awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index awakeningtothedream.com
Non Duality: The one question to all our answers.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To be or not to be...
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Libra



Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 518

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makara:

"Indeed. But there is an inherent danger.
Once I lived for many years near a small, rural town.
Nearly everyone knew everyone.
But what I noticed was the 'control' exerted to
keep one within the 'community boundaries' (or parochial morality).
It was subtle for the most part and most folk wouldn't
notice it. Yet when I left that town (for this reason)
I felt I could breathe again (be 'myself') and not have to adjust my
emotions/views/practice/inner work
to the limitations of the community. "

watch out Mak
this can get to be like a small town too...

and I know what you mean
people don't like
not-knowing

not liking not-knowing
inspires institutions
and places the feel safe and known

i think we here think that
very few take any kind of journey
beyond the known

maybe our first journeys are of the physical kind;
to a new place,
away from old,
to visit a guru,
or to seek out,
to escape,
to remake or renew,

later i think we find
that the journey is within
and there was
no outside force exerting control...

freedom,
if found
is found within

but part of that freedom
is the understanding of
the unification of within
and without

there was no control from outside
now there is no control from inside

no controller
no one controlled
no one
but also part of the one
so
only

One

so where can one go?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ANNA



Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Posts: 4093

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, where one go?

.....indeed, where


hi jeff,


I have read somewhere,
Canít recall where, that

If you are point A and point B
and everything between them

Why you need to take an airplane?


it sounds a bit like a koan......lol


Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
makara



Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 1341
Location: By the ocean, ready for the big one.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my joys here is that at different
times different characters make such
wonderful posts.

Here's one from the character, Libra:

Quote:
and I know what you mean
people don't like
not-knowing

not liking not-knowing
inspires institutions
and places the feel safe and known

i think we here think that
very few take any kind of journey
beyond the known

maybe our first journeys are of the physical kind;
to a new place,
away from old,
to visit a guru,
or to seek out,
to escape,
to remake or renew,

later i think we find
that the journey is within
and there was
no outside force exerting control...

freedom,
if found
is found within

but part of that freedom
is the understanding of
the unification of within
and without

there was no control from outside
now there is no control from inside

no controller
no one controlled
no one
but also part of the one
so
only

One

so where can one go?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Libra



Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 518

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANNA wrote:
so, where one go?

.....indeed, where


hi jeff,


I have read somewhere,
Canít recall where, that

If you are point A and point B
and everything between them

Why you need to take an airplane?


it sounds a bit like a koan......lol


Laughing


everything in between is A+B,
or is it A-B, or B-A?

who cares,
i'll meet you in the middle anytime dear ANNA
Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Libra



Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 518

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

makara wrote:
One of my joys here is that at different
times different characters make such
wonderful posts.

Here's one from the character, Libra:

Quote:
and I know what you mean
people don't like
not-knowing

not liking not-knowing
inspires institutions
and places the feel safe and known

i think we here think that
very few take any kind of journey
beyond the known

maybe our first journeys are of the physical kind;
to a new place,
away from old,
to visit a guru,
or to seek out,
to escape,
to remake or renew,

later i think we find
that the journey is within
and there was
no outside force exerting control...

freedom,
if found
is found within

but part of that freedom
is the understanding of
the unification of within
and without

there was no control from outside
now there is no control from inside

no controller
no one controlled
no one
but also part of the one
so
only

One

so where can one go?


flattery!!!!!






please continue Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
makara



Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 1341
Location: By the ocean, ready for the big one.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
flattery!!!!!

...is in the eye of the beholder.

Here it was acknowledgement
of a fine moment.
Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Libra



Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 518

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

makara wrote:
Quote:
flattery!!!!!

...is in the eye of the beholder.

Here it was acknowledgement
of a fine moment.
Wink


then
i'd like to acknowledge your acknowledgement,
Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group