Self Protection

toombaru

Self Protection

Post by toombaru » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:58 pm

If someone were practicing the medicine that was used two thousand years ago on your child......you would have the right to intervene.

If the captain of the airliner you were on was using the tools that the ancients used to navigate the earth two thousand years ago.......you should be alarmed.

If the social and political views of two thousand years ago were extant.......you would not be a happy camper.

If engineers were confined to the math used two thousand years ago...you wouldn't feel so safe when in those tall buildings.

........and yet...........you accept a religion that emerges from the same primitive mind set....and become offended when it is questioned.

Does that tell you anything?

toombaru :roll: :roll:
Kali

Re: Self Protection

Post by Kali » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:11 pm

toombaru wrote:If someone were practicing the medicine that was used two thousand years ago on your child......you would have the right to intervene.

If the captain of the airliner you were on was using the tools that the ancients used to navigate the earth two thousand years ago.......you should be alarmed.

If the social and political views of two thousand years ago were extant.......you would not be a happy camper.

If engineers were confined to the math used two thousand years ago...you wouldn't feel so safe when in those tall buildings.

........and yet...........you accept a religion that emerges from the same primitive mind set....and become offended when it is questioned.

I 'believe' that not everyone has been provided with the same amount of religion; some have more and some others have less: in themselves; those who have less or none of it, look outside for an outside religion...

Kali
Many Of One

Post by Many Of One » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:14 pm

toombaru wrote:If someone were practicing the medicine that was used two thousand years ago on your child......you would have the right to intervene.
Many modern medicines are synthetic versions of natural medicines used by the ancients.
toombaru wrote:If the captain of the airliner you were on was using the tools that the ancients used to navigate the earth two thousand years ago.......you should be alarmed.
If no other navigation equipment were available I would be glad that the captain had something to fall back on.
toombaru wrote:If the social and political views of two thousand years ago were extant.......you would not be a happy camper.
What makes you think I'm a happy camper with the current views?
toombaru wrote:If engineers were confined to the math used two thousand years ago...you wouldn't feel so safe when in those tall buildings.
Math, no matter how good it is, has nothing to do with how safe I feel in a tall building.
toombaru wrote:........and yet...........you accept a religion that emerges from the same primitive mind set....and become offended when it is questioned.
I accept some of the writings of the ancients that religions sprang up around. I'm not offended by other points of view about religion, just by assumptions of my reactions and some forms of questioning (not necessarily these ones).
toombaru wrote:Does that tell you anything?
It tells me that Toombaru makes many assumptions and has a low opinion of the ancients. :roll:

Oh, and that I view these things differently to Toombaru. :wink: :)
Who wrote this?
awakening
Site Admin

Post by awakening » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:43 pm

It tells me that Toombaru seems to believe really, really strongly
that there was an actual past. It tells me that Maya is doing an excellent job (on herself appearing as Toombaru) and that the One can appear totally involved in Her own dream.

Here 'the past' is seen as a presently arising 'part' of this 'super hologram' appearing here-now...timelessly...while including the convincing experience of passing time.

Presently a memory appears: I once took a ride in a 'rocket ship' in an amusement park. It tilted towards the sky, engines rumbled and from the windows we could see the receding planet earth. Of course it never left the ground and the receding planet was cleverly projected on a screen... but boy...what a ride...

maple3

Post by maple3 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:15 am

toombaru wrote:If engineers were confined to the math used two thousand years ago...you wouldn't feel so safe when in those tall buildings.
The pyramids of 2000 years ago (some say "5000" ... some say "12,000") are still standing, and are still a mystery to our current engineers. Even with our "modern" knowledge, math, and equipment, no one today can figure out how to duplicate those massive (and ancient) structures. :roll:

Love
toombaru

Post by toombaru » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:36 am

Kali wrote:

I 'believe' that not everyone has been provided with the same amount of religion; some have more and some others have less: in themselves; those who have less or none of it, look outside for an outside religion...

Kali

Mind is so inclined to fall into religiosity that it finds it difficult to believe that other minds have no belief what so ever in a creator God.

(There could only be a God if He is a creator God.)

Some say that science is a religion.

They would be wrong.

toombaru
godszen

Post by godszen » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:13 am

just stop thinking and ................
jeff j

Post by jeff j » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:56 am

thought provoking concepts
give "the old noodle" a work out,
there's options for everyone,

there is the stop thinking (effort)
there is the witty comback (effort)
there is the proven antithesis (effort)
there is the analysis of the qustion(er) (effort)

and there is usually some simple pointing out
that follows and makes it all worth while...

so, no need to panic,
none of it really matters except when it's
contectualized as point / counterpoint,
then it feels like a real conversation...

unlike a breeze through that old oak,
the one holding it's pale brown leaves in winter,
the air flows by and the leaves respond with a wave and soft clatter,
not one or the other, but both together
create this moment of perceptual joy,
some days i agree with the wind,
other days, the leaves
:lol:
be yourself, the real fictional character?
michael

Post by michael » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:04 pm

toombaru wrote:
Kali wrote:

Kali

Mind is so inclined to fall into religiosity that it finds it difficult to believe that other minds have no belief what so ever in a creator God.

