awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index awakeningtothedream.com
Non Duality: The one question to all our answers.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Solipsism.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Solipsism. Reply with quote

Solipsism.

The view or theory that the self is all that can be known to exist.

Is the study of ND taking a solipsistic stance on reality?
ANNA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Solipsism. Reply with quote

aquarius wrote:
Solipsism.

The view or theory that the self is all that can be known to exist.

Is the study of ND taking a solipsistic stance on reality?

The philosophy of Vedanta, "Aham Brahmasmi" (roughly translated as "I am the Absolute Truth"), could be interpreted as solipsism in one of its primitive senses, as the world is but an illusion in the mind of the observer. However, Advaita Vedanta can be understood to be non-solipsistic when it is recognised that it does not actually deny the existence of a world 'external' to the Self or Atman. Rather, it is asserting that the consciousness and awareness of the individual pervades all of that person's experience, to such an extent that absolute notions of 'inside' and 'outside' are arbitrary. The universe is the same as the self, as the universe can only be experienced through the self and the self is submerged within the universe as an integrated part[citation needed].

However, Advaita is strongly divergent from solipsism in that the former is a system of exploration of one's mind in order to finally understand the nature of the self and attain complete knowledge. The unity of existence is said to be directly experienced and understood at the end as a part of complete knowledge. On the other hand solipsism posits the non-existence of the external void right at the beginning, and says that no further inquiry is possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism

aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Anna.. Cool good stuff.
Blossom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solipsism yes, but Deific Solipsism--Understanding that there is One Mind, and This Mind belongs to an Ineffable Uncaused Isness.

In other words, God's Self Awareness (as this seemingly objective world experience) is exploring, being, knowing, seeing Its Self; "we" are Divine Mind being Lived.

It goes a little like this: to the objective view, there is God and a sinful mankind struggling to return to God’s grace. To the non-dual-subjective view, there is God and God’s Self-Awareness appearing as all possible individual states---Therefore Deific Solipsism---As in God and God’s Mind is All That Is. The identity you feel and be is God’s Self Awareness—there is no separate self from This. The “return” is leaving the bonds of objectivism to re-embrace the Original Child, the subjective “Mind of God”---to let that Awareness be us which are also the Christ Truth. Then, if we are willing to continue, we find and live the balance. Here, the objective world is understood, not denied, understood and loved and lived for the grand purpose it serves. The balance is a step beyond non-duality wherein we understand 'both' but are not stuck in either as an idea. The Child is Free from both concepts and balanced between or above both as the very Living Itself.

Just at the subjective idea is a step beyond the objective view of things. The Child within can be found anywhere along the line at any moment and when the Child is found, we go quickly to the balance of things wherein we understand the reason and purpose for this seemingly objective world while also realizing the absolute reality of Deific Solipsism. The balance is lived in a time-space objective world.

You know, for me it is all about the Heart---The intellect is useful, and serves us well, but the Heart knows things that are so very tender, touching the hem of holy ground.

The Truth is clothed in simplicity, hidden in childlikeness and put it in their hearts.
aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Blossom.. Cool good stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: