New Start:April 2010

michael

Post by michael » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:57 am

makara wrote:This one is in Australia - so opposite time zone.
where abouts makara? I'm in OZ too... Melbourne

I used to post here, it was a place of gentleness... and Love.

It is nice to see it unfolding once again...

Love
From Source to Source: an Endless Spring
makara

Post by makara » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:24 am

Hi Aquarius! Well I do enjoy a cup of instant coffee but don't drink at cafes (cappuccinos etc). Only drank tea for ages but not long ago felt like an instant coffee in the afternoon. I can take it or leave it.
Yes, I have a bike and ride it often ... or walk.
You are nothing other, than all your memories (The known)... life, is only ever built now, ever new...
. That is well put Aquarius and makes sense. Will carry that with me for a while.
________

Phil ... yr mother was Don Genaro ... you poor thing .. no wonder it took ages to get over it! :lol: Still I enjoyed those stories very much and think of them now in the light of non duality ... Don Juan's teaching Carlos to 'lose his personal history' ... aspects like that.

Hello Michael in Melbourne ... here is northern NSW. Wish it was Melbourne as my daughter & 2 grandkids have just moved there because my daughter's husband couldn't find work in NSW when last job ended ... so he's working on the western Bridge now.

Yes ... as you say a place of gentleness & love. As the struggle occurs there is much support & encouragement here for me.

Joke: I gave up coffee and cigarettes.
It was the worst day of my life!
phil

Post by phil » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:01 pm

aquarius wrote:The reason i decided to give up the caffeine, was because, i'd started experiencing dizziness, and fainting episodes, also some heart palpitations.
After doing some research into these symptoms, it transpired that caffeine was the culprit.
I didn't have fainting episodes, but apart from that, my story is exactly the same. 8)
Just how long is this eternal damnation supposed to last anyway...?
makara

Post by makara » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:26 am

Amazing experiences in giving up coffee. Cafe life occurred daily for many years then without thinking about it one day 'i' stopped. Had heard about withdrawals but .... nothing, nada.
So what coffee was to you holding on with the mind is to me.
Headaches, dizziness ... yeah ... all that as the finger-nails dig in resisting letting go ... maybe there will be a fainting from which i awake without myself any more. Now that sounds inviting!

Mind .. makes one wonder about those folk (Italians, French, Spaniards ... ) who imbibe strong expresso daily and often several times a day. Mad latins? Maybe this is why they start fires after loosing football matches?
Libra

Post by Libra » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:38 pm

I gave up
giving up

:lol:

hi makara [wink]
aquarius

Post by aquarius » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:00 pm

makara wrote:Amazing experiences in giving up coffee. Cafe life occurred daily for many years then without thinking about it one day 'i' stopped. Had heard about withdrawals but .... nothing, nada.
So what coffee was to you holding on with the mind is to me.
Headaches, dizziness ... yeah ... all that as the finger-nails dig in resisting letting go ... maybe there will be a fainting from which i awake without myself any more. Now that sounds inviting!

Mind .. makes one wonder about those folk (Italians, French, Spaniards ... ) who imbibe strong expresso daily and often several times a day. Mad latins? Maybe this is why they start fires after loosing football matches?
It's different strokes for different folks i suppose.
Not all people are affected by caffeine intake.
It only started to effect me adversely in my 40's, and up until then, i'd tolerated it ok.

All i know now, is that i feel 100% better after giving up the stuff, all of my symptoms have vanished without a trace.
Now i'm 52 and never felt so young, energetic, vibrant and alive in all my life.
They say life begins at 40, and they're not wrong.

Also, when one comes into phase with the light of ''Cosmic Consciousness' their true self,
seeing the light, walking in the light,which is just another symbolic representation of ''Awakening to the Dream''
One can even feel the effects of age reversal ... but i'm only speaking from my own personal experiential observation.

It's amazing.....!

___
:shock:
phil

Post by phil » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:20 pm

Libra wrote:I gave up
giving up
I tried to do this.

But I had to give up.

empty-and-full

Post by empty-and-full » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:22 pm

phil wrote:
Libra wrote:I gave up
giving up
I tried to do this.

But I had to give up.

giving up is great

until even that is seen thru

any movement whatsoever to help yourself is too much

why?

'cause it reinforces the illusion there's someone there that needs help :roll:
:)
makara

Post by makara » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:16 am

I gave up
giving up

hi makara
hi Libra [wink]
Watch out Aquarius ... have recently seen 'The Strange Case of Benjamin Button" (about a guy who lives backwards ... returns to being a infant then the movie ends ... cop out ... was waiting to go right back with him :D

Thanks e-&-f for the reminder ... here such reminders are needed every two hours ... two 1000mg doses each time ... taken with the words:
No matter what appears to be
There is no me, no me, no me,
Just a bit of clay with breaths,
And the big guy* who does all the rest.

