The New Gospel...or "Really Good News"

empty-and-full
Posts: 1448
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: Unknown

Post by empty-and-full » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:01 am

They speak of the progression of time.

I agree that that is definitely the appearance of things.
michael
Posts: 3816
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:13 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: The New Gospel...or "Really Good News"

Post by michael » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:10 am

toombaru wrote:
michael wrote:
toombaru wrote:
awakening wrote:
toombaru wrote:Predating the Christ story, ancient history is replete with numerous identical mythologies.

Saviors who were born of a virgin.....and died by the cross or by other means.....were reborn...ascended to heaven....all for our sins were a dime a dozen in th ancient world.

The early Christians combined these many myths into one incoherent, contradictory story that has since been swallowed hook, line and sinker by untold millions.

This would indicate that deep within the human psyche there lies a certain nutritional imbalance that is ameliorated by such bizarre belief systems.

It could be speculated that the self is the origin of this personal dream to ease its own fear of impending doom and that the myth of Christ is an elaborate subterfuge that originates within the confusion that results from misidentification and the resulting repulsion of imaginary separation.


How else could one explain so many people believing something so ridiculous?



toombaru
And there are even more
who believe
in time and history....

They just do not recognize it as a belief
and take it to be a fact...


Dinosaur bones...........have no reason to lie.


:roll:



toombaru
and what do they say to you toomby... :D

Love


They speak of the progression of time.





toombaru
and what does that tell you

Love
From Source to Source: an Endless Spring
michael
Posts: 3816
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:13 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by michael » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:11 am

empty-and-full wrote:
They speak of the progression of time.

I agree that that is definitely the appearance of things.
no doubt about that... :D

Love
From Source to Source: an Endless Spring
toombaru
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 9:02 pm
Location: There are no locations

Re: The New Gospel...or "Really Good News"

Post by toombaru » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:16 am

michael wrote:
toombaru wrote:
michael wrote:
toombaru wrote:
awakening wrote:
toombaru wrote:Predating the Christ story, ancient history is replete with numerous identical mythologies.

Saviors who were born of a virgin.....and died by the cross or by other means.....were reborn...ascended to heaven....all for our sins were a dime a dozen in th ancient world.

The early Christians combined these many myths into one incoherent, contradictory story that has since been swallowed hook, line and sinker by untold millions.

This would indicate that deep within the human psyche there lies a certain nutritional imbalance that is ameliorated by such bizarre belief systems.

It could be speculated that the self is the origin of this personal dream to ease its own fear of impending doom and that the myth of Christ is an elaborate subterfuge that originates within the confusion that results from misidentification and the resulting repulsion of imaginary separation.


How else could one explain so many people believing something so ridiculous?



toombaru
And there are even more
who believe
in time and history....

They just do not recognize it as a belief
and take it to be a fact...


Dinosaur bones...........have no reason to lie.


:roll:



toombaru
and what do they say to you toomby... :D

Love


They speak of the progression of time.





toombaru
and what does that tell you

Love



It tells the me that it exists within a reality in which time is sequential.

It tells the me that it is not different than that perception.......and that it has no reality outside of that format.



toombaru
empty-and-full
Posts: 1448
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: Unknown

Post by empty-and-full » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:50 am

.......and that it has no reality outside of that format.
You can't really know that now can you?
awakening
Site Admin
Posts: 2277
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:10 pm

Re: The New Gospel...or "Really Good News"

Post by awakening » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:11 am

michael wrote: yes leo... though perhaps as you were being particularly finnicky the other day :D ... it may be better expressed as...

the apparent belief in "time and history and other people suffering delusions"
Darn... you got me there Michael...
Apparently forgot to add apparently.. :D


awakening
Site Admin
Posts: 2277
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:10 pm

Re: The New Gospel...or "Really Good News"

Post by awakening » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:26 am

toombaru wrote:
awakening wrote:
toombaru wrote:Predating the Christ story, ancient history is replete with numerous identical mythologies.

Saviors who were born of a virgin.....and died by the cross or by other means.....were reborn...ascended to heaven....all for our sins were a dime a dozen in th ancient world.

The early Christians combined these many myths into one incoherent, contradictory story that has since been swallowed hook, line and sinker by untold millions.

This would indicate that deep within the human psyche there lies a certain nutritional imbalance that is ameliorated by such bizarre belief systems.

It could be speculated that the self is the origin of this personal dream to ease its own fear of impending doom and that the myth of Christ is an elaborate subterfuge that originates within the confusion that results from misidentification and the resulting repulsion of imaginary separation.


How else could one explain so many people believing something so ridiculous?



toombaru
And there are even more
who believe
in time and history....

They just do not recognize it as a belief
and take it to be a fact...


Dinosaur bones...........have no reason to lie.


:roll:



toombaru
They seem very convincing evidence for a past, don't they?
And indeed it is not the bones that 'lie'
it is the supposition about what they mean
that's going astray....

And yet nothing is wrong with that
as they are part of this grand illusion
involving the majestic river of time....

Wonderful vistas
crumbling and rising civilizations
along its banks,
fantastic boat rides
calm stretches
turbulent rapids
and great fish stories to tell at home..


Image

"The idea of time is only in your mind. It is not in the Self. There is no time for the Self. Time arises as an idea after the ego arises. But you are the Self beyond time and space; you exist even in the absence of time and space."

--Sri Ramana Maharshi


"Beginningless time and the present moment are the same. . . . You have only to understand that time has no real existence."