(There could only be a God if He is a creator God.)

Some say that science is a religion.

They would be wrong.

toombaru
what is most amusing... is the apparent belief that 'I as toombaru' hold in the existence of 'other minds'... as 'really separate things with separate awareness and beliefs'... and not just concepts in this awareness...

also... the persistent assumption of 'others' on this forum holding a belief in a 'separate creator god'...

would all 'others' on this forum who hold such a belief please put up your hand... :D

Love
From Source to Source: an Endless Spring
michael

Post by michael » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:13 pm

jeff j wrote:thought provoking concepts

so, no need to panic,

other days, the leaves
ahhh jeff beautiful imagery... but words are just like leaves... blowing in the wind...

they sometimes pile up in corners and create an obstruction of sorts...

or they are swirled into tornadoes that appear quite threatening...

but soon someone comes around and puts them on the fire... or they are returned to the soil... rejoining the air and earth from which they sprang...

it is an eternal round dear One...

Love
jeff j

Post by jeff j » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:20 pm

michael wrote:
jeff j wrote:thought provoking concepts

so, no need to panic,

other days, the leaves
ahhh jeff beautiful imagery... but words are just like leaves... blowing in the wind...

they sometimes pile up in corners and create an obstruction of sorts...

or they are swirled into tornadoes that appear quite threatening...

but soon someone comes around and puts them on the fire... or they are returned to the soil... rejoining the air and earth from which they sprang...

it is an eternal round dear One...

Love
:D
michael

Post by michael » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:07 pm

awakening wrote:

It tells me that Toombaru seems to believe really, really strongly
that there was an actual past. It tells me that Maya is doing an excellent job (on herself appearing as Toombaru) and that the One can appear totally involved in Her own dream.

Here 'the past' is seen as a presently arising 'part' of this 'super hologram' appearing here-now...timelessly...while including the convincing experience of passing time.

Presently a memory appears: I once took a ride in a 'rocket ship' in an amusement park. It tilted towards the sky, engines rumbled and from the windows we could see the receding planet earth. Of course it never left the ground and the receding planet was cleverly projected on a screen... but boy...what a ride...

a 'hologram is a good image for conception... for it is the nature of a 'transmission hologram' (that shows 'true' 3D images) to contain the information of the whole image in every part of the hologram...

however, the image of a 'transmission hologram' (not those that appear on credit cards and the like which are 'reflection holograms') cannot be seen by looking directly at the hologram... only as the hologram is illuminated by monochromatic light... is the image apparent...

like the hologram... the conception of 'things' is not as they appear... but as they are known (it is 'information'... not 'substance')... each thing 'defined' by reference to all other things... so each 'thing' 'contains' everything else...

and like the hologram... this conception cannot be seen or felt or sensed in any way... until it is illuminated by sensation... and then what appears is not the conception itself... but an image of it...

of course... the 'hologram' is itself only an image of this 'conception'...

no doubt leo uses the image of a hologram in the same way 'michael' uses the image of a computer and software and screen and person... 'poetically'... to 'illuminate' 'aspects' of this that is whole...

impossible to say 'what' knowing/known 'is'... only that it is...

and yes... what 'toombaru' says... tells 'me' also that the conception of time seems very real from the perspective of toombaru...

but the analogies quoted 'by toombaru' have no bearing on the words of scripture... for they refer to this that has never changed... this that is not subject to time... this that is the same that seemed to hear the words when they were first spoken... the same that now seems to live as toombaru... and the same that seems now to live as michael...

Love
jeff j

Post by jeff j » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:29 pm

a little story
(for awakening's amusement) :D [kiss]
i was out shoveling the driveway this morning,
sun coming up,
oaks rustling :D
we got hit with three big storms in a row...
yesterday we got a call from an aquaintance who was stuck
it was snowing hard,
i went over with a couple of shovels...
this person is suffering / struggling with depression,
he had not bothered to dig out the last two storms,
and rather than clear the exit,
tried to ram his way thru, and got stuck half way out...
we shoveled and worked at getting him unstuck,
had a few laughs, but no progress,
funally i had to push him back in,
then we cleared a way out and he was on his way...
he just recently found a therapist
to help him work his way out of old his story...

life is a model
awakening
Site Admin

Post by awakening » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:37 pm

jeff j wrote:a little story
sun coming up,
it was snowing hard,
Lovely.... :D
jeff j wrote:life is a model
And doesn't she look gorgeous? ...

http://bp0.blogger.com/_ZGGelwkr-Fw/Rlf ... CT0121.jpg

toombaru

Post by toombaru » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:00 pm

jeff j wrote:a little story
sun coming up,
it was snowing hard,

life is a model

nnniiiiccceee

toombaru