Post by Wes » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:22 pm

Hello all.Wes is the name.Thought i'd pop in and say hello.Last time i came here was just before it was closed down and it appeared that the place was taken over by a bunch of loonies or maybe they were just so far advanced that i didn't understand them.Anyhow it's time for my caffeine fix via Mountain Dew so have a nice day and hopefully i'll be able to add a little something now and again.Peace.
tpb

Post by tpb » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:42 pm

makara wrote:maybe there will be a fainting from which i awake without myself any more. Now that sounds inviting!
Hi, Makara. Your post reminded me of something Nathan Gill wrote:
Suddenly it became clear that these events where the ‘I’ suddenly disappears can actually be very confusing, so far as clarity is concerned. Such an event may last a few seconds or ten years or more, but unless the ‘I’ is seen for what it is – as simply a thought – then when this ‘I’ returns, there is a sense of loss, a sense of confinement in being an identified character again. As the identified character, the desire arises for more of this ‘enlightenment’, and there is the sense of being back in the agitation and tension of the play of seeking.

Now it was seen that all of life is a great play. There is only ever knowing, but this knowing is seemingly veiled by the mesmerisation with the ‘I’ thought and all the other thoughts that appear as ‘my’ story. Our true nature as Consciousness is awareness and the appearances. The ‘I’ is simply a part of the scenery, as are all the other various images, and when it is seen through – or seen for what it is – then seeking and tension fall naturally away.

It was clear also that this seeing through the ‘I’ is not necessarily a sudden happening, but may appear to happen gradually, as part of the play of life. And rather than in a rush of blissfulness, the natural ease of being is gently, gradually revealed.

The confusion was gone. I no longer required any event or sudden dropping of the ‘I’ to prove my nature as Consciousness. It was clear that the whole of my life and ‘spiritual’ search was arising as a play in Consciousness, and I understood the confusion around this whole issue, why ‘spirituality’ and ‘enlightenment’ are confused with simple clarity. This recognition of my true nature was not associated with any kind of event. It was clear that an event of any kind is easily confusing if it occurs without clarity – which is the seeing through of the ‘I’ and the thought story.
I found this description very helpful, that once the nature of the 'I' is understood (it's just an idea, a thought), its presence or absence doesn't matter. It's not necessary for it to go away, it's not necessary for it to remain. It's just a thought, coming and going with all the other thoughts. How could a thought do anything?

It was also important for "me" (ironic smile) to see that what is perceiving and what is perceived are not two different things, not separate. The perceiving and what is perceived are activities arising in awareness, both part of the same awareness. Until that understanding happened, there was a sense of isolation and alienation that was painful and depressing.
phil

Post by phil » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:15 pm

wes wrote:the place was taken over by a bunch of loonies or maybe they were just so far advanced that i didn't understand them.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brilliant....

Thanks Wes.
Nathan Gill wrote:
...seeking and tension fall naturally away.

And rather than in a rush of blissfulness, the natural ease of being is gently, gradually revealed.

‘spirituality’ and ‘enlightenment’ are confused with simple clarity.
8) 8)

Just as good, but in a different way.

Thanks tpb
empty-and-full

Post by empty-and-full » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:55 am

Thanks e-&-f for the reminder ... here such reminders are needed every two hours ... two 1000mg doses each time ... taken with the words:
No matter what appears to be
There is no me, no me, no me,
actually it's not true either that there's no me

you can say there's no me when you realize there's no "me"

but it's still not true

because all you're really saying is that the thought that there was a me was an illusion and was not true

what is true

the actuality of reality itself

this aware space

which is neither yours nor mine...

it's beyond words

words can only point to it

It simply IS
empty-and-full

Post by empty-and-full » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:59 am

till the cows come home...

till the chickens come home to roost... :roll:

till hell freezes over... :lol:
maple3

Re: New Start:April 2010

Post by maple3 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:20 am

makara wrote:There is no-one to talk with as this material is too difficult and would lead to being committed if one went out preaching (ha ha).
I once spent 2 whole days laughing at the fact that as soon as you realize there's no one to talk to, you want to run right out and tell a bunch of no-bodies that there's no one to talk to. :lol:
makara wrote:Somedays I'm the bug, somedays the windscreen.
... and some days I bet you're even the wind... ;)

... and, Leo, again as always, thanks for everything, and nothing... =D>