--Zen Master Huang Po


And Now it is Time to have my morning coffee... :D

Hatima
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:39 am

Post by Hatima » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:42 am

Our revels now are ended. These our actors,
As I foretold you, were all spirits and
Are melted into air, into thin air:
And, like the baseless fabric of this vision,
The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
Ye all which it inherit, shall dissolve
And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,
Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep.

Shakespeare.
meL

Post by meL » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:13 am

OH NO ... :D
here IT goes again :shock:

"
Come Sail Away With Me

"
Neon Knights

"
Children Of The Grave

as soon
as we
get close
to

dry land,
throw me
over the side.

i am
useless.
:shock:
meL

Post by meL » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:17 am

that 3:13 ......

i assert
that my
*bad luck
is Your
good luck.

i made this up.

She does the rest.
:roll:
meL

Post by meL » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:25 am

meL wrote:that 3:13 ......

i assert
that my
*bad luck
is Your
good luck.

i made this up.

She does the rest.
:roll:
NOW
"
Feel Like A Number
Stranger In Town
"

epi Surprised ( baptized )
me with the wisdom
about
making
sh*t
up.

i have an IQ of 120.

USELESS ! ... except on demand
:shock:
jeff j
Posts: 2822
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:49 pm

Re: The New Gospel...or "Really Good News"

Post by jeff j » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:44 am

toombaru wrote:
story,
history is
numerous identical mythologies
were born .....and died.....were reborn... in the world
combined
these many myths
one coherent, contradictory story
has been
could be
that
self
is the origin of
this
personal dream
and that the myth
is the confusion
that results
from imaginary separation


How else could one
explain so many people?



too r u
be yourself, the real fictional character?
michael
Posts: 3816
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:13 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: The New Gospel...or "Really Good News"

Post by michael » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:03 am

toombaru wrote:
michael wrote:
toombaru wrote:
michael wrote:
toombaru wrote:
awakening wrote:
toombaru wrote:Predating the Christ story, ancient history is replete with numerous identical mythologies.

Saviors who were born of a virgin.....and died by the cross or by other means.....were reborn...ascended to heaven....all for our sins were a dime a dozen in th ancient world.

The early Christians combined these many myths into one incoherent, contradictory story that has since been swallowed hook, line and sinker by untold millions.

This would indicate that deep within the human psyche there lies a certain nutritional imbalance that is ameliorated by such bizarre belief systems.

It could be speculated that the self is the origin of this personal dream to ease its own fear of impending doom and that the myth of Christ is an elaborate subterfuge that originates within the confusion that results from misidentification and the resulting repulsion of imaginary separation.


How else could one explain so many people believing something so ridiculous?



toombaru
And there are even more
who believe
in time and history....

They just do not recognize it as a belief
and take it to be a fact...


Dinosaur bones...........have no reason to lie.


:roll:



toombaru
and what do they say to you toomby... :D

Love


They speak of the progression of time.





toombaru
and what does that tell you

Love



It tells the me that it exists within a reality in which time is sequential.

It tells the me that it is not different than that perception.......and that it has no reality outside of that format.



toombaru
from the perspective of toombaru... what is 'time'

Love
From Source to Source: an Endless Spring
toombaru
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 9:02 pm
Location: There are no locations

Re: The New Gospel...or "Really Good News"

Post by toombaru » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:07 pm

michael wrote:
toombaru wrote:
michael wrote:
toombaru wrote:
michael wrote:
toombaru wrote:
awakening wrote:
toombaru wrote:Predating the Christ story, ancient history is replete with numerous identical mythologies.

Saviors who were born of a virgin.....and died by the cross or by other means.....were reborn...ascended to heaven....all for our sins were a dime a dozen in th ancient world.

The early Christians combined these many myths into one incoherent, contradictory story that has since been swallowed hook, line and sinker by untold millions.

This would indicate that deep within the human psyche there lies a certain nutritional imbalance that is ameliorated by such bizarre belief systems.

It could be speculated that the self is the origin of this personal dream to ease its own fear of impending doom and that the myth of Christ is an elaborate subterfuge that originates within the confusion that results from misidentification and the resulting repulsion of imaginary separation.


How else could one explain so many people believing something so ridiculous?



toombaru
And there are even more
who believe
in time and history....

They just do not recognize it as a belief
and take it to be a fact...


Dinosaur bones...........have no reason to lie.


:roll:



toombaru
and what do they say to you toomby... :D

Love


They speak of the progression of time.





toombaru
and what does that tell you

Love



It tells the me that it exists within a reality in which time is sequential.

It tells the me that it is not different than that perception.......and that it has no reality outside of that format.



toombaru
from the perspective of toombaru... what is 'time'

Love


The apparent observation of the apparent movement of apparent objects through apparent space and the appearance of apparent sequential relationship there of.



toombaru
Lydian
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:12 pm
Location: UK

Re: The New Gospel...or "Really Good News"

Post by Lydian » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:09 pm

toombaru wrote:
awakening wrote: And there are even more
who believe
in time and history....

They just do not recognize it as a belief
and take it to be a fact...


Dinosaur bones...........have no reason to lie.

:roll:


toombaru
All that can ultimately be said is that there IS no past (rather than there was no past).

And bones...... do not contradict this (THIS.)



The 'was' is totally unknowable/perplexing....... except...... as a story.

(a pretty vital one for apparent organismic functioning it seems.)


:D
Post Reply