awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index awakeningtothedream.com
Non Duality: The one question to all our answers.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Start:April 2010
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream
View previous topic :: View next topic  
makara

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: New Start:April 2010 Reply with quote

Leo re-opened this forum - whether the various expressions of the ONE return reamains to be seen.

Language is a constant headache in attempting to express in a manner consistent with ONE-ness so for this thread the invitation is to speak/write ordinarily - that includes using personal pronouns if that's how the thinking flows.

I've been reading the first book (of Leo's) and now the Self to Self exploration of various quesitions and oh - there is much empathy with so many of the questions.
For example my being is alone and while not lonely as such it would be nice to have a like mind to spend a little time with now and again.
There is no-one to talk with as this material is too difficult and would lead to being committed if one went out preaching (ha ha).

That's it ... an invitation to return - not so much to wrestle with the 'unspeakable/indefinable/All That IS' but to hang out and share the day to day experiences that arise in appearances.

Here's a little poem:
I am you and you are me,
there's no-one else to be you see;
so it matters not when called for tea
who's called, be it me or thee.

with love and companionship
ne0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now then, let's celebrate! Razz
aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Leo, thanks for reopening the forum again... how cool is this.

Have you been pining, missing us?

I've spent a lot of my time, reading at this site, almost everyday in fact, since it closed down, thanks for leaving it on air.
I thought it might one day disappear, but it never did, thank goodness.
It's really good news that the forum has reopened.

Hope toombaru comes back.
ne0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What have you been drinking, TheFooL?
makara

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleased that the word is getting around and there are other expressions of ONE which want to come to the sharing place of this forum.
This one lives alone and doesn't have other like minds about so there has been no sharing ... that's ok but somehow as long as the mammalian body exists there is a herding instinct of sorts, a desire to share with other the experiences of getting beyond mind and its seemingly inexhaustable game playing.
Would enjoy reading some variations on 'attending to presense' ...
the advise given by Tolle apparently to 'feel' the inside of the body as a 'spaciousness' seems to work well for this one but no doubt there are other ways to sense presense ... perhaps in the spaciousness of the sky or in silences - the aural spaciousness so to speak. So feel invited to share what experience arises.

Heard a joke yesterday on the TV (a stand up comedy show):
If you don't know what a glory hole is
then you probably shouldn't look into it.!
aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

makara wrote:
Pleased that the word is getting around and there are other expressions of ONE which want to come to the sharing place of this forum.

Hello makara ...Yes, it's nice to share.

Quote:
This one lives alone and doesn't have other like minds about so there has been no sharing ...

We're all alone, and that's what we fear, until we wake up to the truth... lol

Once we wake up to the truth, the imaginary fear of apparent aloneness dissipates, as the mirror of truth surrounds us in every direction.
We all want to share, if we didn't, none of this play of consciousness would be happening, relatively speaking.

Quote:
that's ok but somehow as long as the mammalian body exists there is a herding instinct of sorts, a desire to share with other the experiences of getting beyond mind and its seemingly inexhaustable game playing.

Brahman, got lonely so it invented a mirror.... now, it can't get enough of itself..Wink

Quote:
Would enjoy reading some variations on 'attending to presense' ...
the advise given by Tolle apparently to 'feel' the inside of the body as a 'spaciousness' seems to work well for this one but no doubt there are other ways to sense presense ... perhaps in the spaciousness of the sky or in silences - the aural spaciousness so to speak. So feel invited to share what experience arises.

My sharing feeling of presence:

Reading the works of people such as Leo Hartong: Jan Kersshot: Tony parsons: to name but a few:
has changed how i view life and the world, for the better.
I've become indebted to these writers, because, my now understanding of reality has moved me into a place of constant rest/bliss.

And although,my body is apparently here, it just feels like it's functioning on automatic pilot, rather than the 'me' doing life, i've now realized, that life is doing 'me'
and that the 'me' that i thought was 'me' is just floating around outside of my body observing it...although, the mind and matter are really one.
It does kinda take the pressure off my assumed life a lot.
I'm now aware that i am the ''space'' for myself, and not the actual self.

Quote:
Heard a joke yesterday on the TV (a stand up comedy show):
If you don't know what a glory hole is
then you probably shouldn't look into it.!

What is a glory hole anyway?? Wink
phil

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And although,my body is apparently here, it just feels like it's functioning on automatic pilot, rather than the 'me' doing life, i've now realized, that life is doing 'me'
and that the 'me' that i thought was 'me' is just floating around outside of my body observing it...although, the mind and matter are really one.

Wow. That sounds cool, my old friend. Cool

Nothing used to work, and I didn't know why. Now everything works and I don't care why.

Is that the same? I neither know nor care. That seems to work. Laughing

Quote:
What have you been drinking, TheFooL?

By the way, I think theFool used to be called meL. Have his posts just been deleted?

Phil
makara

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Aquarius. You wrote:
Quote:
Reading the works of people such as ...
Yes, lots of reading here too ... same material. Look forward to that time of day when I can get on the computer and read ... BUT ... this is all still in the head, all intellectual and it doesn't seem possible to not want to take it beyond the mind ... into direct perception/realisation. So sometimes this one is a touch wary of more mind stuff.
Quote:
We're all alone
True - in this case there is living alone,
no work so alone all day, no social life so alone full stop Smile As said that's ok but can't chuck off a life-times conditioning overnight so the 'mammal' (body/mind) retains a desire for company, cuppa shared, etc.
Quote:
What is a glory hole anyway?
As Leo points out in his bk a joke is not so good when it's explained - a 'glory hole' is a hole in the wall (usually) in a public toilet between cubicles. Gay men use it. One sticks his dick into the hole and a stranger on the other side pleasures it! ...sorry you asked?

Hello Phil. you wrote:
Quote:
Nothing used to work, and I didn't know why. Now everything works and I don't care why.

While I have 'believed' for many years that there is only ONE BEING in the universe the detail of this Advaita understanding is relatively new. So 'I' would love to hear from 'you' (and Aquarius inter alia) about teh arising of 'everything working'. Here there is still a lot of mental stuff ... and a life time of habit with all its persistence. Did 'you' have that in the early period? Did it fall away in any noticable way?
In response to Q 48 (Self to Self) Leo says:

Quote:
"Surrender to everything .... The apparent path of knowledge (Jnana) has brought 'you' to the edge. Why not jump from this edge ... and say to the ONE, "Do with me as Thou willeth' ....
Great willingnes here to 'jump' but the old problem ... there's no one to jump, no one to surrender ... 'I" get really caught up in these examples because the way that language works demands that there is 'someone' to do these activities. Can Awareness 'jump' away from Awareness? Can Presense surrender to Presense? Oh the games this mind runs with.

Joke: couple at breakfast .... she: "says here (in paper) that people who don't drink live longer." He: "serves 'em right!"
makara

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

post script: 137 views to date on this thread. Marvellous ... more roles returning to the forum.
aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

"Surrender to everything .... The apparent path of knowledge (Jnana) has brought 'you' to the edge. Why not jump from this edge ... and say to the ONE, "Do with me as Thou willeth' ....

I think Leo, was referring to the ego surrender thou ego.
Let his/her? will be done and not my own?

So yeah, where is the ego?, it is nothing but an appearance of awareness. Apparently two, but not two.

Quote:
Great willingnes here to 'jump' but the old problem ... there's no one to jump, no one to surrender ... 'I" get really caught up in these examples because the way that language works demands that there is 'someone' to do these activities. Can Awareness 'jump' away from Awareness? Can Presense surrender to Presense? Oh the games this mind runs with.

No-one to do these activities,
Intelligence recognizes what has already been cognized and yet seemingly forgotten.
The recognition appears to arise in the pattern called 'body-mind'
This 'activity' does not have any form or pattern to it
the ONE WITH THE KNOWING is not in any pattern at all.

In the instant this ''knowing'' appears, then the notion ''the formless is the form'' arises…so everything is That.

All there is is SEEING-KNOWING.

The rest is appearances and nothing more.
Wrestle with the appearances if that 'you' must but it will achieve nothing.
aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

makara wrote:

Joke: couple at breakfast .... she: "says here (in paper) that people who don't drink live longer." He: "serves 'em right!"

That's a good one .. Laughing
aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

While I have 'believed' for many years that there is only ONE BEING in the universe the detail of this Advaita understanding is relatively new. So 'I' would love to hear from 'you' (and Aquarius inter alia) about teh arising of 'everything working'. Here there is still a lot of mental stuff ... and a life time of habit with all its persistence.

Did 'you' have that in the early period? Did it fall away in any noticable way?

Although i've always believed from early childhood, that i was not my ''body/ mind''
it was nearly 40 years later, before i'd completely unravelled myself back to the source.
I have the internet to thank for that, mainly, because there is so much esoteric knowledge to delve into.

But before i had a computer - i read esoteric books, i turned inward toward my natural innate spiritual nature,
mainly because the material world left me cold, and felt so alien to me.
I love the world don't get me wrong, i just wished more people would wake-up to the dream sometimes.

The first books i read was stuff by Deepak Chopra.
Followed by, Eckart Tolle's ''The Power of Now''

Follwed by Jan Kershott's ''Nobody Home'' and then i found Leos ''Awakening to the dream forum''

The combination of Leo's Awakening to the dream forum, and reading ''Nobody Home'' opened my eyes, and brought me home.

The ''Nobody Home'' book by JK had the biggest impact on me.

And now, posting at this forum is just like coming home again.
aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

It's exactly the same my friend.

Everything works, all on it's own, all by itself.
The less input from 'me' the better, as i allow my mind to be 'wide open space' an open unwritten book, where imagination and creativity comes pouring in.

When we come into phase with the one, synchronicity takes over, and 'my' life becomes effortless, it takes my breath away sometimes.
I'm just enjoying the ride ... Smile Wow!

Quote:
Wow. That sounds cool, my old friend. Cool

Is that the same? I neither know nor care. That seems to work. Laughing

Phil

Do nothing, and everything gets done Very Happy
aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
sorry you asked?

Yep. Embarassed
I don't know about these things, i'm pure and innocent.
I've lived a naive,sheltered life... Shocked
phil

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Makara.

It's nice to read you.

makara wrote:

Hello Phil. you wrote:
Quote:

While I have 'believed' for many years that there is only ONE BEING in the universe the detail of this Advaita understanding is relatively new. So 'I' would love to hear from 'you' (and Aquarius inter alia) about teh arising of 'everything working'. Here there is still a lot of mental stuff ... and a life time of habit with all its persistence. Did 'you' have that in the early period? Did it fall away in any noticable way?

I do not understand THE ONE. I do not understand THE TRUTH. I cannot explain EVERYTHING.

This is how it should be.

There's lots of mental stuff when nothing is working. This is a sign that everything is working.

Does that sound mental?

Laughing

Phil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: