and a happy flock
of followers
waiting for the next
perfect phrase

?

Nothing but what is already. :wink:

l o v e

and is- ness :lol:

Ultimately...............It all boils down to nothing.

(bumper sticker)

toombaru
I AM
The All
including the fire
boiling IT down
to No-Thing

(This will not stick to any bumper)

empty-and-full

Post by empty-and-full » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:09 pm

I found this page highly entertaining. :D

http://www.parama.com/html/process_enlightenment.html
There are various stages in the relative process of enlightenment. Remember the word enlightenment describes relative change only, nothing real.
meL

Post by meL » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:48 am

empty-and-full wrote:I found this page highly entertaining. :D

http://www.parama.com/html/process_enlightenment.html
There are various stages in the relative process of enlightenment. Remember the word enlightenment describes relative change only, nothing real.
http://www.parama.com/satsang/viewtopic.php?t=171

"
Father, forgive them ... they know not what they ..........
"

KNOW NOT

read 5 times :D

They didnt SEE what they were doing.

Read this mess of words 5 times !
:shock:
meL

Post by meL » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:15 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sutra_of_P ... ightenment

too many words :shock:

BUT

"
Buddha holds very strictly to the SUDDEN position,
DENYING the possibility of enlightenment through

gradual practice.

In the third chapter he begins to allow for

a bit of a gradual view,

and the next several chapters become ...........
"

Does it go down hill from there?

SEE = SUDDEN

It is everpresent ... ordinary functional senses.
i hope Your not sick of THAT phrase.

"I stumbled across ..." -- UGK

Enlightenment implies knowledge.

SEE does NOT imply knowledge.
:D

There is no problem with knowledge on demand.
:D :D :D

There are always problems with words(knowledge)
BRB
meL

Post by meL » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:31 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enlightenm ... concept%29

"
beyond anything known till date.[citation needed]
"

Do You SEE it?

There is always a yank-back to knowledge.

"beyond" ... we want to go beyond the what-is SEEN ... NON-sense
meL

Post by meL » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:33 am

We dont give the

what-is SEEN

a chance.

:D
meL

Post by meL » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:39 am

She sings
"
Gently Down
"

"
there is no reward
"
-- JK

We DEMAND a reward ... THAT is the problem!

Dont petition God !

THAT is an old wisdom. :D :D :D :D :D
jules

Post by jules » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:38 pm

gently down

not so gently down

violently slammed down

it's all in the end

down

Love
godszen

Re: Satguru

Post by godszen » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:20 am

empty-and-full wrote:I'm in love. :D
In the full Satguru, all AMness has disappeared except that miniscule energy necessary for the bodymind to remain in appearance. Essentially, when they are on their own, they are like the perfectly calm pond in absolute peace. No thoughts, as we would recognize them. When somebody appears before them, a ripple is created on the pond to give them sufficient appearance of personality to interact. Once the interaction is completed, they return to silence. We are not capable of understanding what that really means, or feels like.
The ‘I’ of the ‘I AM’ in the Jnani now disappears as well. Remember that the ‘I’ was the perceiver of the ‘AM’. In the Satguru, there is no concept of a perceiver in the first stages of Satguru. There is only ‘perceiving’ happening. At full Satguru even the ‘perceiving’ ceases. Now there is only ‘IS’. This is beyond conceptualization with the mind.
Further, as their ‘natural’ personality disappears, the personality of those around them seems to disappear. They perceive less and less distinctions of individual personalities. Eventually, they literally disappear as a personality to others, and the other personalities effectively disappear to them.
All goals, desires, and concepts have fallen away. Dis-passion (impartiality) deepens.
was/ is the author of this quote a satguru?
empty-and-full

Re: Satguru

Post by empty-and-full » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:26 am

godszen wrote:
empty-and-full wrote:I'm in love. :D
In the full Satguru, all AMness has disappeared except that miniscule energy necessary for the bodymind to remain in appearance. Essentially, when they are on their own, they are like the perfectly calm pond in absolute peace. No thoughts, as we would recognize them. When somebody appears before them, a ripple is created on the pond to give them sufficient appearance of personality to interact. Once the interaction is completed, they return to silence. We are not capable of understanding what that really means, or feels like.
The ‘I’ of the ‘I AM’ in the Jnani now disappears as well. Remember that the ‘I’ was the perceiver of the ‘AM’. In the Satguru, there is no concept of a perceiver in the first stages of Satguru. There is only ‘perceiving’ happening. At full Satguru even the ‘perceiving’ ceases. Now there is only ‘IS’. This is beyond conceptualization with the mind.
Further, as their ‘natural’ personality disappears, the personality of those around them seems to disappear. They perceive less and less distinctions of individual personalities. Eventually, they literally disappear as a personality to others, and the other personalities effectively disappear to them.
All goals, desires, and concepts have fallen away. Dis-passion (impartiality) deepens.
was/ is the author of this quote a satguru?
No, this is what he posted at the bottom of the page:
This article is simply an exercise in concepts. It was designed to help dispel some other concepts you may have held, and perhaps provide you with some new ones to drive your mind crazy. It may have also held up a few useful signposts to help give perspective.

What must be remembered is that none of these concepts are the truth. Once something is expressed, its opposite is also true. Ultimately, these articles and attending Satsang, may serve to help destroy some of the concepts that you have which are limiting your expression of life. Eventually, this may help you to realize, if only intellectually, that you cannot mentally understand life, or even who you are. That may then enable you to simply start living life, as that is all you really can do.
So he was not talking from experience. He actually is a Reiki master.

http://www.parama.com/html/satguru.html
stacey

Post by stacey » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:11 am

well well well- I scanned this web site...found some interesting(my non commitmental wording) thoughts from ester...and a very long story about some therapy to "get naked"...

I am not about to join some nudist volleyball party....... :oops:

and don't let me knock it all-i do want to add it appears that this site is some sort of school-ing...

and Mel knows what "Pink" has to say about that!

nice poetry through ester
godszen

Post by godszen » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:08 am

"they are like the perfectly calm pond in absolute peace."

seems more like a deep ocean :roll: