awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index awakeningtothedream.com
Non Duality: The one question to all our answers.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sumthin.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toombaru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Sumthin. Reply with quote

An omnipotent, omnipresent, omnibenevolent God created the entire universe just so a hairless ape could strut itself on center stage.

Ain't that sumthin?
Libra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Sumthin. Reply with quote

toombaru wrote:
An omnipotent, omnipresent, omnibenevolent God created the entire universe just so a hairless ape could strut itself on center stage.

Ain't that sumthin?

who you calling hairless?
ne0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me!
awakening
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: Sumthin. Reply with quote

toombaru wrote:

Ain't that sumthin?

Perhaps she has a sense of humor...
But besides that, it's getting a bit tiresome to host and pay for an obsessive atheist toombaru soapbox.

Several options to remedy this are available, but perhaps the forum members have a fresh suggestion?

dilaram

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Sumthin. Reply with quote

awakening wrote:
toombaru wrote:

Ain't that sumthin?

But besides that, it's getting a bit tiresome to host and pay for an obsessive atheist toombaru soapbox.

Several options to remedy this are available, but perhaps the forum members have a fresh suggestion?

A lot of fuss about a box of soap powder...

Throw the box in the ocean...it will give some nice soapbubbles...

Or perhaps better: use it for what it is made: to throw in the washing machine, it gives fresh clothes if you want something 'fresh'...(better for ecology too)

Laughing
ne0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Sumthin. Reply with quote

awakening wrote:

Who cares?

Personally, I couldn't care less when you closed the forum some time ago. On the other hand, some sense of delight(enment) struck me when I noticed this.

The cost for hosting isn't that high (I run a forum myself (I am large, I contain multitudes)), so I would even be willing to donate a bit, just for the heck of it. (Money=energy=consciousness.) But what would Jesus do? And what about the tiredness? wird_getroestet
awakening
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Sumthin. Reply with quote

ne0 wrote:
awakening wrote:

Who cares?

Personally, I couldn't care less when you closed the forum some time ago. On the other hand, some sense of delight(enment) struck me when I noticed this.

The cost for hosting isn't that high (I run a forum myself (I am large, I contain multitudes)), so I would even be willing to donate a bit, just for the heck of it. (Money=energy=consciousness.) But what would Jesus do? And what about the tiredness? wird_getroestet

You're right..the cost are not that high, but why spend any money to provide some one with a platform to continuously push the anti religion/god message with the same fervor as a fanatic preacher uses?

And 'who cares' does not really matter. If one cares for pasta, but can't stomach boiled pigs feet (or the other way around) then that's how it is.

If there was a Jesus... he might turn the other cheek, get nailed, or kick the ones he objected too from the temple. Nothing super human...just truly human.

To be 'tired of something' means the same as having enough of something...it is an expression of discontent...Content and discontent...It all comes from the same place as 'not caring whether the forum closes' or the kind offer to contribute.

Who's asking "what about the tiredness"?
Who's offering a donation?

The same one/no-one.

dilaram

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Sumthin. Reply with quote

awakening wrote:

You're right..the cost are not that high, but why spend any money to provide some one with a platform to continuously push the anti religion/god message with the same fervor as a fanatic preacher uses?

And 'who cares' does not really matter. If one cares for pasta, but can't stomach boiled pigs feet (or the other way around) then that's how it is.

If there was a Jesus... he might turn the other cheek, get nailed, or kick the ones he objected too from the temple. Nothing super human...just truly human.

To be 'tired of something' means the same as having enough of something...it is an expression of discontent...Content and discontent...It all comes from the same place as 'not caring whether the forum closes' or the kind offer to contribute.

The same one/no-one.

Funny to see that 'who-question' coming back again and again...

I thought 'I' was associated with it as being "the non-duality-fanatic"...

but it 'seems' 'others' are asking that same old question too...

Cool
awakening
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Sumthin. Reply with quote

dilaram wrote:

Funny to see that 'who-question' coming back again and again...

I thought 'I' was associated with it as being "the non-duality-fanatic"...

but it 'seems' 'others' are asking that same old question too...

