awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index awakeningtothedream.com
Non Duality: The one question to all our answers.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You are not conscious.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: You are not conscious. Reply with quote

You are not conscious.

You do not have consciousness, consciousness have you.
aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/node/1682
Blossom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: You are not conscious. Reply with quote

aquarius wrote:
You are not conscious.

Yes, it seems that even science is just beginning to see this fact.

One day we come to perceive that Consciousness Itself is who and what we are and we are not the custodian of Conciousness---Mind is not inside us, Mind/Awareness is being All That I Am.

Or to say it another way; we are not a container that includes Awareness within itself. Free from that mistaken belief, we find our Self to be unbeholden to any so called 'human authority' too--and see the powerlessness of 'things'---which are images of Light within Awareness.

We find the 'who' of 'who we are' is Real and is the unbound, unlimited, ungovernable Child which 'sits next to God' ---Well, sometimes sits---mostly romps-- Laughing
maple3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: You are not conscious. Reply with quote

Blossom wrote:
aquarius wrote:
You are not conscious.

One day we come to perceive that Consciousness Itself is who and what we are and we are not the custodian of Conciousness---Mind is not inside us, Mind/Awareness is being All That I Am.

Or to say it another way; we are not a container that includes Awareness within itself. Free from that mistaken belief, we find our Self to be unbeholden to any so called 'human authority' too--and see the powerlessness of 'things'---which are images of Light within Awareness.

We find the 'who' of 'who we are' is Real and is the unbound, unlimited, ungovernable Child which 'sits next to God' ---Well, sometimes sits---mostly romps-- Laughing

I do agree with a lot of what you wrote, like I agree that we are not the custodians of consciousness, and we are not a container that includes Awareness within itself. I also agree that perceived "things are inherently powerless.

But when you go on to explain that the "who" of "who we are" is Real, I disagree. Maybe it's just that we explain things differently, but I perceive the little self-impressed "who" as unreal and irrelevant.

In Reality there is no "who," except as an appearance in the make-believe stories it tells itself about itself. And there is no Child that sits next to God either. The so-called "Child" is simply another "appearance," i.e. unreal, and no-thing. In the context of non-duality there is only ONE, ALL THERE IS, and nothing is ever "next" to IT, because IT is infinitely IT, non-dual, ALL-encompassing, ONE without a second.

As to the child who "mostly romps"... yes, I do agree with that. Although it's just an imaginary child, it's usually a damned rambunctious little brat, that's for sure. Twisted Evil Wink
Blossom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: You are not conscious. Reply with quote

maple3 wrote:
Blossom wrote:
aquarius wrote:
You are not conscious.

I do agree with a lot of what you wrote, like I agree that we are not the custodians of consciousness, and we are not a container that includes Awareness within itself. I also agree that perceived "things are inherently powerless.

But when you go on to explain that the "who" of "who we are" is Real, I disagree. Maybe it's just that we explain things differently, but I perceive the little self-impressed "who" as unreal and irrelevant.

In Reality there is no "who," except as an appearance in the make-believe stories it tells itself about itself. And there is no Child that sits next to God either. The so-called "Child" is simply another "appearance," i.e. unreal, and no-thing. In the context of non-duality there is only ONE, ALL THERE IS, and nothing is ever "next" to IT, because IT is infinitely IT, non-dual, ALL-encompassing, ONE without a second.

As to the child who "mostly romps"... yes, I do agree with that. Although it's just an imaginary child, it's usually a damned rambunctious little brat, that's for sure. Twisted Evil Wink

Cute, yes, I love that rascal Child!!

For me the Truth is not bound to what would seem to be the reasonable or logical premise postulted by 'non-dualism'.

It's what I have found and It is Real.

And further more, I see The Child Alive and Well with YOU and many of you here---The Child is clearly romping Here! She/He/It pops up quite often--

Much Love Dear Maple3, Tender Child Heart You Are---
Kailashana

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many years Dr. Sobottka and I had a conversation on line.

I remarked that consciousness IS the *unifying theory* and he said he was working on a paper on that.

Well it's here, here it is.

http://faculty.virginia.edu/consciousness/

He was a *guest speaker* http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OAStudyGroup/message/2236 should anyone want to follow Q's & A's.

~A
Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: