work,
we have a mechanic who maintains
and repairs all the machines..
lately he has been angry, bitter, sarcastic,
most of the equipment is old
and something is always in need of doing, it's endless,
this mechanic's view on life, lately, is a bit off,
a bit dark, and we've just learned that
his wife is fighting an apparently losing
battle with cancer...
i walked in on him a few days back,
the work was piled up around him,
and with head hanging down he said, & so i could clearly hear,
"why is it i always find myself surrounded by broken things?"


Ahh.. such bitter sweetness
emanating from
and touching
this heart
that reads those
words.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aquarius



Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 2408
Location: The united kingdom of heaven

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed reading 'The Mechanic' jeff.
Thank-you for sharing such a poignant
story of the human condition.

Words fail to offer comfort sometimes,
except empathy perhaps.



love
aqua.
_________________
I love talking about nothing ...
it is the only thing i know anything about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jeff j



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 2822

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting how in a time where
friendship might be comforting,
he, the one in pain / denial
pushes everyone away and isolates himself,
i guess that's what pain can do,
& someone has to be courageous (or foolish)
to approach someone who's in pain...
courageous, or have the heart to not take
any of it personally,
and that's probably a good habit (agreement) anyway Laughing
_________________
be yourself, the real fictional character?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aquarius



Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 2408
Location: The united kingdom of heaven

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is my assumption that when we are in pain or distress,
we enter another very profound private state of awareness,
just ask any woman in the throes of very active labour pains,
our inner instinct is to withdraw amid good intentions
from our friends and relatives, personally I think we
sub-consciously choose our dying time, although this
obviously would be quite a controversial idea in most minds,
but animals for example when they are in pain or dying
they tend to hide and isolate themselves in much the same
way as we do, there is very little difference in that behaviour,
we can offer comfort to an old dying beloved pet cat,
but she will most likely just want to hide behind the sofa,
wanting to be left alone.

love & compassion
aqua
_________________
I love talking about nothing ...
it is the only thing i know anything about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
michael



Joined: 18 Oct 2003
Posts: 3816
Location: Melbourne, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my 84 year old father has been fighting fit all his life
still going to the gym with my mother 3 days a week...

until 6 days ago, when he went in for an minor operation
(which went well)...
but following the surgery he became violently ill eating nothing and after about 4 days it appeared as if he may die...

as it turned out, his sodium levels had dropped and once put on a salt
drip he is again stable
but it has shaken him
he is feeling frail as he has never done in his life
to day he hugged me as if he would not be around much longer
and wanted to talk about his death... no funeral... no words
just his family throwing his ashes in the sea

he kissed me goodbye and held me for a long time...
I held him silently...

the heart feels...

Love
_________________
From Source to Source: an Endless Spring
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ANNA



Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Posts: 4093

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michael wrote:
my 84 year old father has been fighting fit all his life
still going to the gym with my mother 3 days a week...

until 6 days ago, when he went in for an minor operation
(which went well)...
but following the surgery he became violently ill eating nothing and after about 4 days it appeared as if he may die...

as it turned out, his sodium levels had dropped and once put on a salt
drip he is again stable
but it has shaken him
he is feeling frail as he has never done in his life
to day he hugged me as if he would not be around much longer
and wanted to talk about his death... no funeral... no words
just his family throwing his ashes in the sea

he kissed me goodbye and held me for a long time...
I held him silently...

the heart feels...

Love



...yes, michael,

the heart feels
and knows...

Love and Compassion

.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sara



Joined: 21 Aug 2005
Posts: 903
Location: below sea level

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANNA wrote:

...yes, michael,

the heart feels
and knows...

Love and Compassion

.


.

Love
_________________
There is only Love
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jeff j



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 2822

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"no words
just his family throwing his ashes in the sea "
an image, a gesture, beautiful beyond any words
_________________
be yourself, the real fictional character?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maple3



Joined: 04 Jan 2004
Posts: 1065
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, USA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the mechanic's wife
sees her reflection
suffers the gradual loss
of her health
and her life...

the mechanic
sees his reflection
suffers the gradual loss
of his wife's health
of his wife's life...

the mechanic's co-worker
sees his reflection
suffers the loss
of his co-worker's emotional peace
and is at a "loss"
as to how to help...

the members of this forum
see our reflections
suffer the loss
of the mechanic's co-worker's peace
at not being allowed to help
at not being able to help
when all is lost...

we don't all know
the mechanic
or his wife
and we can't all always help
but somehow...

miraculously...

we create a chain of
empathy
sympathy
compassion
sharing
caring
understanding
reflections
knowing
for unknown known sufferers
of loss...


~ ~ ~

my 75-year old father
is also just back from the hospital
a passionate and fiercely tenacious man
who sees his reflection
and now contemplates
his own stark frailty
his mortality
(and a very tenacious cancer)...

He was/is a long way from being a perfect father
But there were lots of hugs
and gentle touches
and quiet walks down memory lane...

it felt like the beginning
of bitter-sweet goodbyes
of fond and cherished remembrances...

and I saw my own
reflection...

yet again...


Strangers passing in the street
by chance two separate glances meet
And I am you and what I see is me.
And do I take you by the hand,
And lead you through the land?
Then help me understand the best I can.

~~ Pink Floyd, from the song "Echoes"



Love
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
michael



Joined: 18 Oct 2003
Posts: 3816
Location: Melbourne, Australia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maple3 wrote:
the mechanic's wife
sees her reflection
suffers the gradual loss
of her health
and her life...

the mechanic
sees his reflection
suffers the gradual loss
of his wife's health
of his wife's life...

the mechanic's co-worker
sees his reflection
suffers the loss
of his co-worker's emotional peace
and is at a "loss"
as to how to help...

the members of this forum
see our reflections
suffer the loss
of the mechanic's co-worker's peace
at not being allowed to help
at not being able to help
when all is lost...

we don't all know
the mechanic
or his wife
and we can't all always help
but somehow...

miraculously...

we create a chain of
empathy
sympathy
compassion
sharing
caring
understanding
reflections
knowing
for unknown known sufferers
of loss...


~ ~ ~

my 75-year old father
is also just back from the hospital
a passionate and fiercely tenacious man
who sees his reflection
and now contemplates
his own stark frailty
his mortality
(and a very tenacious cancer)...

He was/is a long way from being a perfect father
But there were lots of hugs
and gentle touches
and quiet walks down memory lane...

it felt like the beginning
of bitter-sweet goodbyes
of fond and cherished remembrances...

and I saw my own
reflection...

yet again...


Strangers passing in the street
by chance two separate glances meet
And I am you and what I see is me.
And do I take you by the hand,
And lead you through the land?
Then help me understand the best I can.

~~ Pink Floyd, from the song "Echoes"



Love


reflections
of
the
heart....

Love
_________________
From Source to Source: an Endless Spring
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jeff j



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 2822

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surrounded by broken things,
upon reflection i accept that
i am also surrounded by whole things,
i cannot fix all that's broken,
i cannot break all that is whole,
so i look all around and the whole and the broken blend,
the edges blur, there is balance and perfection,
and i'm left, once again
with nothing to do,
or as leo likes to sing
Let it be Very Happy
_________________
be yourself, the real fictional character?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
meL
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She doesnt promise
You a rose garden.

there is no knowledge ... except for that on demand stuff

there is no time ... except for that on demand stuff

there is no death ... except for that filthy word

Cool
Back to top
meL
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard It In a Love Song

Carolina Dreams




She Sings

whoz next

?
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Poetry All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group