Cool

Yeah...Who will answer it?

Cool
ne0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Sumthin. Reply with quote

awakening wrote:

That's a good question I guess. I don't know the answer. When I started posting here I wanted to learn (or: there was an apparent entity which apparently upheld the possibility and willingness of doing so, etc.) and at that time Toomby and his 'answers' irritated me a bit sometimes, for, to me, he was a major cause of the lack of serious discussion on this forum. Now the forum has another dimension for me: a funny place for killing time and letting the underlying truth sink in by posting shit like 'who cares?' almost randomly and even more mindlessly. Letting it all just happen. Which makes me like Toombaru's sparring efforts this time a lot more than I used to.

So I'm at both sides. I wonder what his thoughts are about this might be. Will he 'feel' you, or will he be asking 'who cares' or the like?

Quote:

True, just like Donald cares for Daisy - and just as I like the irony of the 'who cares'-question. 'Who cares?' 'Who's asking?' 'Who cares?' Etc.

Quote:

Yeah, I guess that's why I like him so much.

Quote:

The same one/no-one.

Very Happy
toombaru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Sumthin. Reply with quote

awakening wrote:
ne0 wrote:
awakening wrote:

Who cares?

The same one/no-one.

The cathedral of self is built from and buttressed by its imaginary gods.
The only light that enters streams in through stained glass.

It is not God or Jesus that I am trying cast from their nest in the dream of personal autonomy.
It is god-thinking that is the culprit and is the focus of intent.

Man and his god
are like peas in a pod.

They are mutually co-dependent.
They need each other to exist.

Whenever one falls.......they both succumb.

The mind of man bolsters its delusional stance and its illusory persona with the idea that there is something bigger and better than itself.

It carries its crosses, crescents, flags and banners into its daily battle to keep its little homestead safe and secure.

It forms alliances with those predisposed to the same delusions.

They prod each other along the dark roads of the unknown.......winding ever downward into the caverns of their own imagination.

It doesn't matter if one's god lives in heaven or in a hole in Iran.

One's god can be a collage of "oneness", "advaita", "big self", "enlightenment", "hope", "love", "country", "charity", "guru", "vegetarianism", ancestors, movie stars or rap artists, web forums, crosses, crescents, flags, symbols, etc, etc, etc.

Ultimately all gods emerge and live in the hominid brain and as long as they are granted power over the dream-kingdom people will submit to their iron hand.

That's alright for most folks.
That's their entire world.
They are born and die......never having opened their eyes.
That's the dream.

But a few rebels will always be standing on street corners to speak of a far more open, flowing place just outside of the fetid little stagnant pools to which the mind of man gravitates.

The whole cast of gods and demigods.....saints and martyrs......icons and matinee idols....actors and politicians...priests and gurus......keep the sense of self centered and secure in its inferiority.

And when one shines a light into their lair......their keepers scurry around to protect them......they feign anger.....they posture aggressively and threaten recriminations or even expulsion from the group.

They speculate on what their gods would do if they were confronted with a similar confusing circumstance.

Heretics are never welcome in any land....real or illusory.

Your reaction, which we all should know by now results from the great fear of losing your theistic support system along with your personal identity.

Which, by the way, is the same phenomenon.

If you were to openly question your personal reactions to my posts and do some honest research into the origin and validity of your personal gods........you just might take that giant leap......into nothing.

Either way.....I have immensely enjoyed your company....well.....I have enjoyed surfing the ripples on the surface of this most peculiar mind that we share.

And I thank you for that.

toombaru

Laughing

Last edited by toombaru on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Sumthin. Reply with quote

awakening wrote:
toombaru wrote:

Ain't that sumthin?

Hi Leo.

I'm not disagreeing with you here, but i think your comments toward toomby are a bit unfair.
But of course that's just my opinion.

Toomby brings a lot of incredibly good stuff (view points) to this forum.

I for one can read straight though to the meanings in his messages.
And for that reason, i like visiting here.

Toomby, is in fact one of the reasons i come here to this particular forum.
I think this forum is very lucky to have him.

I personally think it would be an honor to have someone like toomby on my forum ...if i had a forum that is.

I think the guy has a genius mind ..... wit.
dilaram

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Sumthin. Reply with quote

toombaru wrote:

It is not God or Jesus that I am trying cast out of their nest in the dream of personal autonomy.

Man and his god
are like peas in a pod.

The mind of man bolsters its delusional stance and its illusory persona with the idea that there is something bigger and better than itself.

It carries its crosses, crescents, flags and banners into its daily battle to keep its little homestead safe and secure.

They prod each other along the dark roads of the unknown.......winding ever downward into the caverns of their own imagination.

One's god can be a collage of "oneness", "advaita", "big self", "enlightenment", "hope", "love", "country", "charity", "guru", "vegetarianism", ancestors, movie stars or rap artists, web forums, crosses, crescents, flags, symbols, etc, etc, etc.

Ultimately all gods emerge and live in the brain of man and as long as they are granted power over the dream-kingdom people will submit to their iron hand.

That's the dream.

But a few rebels will always be standing on street corners to speak of a far more open, flowing place just outside of the fetid little stagnant pools to which the mind of man gravitates.

The whole cast of gods and demigods.....saints and martyrs......icons and matinee idols....actors and politicians...priests and gurus......keep the sense of self centered and secure in its inferiority.

And when one shines a light into their lair......their keepers scurry around to protect them......they feign anger.....they posture aggressively and threaten recriminations or even expulsion from the group.

Your reaction which we all know by now results from great fear of losing your support system along with your personal identity.

If you were to openly question your personal reactions to my posts and do some honest research into the origin and validity of your personal gods........you just might take that giant leap......into nothing.

Laughing

Toombaru,

It seems you are striving and rebelling for "a better world" against some vague enemy (manipulators/priests/'god-thinking', man (and his gods), mind of man, 'they'...).

"A better world" (awakening those dreamers) can become 'a 'demi-god' or 'godly thing to do', a 'crusade' too!

There is just nothing to improve.

It is already perfect! (yes, I know that is a much detested word)

Perfectly Imperfect!

Nothing to do, nobody to do something...

Things apparently happens just for totally NO reason at all...
or you could say totally everything has its reason (what makes the concept reason futile, irrelevant)

'The brain of man' together with (wo-)man him/herself is itself part of a fantasy coming up in "something which is NOT a thing" which goes simply beyond concept.

Further nothing can be said.
ne0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Sumthin. Reply with quote

aquarius wrote:
Toomby, is in fact one of the reasons i come here to this particular forum.
I think this forum is very lucky to have him.

I personally think it would be an honor to have someone like toomby on my forum ...if i had a forum that is.

I think the guy has a genius mind ..... wit.

He is god! Angel
toombaru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Sumthin. Reply with quote

dilaram wrote:
toombaru wrote:

It is not God or Jesus that I am trying cast out of their nest in the dream of personal autonomy.

Man and his god
are like peas in a pod.

Ultimately all gods emerge and live in the brain of man and as long as they are granted power over the dream-kingdom people will submit to their iron hand.

That's the dream.

Your reaction which we all know by now results from great fear of losing your support system along with your personal identity.

Laughing

Toombaru,

It seems you are striving and rebelling for "a better world" against some vague enemy (manipulators/priests/'god-thinking', man (and his gods), mind of man, 'they'...).

"A better world" (awakening those dreamers) can become 'a 'demi-god' or 'godly thing to do', a 'crusade' too!

There is just nothing to improve.

It is already perfect! (yes, I know that is a much detested word)

Perfectly Imperfect!

Nothing to do, nobody to do something...

Things apparently happens just for totally NO reason at all...
or you could say totally everything has its reason (what makes the concept reason futile, irrelevant)

'The brain of man' together with (wo-)man him/herself is itself part of a fantasy coming up in "something which is NOT a thing" which goes simply beyond concept.

Further nothing can be said.

Ahhhh....if I only knew what my motives were.......
then.......perhaps.......I'd be somebody.

Why do you suppose you respond to
these pebbles I skip across this little pond?

What do you want?

What are you trying to say?

To whom are you speaking?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: