GOD, and other 3 letter words

epi

Post by epi » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:53 am

maple3 wrote:
emptyprincipal wrote:i go over on Arsenal street to the Anhauser Busch place alot of the time...

To make deliveries? ... or to drink the beer? ;) :P

Wow, that's amazing you've been in my town and I didn't even know it. :o

I'm less than 10 minutes away from East St. Louis (when it's not rush hour), and less that 15 minutes from A-B. You still got my email address?
emptyprincipal wrote: yes...lets do coffee...its on me :)
Oh well, in that case, I'm gonna splurge and go for the fancy-schmancy one. \:D/
I go to ESL quite often.....we have a drop yard right up near the raceway at exit 4...i think its I-55...usualy from there we head to Chicago or way up to Wisconson.. : )
“The mind is everything... What you think... you become” ...Buddha
epi

Post by epi » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:01 am

i must apologize.........my only rage is against the fake ones

multiple identies..........aka players..(fakiers)

i tried 'ep'...and 'epi'...only to eliminate typing 'emptyprincipal'

but the host would not let me....

so be it......

:lol:

carry on

nevermind
“The mind is everything... What you think... you become” ...Buddha
awakening
Site Admin

Post by awakening » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:33 am

emptyprincipal wrote:i must apologize.........my only rage is against the fake ones

so be it......

carry on

nevermind
Hi EP

You never asked me to change your log in name. Or are you talking about another forum?
hybrid

Post by hybrid » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:32 am

aquarius wrote:sorry folks most of the time i'm silent except when i'm babbling .. hahaha
LOL
Do not seek the Truth, just drop your opinions.

you cannot seek it without thoughts
you cannot get it with thoughts - zenrin
jeff j

Post by jeff j » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:33 pm

emptyprincipal wrote: i must apologize.........my only rage is against the fake ones

so be it......

carry on

nevermind
other three letter words

let not 'epi' and the aka
but the one
be yourself, the real fictional character?
epi

Post by epi » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:38 pm

awakening wrote:
emptyprincipal wrote:i must apologize.........my only rage is against the fake ones

so be it......

carry on

nevermind
Hi EP

You never asked me to change your log in name. Or are you talking about another forum?
No i tried to make a new user name here but it would not work...

i was wanting to be epi

its alot less typing 8)
awakening
Site Admin

Post by awakening » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:44 pm

epi wrote:
awakening wrote:

so be it......

carry on

nevermind
Hi EP

No i tried to make a new user name here but it would not work...

i was wanting to be epi

its alot less typing 8)
Consider it done epi. :D
epi

Post by epi » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:44 pm

Beautiful

thanks very much :)
awakening
Site Admin

Post by awakening » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:27 pm

epi wrote:
maple3 wrote:
emptyprincipal wrote: Its not that i am angry...its just that i am kinda fed up with it all...
Okay then, fed up.

So do you ever wonder what happens to the self-important "i" and the "fed up" when the "WOW!!!" blows "you" away like that? :?:
emptyprincipal wrote: but i love the guitar....
Very glad you liked it. I thought you had already seen every good youtube... but glad I could find one for ya. :D

Love
Are you guys asking me to go away ?

do i bug you ?

despite the 'high philosophy' dont we need the 'I'...which we pretend to despise

Face to face with oblivion ?

Like i will exit the forum and you cats can go on acting out absense
Hi EP

The posting below may be too long and perhaps a bit presumptuous as I do not really know your story, but this came up in response to what you wrote. Feel free to totally ignore it. :D

As far as I know, no one is asking you to leave, but perhaps you could ask yourself why you are compelled to visit here.

I assume that you know that this is a forum inspired by non-duality and if there is no resonances with what ND represents then why seek it out?
I suspect that there is something that keeps nibbling away at the edge of what has become accepted truth.

From experience and present observation some conclusions may have been drawn. Perhaps the idea that ‘I’ am a semi autonomous character, identical with this body, and that ‘I’ exist in time and space for a while…then the lights go out in this vast and lonely universe and that’s it.
On the other hand, ND asserts that there is no separate person. That exclusive identification with the idea of being a person is seen as a kind of hypnosis, which of course cannot be known from within that hypnosis. ND also says that, since personhood as One's exlusive identity is a fiction, personal doership is also an illusion.

ND does not say that seeing it this is better than not seeing it like this…ND just claims that this is the case and that seeing and not seeing are equally IT appearing as such ideas. From this follows that, since there is no personal doership, ‘you’ as the character have no choice in whether or not this ‘message’ rings true. If it does resonate on some level though, you’ll most likely find it impossible to ignore it. Coming in contact with this message just happens…whether or not one will really ‘test’ it remains to be seen.

Perhaps this no-nonsense look on life that seems to be present in the EP character can be taken to its limits to see if there really is an individual person... Perhaps it can be checked if it is really you who is thinking or whether ‘you’ is but a self arising thought... is it really ‘you’ who are living your life, or is it live living as the ‘you character’ and everything ‘else’?

If the later happens to be true then ‘the real you’ can only be life itself. Not a mortal or immortal soul/character, but ‘the unborn presence that is’. The mind may classify this as ‘high philosophy’ but from here it seems much, much simpler than all the ideas the mind can come up with. I can best compare it to space... It is clear and obvious, but if i want to describe it -or 'grasp' it with the mind- there's not much to get a handle on.

In seeing this, the ‘external universe’ may dissolve…or one may get up and pour a cup of coffee…

It is a paradox -good for nothing and no one- yet being the ‘good’ and ‘bad’ of everyone and everything. This is both the surprise, and the certainty, that there is only One… and that you are That.... You as a character may seem to appear as a small entity in this universe, strutting your stuff, driving that big truck and drinking your beers…but it may only be ‘Your Play’.. Perhaps it is true that you are the only One… Both alone and All-One.

maple3

Post by maple3 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:54 pm

epi wrote:i was wanting to be epi
So... what's the "i" for??? :-k

;)

Love
epi

Post by epi » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:25 am

maple3 wrote:

;)

Love
epi

pi

meL

Post by meL » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:13 am

epi wrote:
maple3 wrote:

;)

Love
epi

pi

2.19 post per day at the StarGate

314 - 222 = 92

... playin with sloppy math :shock:
:D
meL

Post by meL » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:17 am

and
out
of
pure
chaos

the series 3.1415............................................

pi

e_nergy

:roll:
jeff j

Post by jeff j » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:47 pm

meL wrote:
pure
chaos
e_nergy
be yourself, the real fictional character?
empty-and-full

Post by empty-and-full » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:46 pm

awakening wrote:
epi wrote:
maple3 wrote:
emptyprincipal wrote: Its not that i am angry...its just that i am kinda fed up with it all...
Okay then, fed up.

So do you ever wonder what happens to the self-important "i" and the "fed up" when the "WOW!!!" blows "you" away like that? :?:
emptyprincipal wrote: but i love the guitar....
Very glad you liked it. I thought you had already seen every good youtube... but glad I could find one for ya. :D

Love
Are you guys asking me to go away ?

do i bug you ?

despite the 'high philosophy' dont we need the 'I'...which we pretend to despise

Face to face with oblivion ?

Like i will exit the forum and you cats can go on acting out absense
Hi EP

The posting below may be too long and perhaps a bit presumptuous as I do not really know your story, but this came up in response to what you wrote. Feel free to totally ignore it. :D

As far as I know, no one is asking you to leave, but perhaps you could ask yourself why you are compelled to visit here.

I assume that you know that this is a forum inspired by non-duality and if there is no resonances with what ND represents then why seek it out?
I suspect that there is something that keeps nibbling away at the edge of what has become accepted truth.

From experience and present observation some conclusions may have been drawn. Perhaps the idea that ‘I’ am a semi autonomous character, identical with this body, and that ‘I’ exist in time and space for a while…then the lights go out in this vast and lonely universe and that’s it.
On the other hand, ND asserts that there is no separate person.

That exclusive identification with the idea of being a person is seen as a kind of hypnosis, which of course cannot be known from within that hypnosis.

ND also says that, since personhood as One's exlusive identity is a fiction, personal doership is also an illusion.

ND does not say that seeing it this is better than not seeing it like this…ND just claims that this is the case and that seeing and not seeing are equally IT appearing as such ideas. From this follows that, since there is no personal doership, ‘you’ as the character have no choice in whether or not this ‘message’ rings true. If it does resonate on some level though, you’ll most likely find it impossible to ignore it. Coming in contact with this message just happens…whether or not one will really ‘test’ it remains to be seen.

Perhaps this no-nonsense look on life that seems to be present in the EP character can be taken to its limits to see if there really is an individual person... Perhaps it can be checked if it is really you who is thinking or whether ‘you’ is but a self arising thought... is it really ‘you’ who are living your life, or is it live living as the ‘you character’ and everything ‘else’?

If the later happens to be true then ‘the real you’ can only be life itself. Not a mortal or immortal soul/character, but ‘the unborn presence that is’. The mind may classify this as ‘high philosophy’ but from here it seems much, much simpler than all the ideas the mind can come up with. I can best compare it to space... It is clear and obvious, but if i want to describe it -or 'grasp' it with the mind- there's not much to get a handle on.

In seeing this, the ‘external universe’ may dissolve…or one may get up and pour a cup of coffee…

It is a paradox -good for nothing and no one- yet being the ‘good’ and ‘bad’ of everyone and everything. This is both the surprise, and the certainty, that there is only One… and that you are That.... You as a character may seem to appear as a small entity in this universe, strutting your stuff, driving that big truck and drinking your beers…but it may only be ‘Your Play’.. Perhaps it is true that you are the only One… Both alone and All-One.

Coming in and out of this hypnosis, can be very disconcerting at first. One poster on another board called this the "fluid state", where you come in and out of identification with the personal "me".

Luckily, in time, the hypnotic effect comes more into clarity and is seen for what it is. Presence, asserts itself. Even though being caught as the personal "self" still seems to arise now and then.

However, when everything is accepted as it is, even this falling into the illusion again is seen as just more of the play of form.

Coming out from the influence of this hypnotic effect seems to happen gradually, but truly, this is all just more story. It just happens to be the unravelling of the story.
ND does not say that seeing it this is better than not seeing it like this…ND just claims that this is the case and that seeing and not seeing are equally IT appearing as such ideas.
That's why there's no such thing as enlightenment and there's really nothing to get. However, there does seem to be a bias here towards having let go of all this story. Peace is preferable to being lost in thought.