awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index awakeningtothedream.com
Non Duality: The one question to all our answers.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Women Are Smart.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream
View previous topic :: View next topic  
makara

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In the total absence of 'thought' there would be totally 'no thinking' this is impossible.....
in the total absence of thought, the thought of being separate wouldn't even arise in the first place, again impossible.
How can the absence of 'thought' reveal anything? that kind of thinking is just another example of nondual typical semantic nonsense.

Hi Aqua ...must be pretty late at night there ...
Perhaps you might like to revise the paragraph above.
aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

makara wrote:
Quote:
In the total absence of 'thought' there would be totally 'no thinking' this is impossible.....
in the total absence of thought, the thought of being separate wouldn't even arise in the first place, again impossible.
How can the absence of 'thought' reveal anything? that kind of thinking is just another example of nondual typical semantic nonsense.

Hi Aqua ...must be pretty late at night there ...
Perhaps you might like to revise the paragraph above.

There needs to be a thought in the first place, that knows/reveals the fact that there is no thinker of thought.

To blindly state that the absence of thought reveals something, implies there is presence of thought.

Therefore thoughts of 'presence' or 'absence' cancel each other out.
makara

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ... ok. That makes sense.
maple3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aquarius wrote:
maple3 wrote:

Some might say that "HOME" is the letting go of the thought that thought can take us on a journey or bring us home.

One cannot let go of a thought.....how absurd, virtually impossible.

No, not absurd, and not impossible either.

Quote:
One cannot let go of a thought.....

Um, okay... but has a thought ever let go of "you"? (so to speak?)

aquarius wrote:

Nonsense? Probably more like a missed-understanding... (which of course is also non-sensed Wink).

Okay, I phrased it as an absence of thought, but I could just as well have called it "unhinged thoughts." It's just a manner of speaking, or a way of pointing, or perhaps a shift in perspective?

In fact, I have it on very good authority that thoughts can become completely unhinged from awareness... Shocked

... UN-hinged... yes. Rolling Eyes

... and "unhinged" is just a way of saying thoughts can become separated from awareness, (which of course is dualistic, and is not a nondualistic way of explaining it. But oh well, mere words can only do so much.)

...but if/when the unhinge-ing happens, just don't try to tell a non-nondualist about it, because they would most likely insist on counseling with a "professional." Shame on you
fox

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And then there was this:

Quote:
Nature has given women so much power that the law has very wisely given them little.

(Samuel Johnson)

Wink Cool
ANNA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maple3 wrote:
aquarius wrote:
maple3 wrote:

Some might say that "HOME" is the letting go of the thought that thought can take us on a journey or bring us home.

Quote:

aquarius wrote:

Nonsense? Probably more like a missed-understanding... (which of course is also non-sensed Wink).

Okay, I phrased it as an absence of thought, but I could just as well have called it "unhinged thoughts." It's just a manner of speaking, or a way of pointing, or perhaps a shift in perspective?

In fact, I have it on very good authority that thoughts can become completely unhinged from awareness... Shocked

... and "unhinged" is just a way of saying thoughts can become separated from awareness, (which of course is dualistic, and is not a nondualistic way of explaining it. But oh well, mere words can only do so much.)

...but if/when the unhinge-ing happens, just don't try to tell a non-nondualist about it, because they would most likely insist on counseling with a "professional." Shame on you

Hi maple3, Smile

I always have enjoyed your posts,
Its been so long time….ehhhhh

Welcome back, or you never left…lol Wink

Yes, there is agreement here
or we may say
resonance………

UN-hinged” thoughts …lol Smile

Yes, it is so...very accurate said Cool
and an inspiration for a haiku:

Flying fluffy clouds
Nowhere to hinge
Open fields................

......and an other poem......

my light-legs -
a tail of a dolphin navigate
through the Flow

my hands -
huge bursts of light, emanating out
into environment

floating, soaring,
intermingle, overlapping
sharing light and sound
of US

ever_present
NOW
Ocean of Light…..

keep posting, dear .......

Smile
aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maple3 wrote:
aquarius wrote:
maple3 wrote:

Quote:

aquarius wrote:

Agreed, and thank you for the clarification ... Wink

I do understand what you are saying now, maple.

Thoughts are dualistic, dualistic thought can make it appear that there are two here, but a thought cannot be a thing? this is just a phantom make believing the idea.

Is that what you meant?
aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maple3 wrote:

Laughing
Libra

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

women are smart
maple3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANNA wrote:
Hi maple3, Smile

or we may say
resonance………

[... snipped ... to save a bit of space Wink]

Anna, OMG very lovely poetry...
...hitting the indescribable nail on the head, yes... Applause

..."resonance" indeed.
Thank you so much for bringing a cheering smile to this heart. And even when I don't make it so apparent, my heart is truly never far away from the ATTD forum. kuessen_sich

aquarius wrote:

Thoughts are dualistic, dualistic thought can make it appear that there are two here, but a thought cannot be a thing? this is just a phantom make believing the idea.

Is that what you meant?

Yes, that's it. Thoughts can be very convincing, but are really just fickle no-things that "we" mistakenly believe are real. Thoughts can change, up/down, left/right, right/wrong. But the Awareness of those thoughts is like the unchanging ground onto which our frivolous thoughts appear. While Awareness and thought seem to be so closely linked that they appear to be the same exact thing, as if in total lockstep, they really aren't. Despite their apparent clinginess there are occasions when thoughts can be let go, or come "unhinged," or get out of "lockstep." Maybe an event triggers a thought-disconnect. But it can also happen without any apparent cause, (or perhaps with intense self-investigation?). After that it may be difficult to take your (or others') thoughts so seriously.

And much of non-duality "semantics" involves discussing the undeniable unavoidable irrelevance of thought, often referred to as ...

... Awakening to the Dream ... winken
ANNA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maple3 wrote:
ANNA wrote:
Hi maple3, Smile

or we may say
resonance………

[... snipped ... to save a bit of space Wink]

Anna, OMG very lovely poetry...
...hitting the indescribable nail on the head, yes... Applause

..."resonance" indeed.
Thank you so much for bringing a cheering smile to this heart. And even when I don't make it so apparent, my heart is truly never far away from the ATTD forum. kuessen_sich

aquarius wrote:

Is that what you meant?

Yes, that's it. Thoughts can be very convincing, but are really just fickle no-things that "we" mistakenly believe are real. Thoughts can change, up/down, left/right, right/wrong. But the Awareness of those thoughts is like the unchanging ground onto which our frivolous thoughts appear. While Awareness and thought seem to be so closely linked that they appear to be the same exact thing, as if in total lockstep, they really aren't. Despite their apparent clinginess there are occasions when thoughts can be let go, or come "unhinged," or get out of "lockstep." Maybe an event triggers a thought-disconnect. But it can also happen without any apparent cause, (or perhaps with intense self-investigation?). After that it may be difficult to take your (or others') thoughts so seriously.

And much of non-duality "semantics" involves discussing the undeniable unavoidable irrelevance of thought, often referred to as ...

... Awakening to the Dream ... winken

nothing to add
autumn wink, fallen leafs
kiss...

daumen_hoch winken Applause kuessen_sich
Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: