awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index awakeningtothedream.com
Non Duality: The one question to all our answers.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

That Damn Monkey!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cimages

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: That Damn Monkey! Reply with quote

The only time a monkey is a problem is when it’s on your back!

I had a monkey on my back for years, couldn’t get it off!

I was always walking around saying “gotta get this damn monkey off my back!

After years of soul searching, reading “Awakening to the Dream”, some more soul searching! It’s gone!

There is now freedom!....Freedom to just be!

I would use the term understanding.

But there is no one to understand…and based upon these thoughts always doing what they do……they seem confused as heck!

But I’m not confused!....I’m free!

Free from understanding….Free from confusion!

Free to be happy……….Free to be sad!

Here is where the freedom comes in….there is no longer a reason to be happy or sad like before. For example sad for the condition of the world. Now there is just happiness….sadness….no reason….This is freedom.

There is understanding…….There is confusion…..no reason.

This is Freedom!........FREE AT LAST!.......FREE AT LAST!

NO ONE TO BE FREE…….JUST………..FREE AT LAST!

THANK GOD! I FINALLY GOT THAT DAMN MONKEY OFF MY BACK!

Wishing you & your family, also your monkey...if you've got one...A Happy Holiday Season!

Peace!
maple3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the really wild and crazy thing is I actually understand everything you wrote. Shocked Laughing Shocked Laughing Laughing

And that might be a scary thing if I weren't laughing so much. Laughing

Senseless! Very Happy

Love
fox

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't mind your monkey
don't mind your mind

Cool
cheers!
toombaru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: That Damn Monkey! Reply with quote

cimages wrote:
The only time a monkey is a problem is when it’s on your back!

I had a monkey on my back for years, couldn’t get it off!

I was always walking around saying “gotta get this damn monkey off my back!

After years of soul searching, reading “Awakening to the Dream”, some more soul searching! It’s gone!

There is now freedom!....Freedom to just be!

I would use the term understanding.

But there is no one to understand…and based upon these thoughts always doing what they do……they seem confused as heck!

But I’m not confused!....I’m free!

Free from understanding….Free from confusion!

Free to be happy……….Free to be sad!

Here is where the freedom comes in….there is no longer a reason to be happy or sad like before. For example sad for the condition of the world. Now there is just happiness….sadness….no reason….This is freedom.

There is understanding…….There is confusion…..no reason.

This is Freedom!........FREE AT LAST!.......FREE AT LAST!

NO ONE TO BE FREE…….JUST………..FREE AT LAST!

THANK GOD! I FINALLY GOT THAT DAMN MONKEY OFF MY BACK!

Wishing you & your family, also your monkey...if you've got one...A Happy Holiday Season!

Peace!

A monkey that thinks that it is free..............is a monkey that thinks that it is free.

toombaru
cimages

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: That Damn Monkey! Reply with quote

toombaru wrote:

A monkey that thinks that it is free..............is a monkey that thinks that it is free.
toombaru

Well!....Better a monkey that thinks it's free....thinks it's happy...thinks it feels good.....thinks there's love......thinks there's joy!

What better illusion is there!

The altenative is a monkey that thinks it's sullen...unhappy...sad....depressed.

SO HERES TO ALL THOSE MONKEYS OUT THERE THAT..THINK!...THEY ARE FREE!

And to those that think they are none of these things, that none of these things are experienced...that there are just thoughts in an open mind field of consciousness!

YOU!...need to go out & find yourself a good illusion & get laid!

Sheeeeeeeeesh!....Me!....I'm going to enjoy the illusion of being a FREE!...monkey!

Here's hoping you experience the illusion of happiness!

Peace!
toombaru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: That Damn Monkey! Reply with quote

cimages wrote:
toombaru wrote:

toombaru

Well!....Better a monkey that thinks it's free....thinks it's happy...thinks it feels good.....thinks there's love......thinks there's joy!

The altenative is a monkey that thinks it's sullen...unhappy...sad....depressed.

And to those that think they are none of these things, that none of these things are experienced...that there are just thoughts in an open mind field of consciousness!

Sheeeeeeeeesh!....Me!....I'm going to enjoy the illusion of being a FREE!...monkey!

Peace!

The belief that you are presently free.....is the polar opposite of the belief that you were at one time imprisoned.

Resolve the question concerning that actuality of this 'you'........and all matters of freedom and imprisonment disolve.

toombaru

P.S.

Your request for 'peace' at the end of your commentaries indicate a further commitment to......and perpetuation of duality.
cimages

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: That Damn Monkey! Reply with quote

toombaru wrote:
cimages wrote:
toombaru wrote:

toombaru

Peace!

The belief that you are presently free.....is the polar opposite of the belief that you were at one time imprisoned.

Resolve the question concerning that actuality of this 'you'........and all matters of freedom and imprisonment disolve.

P.S.

Your request for 'peace' at the end of your commentaries indicate a further commitment to......and perpetuation of duality.

O.k....you got me...I've been faking all along....Now...again please...what is the difference between duality...and....non duality?

I didn't think faking it was that serious....my girl friend tells me she fakes it all the time!

I REPEAT!

Quote:

Peace?....So....this makes me what.....A......Dualist?....or perhaps a psuedo...Non Dualist?

Perhaps your concern with being a purist has imprisoned you much more than duality ever did?

Perhaps you've traded one illusion for another & thusly is just as imprisoned?

The truth of the matter is I don't know, but because its an illusion I don't have to care that much or take it that serious. I can at least be free to enjoy the illusion.

If however, this is how you derive a sense of joy or what ever it is that you are experiencing. A sense of meaning, a sense of purpose. Who am I to take that away from you.

Without fear of sounding like a dualist....I'm happy for you & I wish you peace! The illusion is part of how this expression is taken by you.

And again.

Peace!
toombaru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: That Damn Monkey! Reply with quote

cimages wrote:
toombaru wrote:
cimages wrote:
toombaru wrote:

toombaru

Peace!

P.S.

O.k....you got me...I've been faking all along....Now...again please...what is the difference between duality...and....non duality?

I didn't think faking it was that serious....my girl friend tells me she fakes it all the time!

I REPEAT!

Quote:

Peace?....So....this makes me what.....A......Dualist?....or perhaps a psuedo...Non Dualist?

Perhaps your concern with being a purist has imprisoned you much more than duality ever did?

Perhaps you've traded one illusion for another & thusly is just as imprisoned?

The truth of the matter is I don't know, but because its an illusion I don't have to care that much or take it that serious. I can at least be free to enjoy the illusion.

If however, this is how you derive a sense of joy or what ever it is that you are experiencing. A sense of meaning, a sense of purpose. Who am I to take that away from you.

Without fear of sounding like a dualist....I'm happy for you & I wish you peace! The illusion is part of how this expression is taken by you.

And again.

Peace!

The quest for happiness is the mother suffering.

toombaru
Post new topic   Reply to topic    awakeningtothedream.com Forum Index -> Awakening to the Dream All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: