awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index awakeningtothedream.com
Non Duality: The one question to all our answers.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About quote boxes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Forum Tips and Suggestions.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awakening
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: About quote boxes Reply with quote

When quote boxes within boxes, within boxes...... are repeated and repeated, they take up more and more space on the server's hard disk. Please only keep the portion of the quote you're responding to and delete the rest.
Code:
As long as you open a quote box with [quote] and end it with [/quote]
it will appear properly.

See, when using the 'quoted' part of the above text in this posting, it will appear like this:

Quote:
and end it with
angela

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: About quote boxes Reply with quote

awakening wrote:
Please only keep the portion of the quote you're responding to and delete the rest.

OK, your wish is my command, Very Happy
maple3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: About quote boxes Reply with quote

awakening wrote:
Please only keep the portion of the quote you're responding to and delete the rest.

Yes Leo, a very good tip/suggestion. And besides the problem of taking up space on the server, I actually bypass posts/threads like that, because it seems like too much clutter, and interferes with my being able to follow the discussion.
Kali

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: About quote boxes Reply with quote

maple3 wrote:
awakening wrote:

Yes Leo, a very good tip/suggestion. And besides the problem of taking up space on the server, I actually bypass posts/threads like that, because it seems like too much clutter, and interferes with my being able to follow the discussion.

How do you post several clips from different previous threads? Or how do you break one large quote down in small chunks to which I can give replies on the same post?

Many thanks

Kali
awakening
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: About quote boxes Reply with quote

Kali wrote:
maple3 wrote:
awakening wrote:

How do you post several clips from different previous threads? Or how do you break one large quote down in small chunks to which I can give replies on the same post?

Many thanks

Kali

Hi Kali

Welcome to the forum.

When you respond to a post by clicking on the 'quote' button in the top right corner the whole posting will be quoted.

When you do that you will get an editable text box where you can experiment a bit. Also above the text box you will see some buttons to play with. You can use the 'preview' button under that box to see how you're doing.

Basically the code for quotes looks like this:

Code:
[quote="Kali"]text [/quote]

And will appear as:

Kali wrote:
text

Hope this helps.

Tyler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: About quote boxes Reply with quote

awakening wrote:

Hope this helps.

Yes. Many Thanks. Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Forum Tips and Suggestions. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: