awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index awakeningtothedream.com
Non Duality: The one question to all our answers.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hay Haiku of the Day (Relative Thought)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Poetry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WITruth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Hay Haiku of the Day (Relative Thought) Reply with quote

Hi, Leo! Long time no see! This appeared on today's blogs -- let me know what you think/don't think! Rich Very Happy

[Rich Note: Companion image can be viewed at rfhay333.gather.com or myspace.com/rfhay333.]

(Hooded Cobra Photograph)

Egyptian Cobra (c) 2005 Laura Schirmacher; A wonderful picture of an Egyption Cobra taken in 2005 by Laura Schirmacher and obtained on no gosxc.hu/ -- Thank You Laura! (you have more nerve than I); Companion haiku: A venomous snake In the midst of a strike that I treat as a friend.

One who entertains
A carnal state of mind is
Sleeping with a snake.

Watch each negative
Thought as if it were a snake
Because that's what it is.

Self-centered thinking
Is a venomous snake that
We think is our friend.

"Ego's a deadly
Snake in the midst of a strike
I think of as "me."

Feeling "I am the
Doer" means "a fatal bite"
By an "ego snake."

[Rich Note: The first of these appears in Out of My Mind and Back to My Senses; the others were written over the last few days.]

[Rich Note: Paraphrasing J. Krishnamurti, a wonderful way to achieve an extremely alert (and unitary) state of mind and consciousness (re: complete "present-minded awareness," "single-pointedness of mind," and/or "100% mindfulness of the moment") would be to lock oneself in a room with a poisonous snake and turn out the lights – something we have already done spiritually, but do not realize we have.]

[Rich Note: Biblically speaking, the admonitions these metaphoric haiku convey can be summed up by the following verse: "Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God*, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ" 2Cor 10:5.]

[Rich Note*: For "non-dual purists":

God is the "Aware
Presence I Am" more or less
Conscious of Being.]

(C) 2007 RFHay
awakening
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rich

Long time indeed
and nice to see you again.

What 'me' thinks?
Me think there is no 'me' to think, Very Happy
just self arising thought,
including the thought
that some thoughts
are negative or venomous.

No 'me' to be a doer
so no 'me' to keep an eye
on those 'negative' thoughts.

No body home Very Happy

jeff j

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Hay Haiku of the Day (Relative Thought) Reply with quote

WITruth wrote:

One who entertains
A carnal state of mind is
Sleeping with a snake.

Watch each negative
Thought as if it were a snake
Because that's what it is.

Self-centered thinking
Is a venomous snake that
We think is our friend.

"Ego's a deadly
Snake in the midst of a strike
I think of as "me."

Feeling "I am the
Doer" means "a fatal bite"
By an "ego snake."

: (C) 2007 RFHay

"I am the Doer"
a two-headed snake*,
ego is the tale Laughing

*that's a head on each end
WITruth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: From the "I That I Am" and/or the "I that I t Reply with quote

When I realize "I
Am" Absolutely Nothing
"I AM Home Free!"

Well, I see Nothing much has change Leo -- Samo, Samo -- as It should Be, I imagine.

As such, it would seem that the "one that I am not" is back for another round of "testing" by the "One That I AM."

In this regard, and since All of Us "Self-Reflected Images" here (we are using differentiating names aren't we for purposes of this "imaginary conversation" -- imaginary at least from the Ground of the Absolute Awareness that is well beyond even the Consciousness you speak from) have the audacity to attempt to chat about (or even point to) that Unspeakable or Unsayable, I still find, verbalizations such as "there is no me" misleading to One still subject to the "delusion of self-existence" (of Being Other than I AM).

For "I" as "I AM," as the "Whole Ball of Wax" do exist, it is only "I" as "I think I am" that does not (and that only by Absolute Standards). Thus, the problem (from the perspective of One still thinking of Himself as other than I AM) is one of Self-Definition or Identity (as it always has and will be).

In other word, you still offer no "middle" ground or bridge (even if it is to No-where/Now Here and for No One or No Body) as it would seem I Am called to "do/be/do" -- a complaint still unresolved from our last “tete-a-tete” three years ago that might/might not be worth revisiting/reviewing.

Anyway, is not the "Me" that "you claim I am not" not really the "Me that I AM?" (as You obviously know It Is). If so, are you not, by differentiating between the two (the me and not me), as replying to one of your own self-imagined illusions implies, not also "verbally violating the tenets of the pure non-dualism" you seem to hold so sacrosanct? Then again, you could be doing it just for the "fun" (or hell) of it, as I (the not me) suspects you are.

As a bit of an aside, but not really, Charlie Hayes, who you probably know, called the following "non-haiku" "Spiritual BS" (or something to that effect) upon first reading. I would be interested in knowing what you /not you, think /don't think about it:

Mind stayed upon God as
The Aware-Presence I AM
Restores Paradise (or Consciousness).

Good to Be in the Same Conscious Field of Awareness with You Again (I think/don’t think) -- Rich/Not Rich

PS: Any other "Me/Not Me" out there who might like to see some similar "bridging" pointers (with companion pictures) can check them/or not check them out at myspace.com/rfhay333. (So much for the blantant promo.)
jeff j

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Mind stayed upon God as
The Aware-Presence I AM
Restores Paradise (or Consciousness)."

charlie was wrong to call this spiritual BS,
his statement aims at some possible meaning,
where there is none to be found...

the rhythm of the thing is very nice...
Very Happy
WITruth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Personless Meaning Reply with quote

Beautiful, and still very interesting, all at the same time, Jeff.

You put that extremely well; so well, in fact, that I intend to use your "no-meaning" (and no person or personality, expressed or implied) criteria when I post here (or at least use your discernent to fine tune my own, in that regard).

Let's see if I'm on track with what you were referring to:

Centered in the One
Abiding in the Balance
Mindful of the Light.

Your, "two headed snake" (the "little One" -- reflected -- and the "Big One") was also interesting in that I did a blog the other day that involved the following partial note (which is obviously full of meaning, but hopefully deep enough to still be a good pointer): [Rich Note:

"...This "abstact drawing" was originally inspired by the mythical snake, Ouroboros, (see wikipedia for details)) that bites its tail and, thereby, forms a perfect circle (the symbol for Eternity). It also has some correlation with a paper circle twisted 180 degrees to form both a "mobius strip" and an "infinity sign."

How bout these two, for a second and third "no-meaning" check:

This Present Moment
Awareness knows Sensation
Consciousness is Born.

Being here and now
Still and silent as I Am
Beyond conception.

And another, from this morning:

Pure Love of Being
Consciously Aware is the
Motive force of All.

Being here and now
Still and silent as I Am
Beyond conception.

PS: Leo has seen some of these and some are habrids.

Pleased to meet you/me...rich
jeff j

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Personless Meaning Reply with quote

WITruth wrote:

"no-meaning" check:

Centered in the One
Abiding in the Balance
Mindful of the Light.

This Present Moment
Awareness knows Sensation
Consciousness is Born.

Pure Love of Being
Consciously Aware is the
Motive force of All.

Being here and now
Still and silent as I Am
Beyond conception.

by no meaning,
i mean;
the path(s) may lead to meaninglessness
but the path itself is full of meaning,
it's where the meaning is found,

so the question is:
what do all these (haiku) mean to you...
boiling it all down to it's essence
is beautiful...
i like what you're doing,
14 syllables may be too many
for where you're headed...

or not enough,
from you to you
Laughing 2 Laughing :
WITruth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Trans-Conceptual Meaninglessness Reply with quote

You do have a "way with words," Jeff -- "spot on" as the Brits used to say.

The "syllables" are something used to enforce self-discipline on the part of the "imaginary vessel" (contraction in the Consiousness I Am) through which the "insights" flow.

One (word or syllable) will probably be "too many" where I/We All always already Are -- but it is the "Joy of the Journey" that fires our trip to the Place we never left (except in our minds/imaginations)

As to what the "haiku mean to me" -- the pure joy of "getting out of my own way," "letting the flow go" and riding the "crest of the creative wave" so implied.

"I" (both I as I think and I as I Am) absolutely love the "Eureka" of catching a divine insigt in the mental mirror (re-awakening to something I not only always knew, but am) and then allowing that self-same Insight (into the Nature of Being) to express itself as it wishes through this "Divine Focal Point" posing as Rich Hay.

Ultimately, I (from both a personal and universal perspective) love playing with words (and I wonder where that love originates), my Friend.

Pure Love of Being
Consciously Aware is the
Motive Force of All.

"I and I" (as B Dylan once Sang)...Rich
jeff j

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Trans-Conceptual Meaninglessness Reply with quote

WITruth wrote:
You do have a "way with words,"
------
Ultimately, I (from both a personal and universal perspective) love playing with words (and I wonder where that love originates), my Friend.
------
Pure Love of Being
Consciously Aware is the
Motive Force of All.

"I and I" (as B Dylan once Sang)...Rich

beautiful, Rich,
thank you...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Poetry All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: