The New Gospel...or "Really Good News"

toombaru

The New Gospel...or "Really Good News"

Post by toombaru » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:18 pm

Predating the Christ story, ancient history is replete with numerous identical mythologies.

Saviors who were born of a virgin.....and died by the cross or by other means.....were reborn...ascended to heaven....all for our sins were a dime a dozen in th ancient world.

The early Christians combined these many myths into one incoherent, contradictory story that has since been swallowed hook, line and sinker by untold millions.

This would indicate that deep within the human psyche there lies a certain nutritional imbalance that is ameliorated by such bizarre belief systems.

It could be speculated that the self is the origin of this personal dream to ease its own fear of impending doom and that the myth of Christ is an elaborate subterfuge that originates within the confusion that results from misidentification and the resulting repulsion of imaginary separation.

How else could one explain so many people believing something so ridiculous?

toombaru
meL

Post by meL » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:24 pm

hey TOOMBY

Come out of the tomb ! ! !

You don't have to do THAT anymore ! ! !

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha

...... as if You dont SEE THAT ... :D :D :D
sorry

:D
empty-and-full

Re: The New Gospel...or "Really Good News"

Post by empty-and-full » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:25 pm

toombaru wrote:Predating the Christ story, ancient history is replete with numerous identical mythologies.

Saviors who were born of a virgin.....and died by the cross or by other means.....were reborn...ascended to heaven....all for our sins were a dime a dozen in th ancient world.

The early Christians combined these many myths into one incoherent, contradictory story that has since been swallowed hook, line and sinker by untold millions.

This would indicate that deep within the human psyche there lies a certain nutritional imbalance that is ameliorated by such bizarre belief systems.

It could be speculated that the self is the origin of this personal dream to ease its own fear of impending doom and that the myth of Christ is an elaborate subterfuge that originates within the confusion that results from misidentification and the resulting repulsion of imaginary separation.

toombaru

I guess we all need more meat with our mashed potatoes. :roll:
meL

Post by meL » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:41 pm

NOW

"
I guess we all need more meat with our mashed potatoes.
"

i didnt get the above :shock: :shock:

THEN

a Female explained it to me

THEN

She offered me an apple ... all i would go for were the bananas

This is a true story ... NOW

Females are smarter than males ... dont faint.
Last edited by meL on Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
meL

Post by meL » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:42 pm

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@awakeningtothedream.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.39 Server at www.awakeningtothedream.com Port 80
Kali

Post by Kali » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:52 pm

meL wrote:Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@awakeningtothedream.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.39 Server at www.awakeningtothedream.com Port 80

Same here...

thank you Mel...

Kali
awakening
Site Admin

Post by awakening » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:43 pm

toombaru wrote:Predating the Christ story, ancient history is replete with numerous identical mythologies.

toombaru
And there are even more
who believe
in time and history....

They just do not recognize it as a belief
and take it to be a fact...

epi

Post by epi » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:43 pm

But then again.....

Some people like thier 'immortal'

Self dont mean 'me' you know. #-o

Evanescence wrote a song about it.

The Raven hair girl has it down !!!!

The real never dies

Love is a fact....

Love without wisdom is a disaster :(
meL

Post by meL » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:18 am

i switch to the news Channel

for a break.

someOne is sueing
the Salvation Army.

would someOne
please ring a bell ... its a Yoga trick

time
to
switch positions.

:shock:
meL

Post by meL » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:48 am

man
shoots,
in the back,
and kills two unarmed black men.

he knows where he is.

he doesnt SEE where he is.

someOne ring a bell
:(
michael

Post by michael » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:50 am

awakening wrote:

toombaru
And there are even more
who believe
in time and history....

yes leo... though perhaps as you were being particularly finnicky the other day :D ... it may be better expressed as...

the apparent belief in "time and history and other people suffering delusions" is experienced from even more perspectives (just about 99.999999999% of all 'humans') 8) ... apparently without the 'belief' being recognised as such... so that it appears 'real'...

yet this is utterly 'inconseqential'...

'cos as 'you' and 'I' know... though 'we' don't of course... :shock: :D

it is this same one that experiences the apparent belief in 'time and history' from every perspective...

and...

the same that seems from some perspectives to re-cognise it as an 'apparent belief'...

but it is all the same... simply being aware of different apparent beliefs... beliefs that have no power... beliefs that are just imagined by this one... imagining "I am"... 'a person believing the beliefs to be real'... :roll:

no 'person' more enlightened than any other... no 'person enlightened'... no 'person' (except as conceived)... full stop...

Love
Last edited by michael on Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
From Source to Source: an Endless Spring
michael

Post by michael » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:05 am

"I am toombaru"

"I am leo"

"I am michael"...

the 'I' in 'I am' is the same 'I'... whichever 'me' I seem to be... in the apparent moment I seem to be it...

from most perspectives the 'me' is seen as a body... separate from all other things seen... with thoughts and feelings that are 'mine'... a part of 'me'...

sometimes the 'me' is seen as the whole 'flowing moment'... all 'things' experienced from the perspective of the 'imaginary person'... changing each 'moment'...

sometimes the 'me' is seen as the sensory images... and the whole of the conception that gives the apparent moment its meaning...

sometimes the 'me' is seen as the awareness of the sensory images and the knowing of the conception... inseparable...

sometimes there is no 'me' at all...

neither 'object' nor 'subject'... nor 'not object'... nor 'not subject'... but of this... there is no saying...

Love
toombaru

Post by toombaru » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:48 am

awakening wrote:

toombaru
And there are even more
who believe
in time and history....

Dinosaur bones...........have no reason to lie.

:roll:

toombaru
michael

Post by michael » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:36 am

toombaru wrote:
awakening wrote:

toombaru
And there are even more
who believe
in time and history....

toombaru
and what do they say to you toomby... :D

Love
toombaru

Post by toombaru » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:57 am

michael wrote:
toombaru wrote:
awakening wrote:

toombaru
And there are even more
who believe
in time and history....

toombaru
and what do they say to you toomby... :D

Love

They speak of the progression of time.

toombaru