eNIgMa

cimages
Posts: 669
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:14 am

eNIgMa

Post by cimages » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:29 pm

Definition of enigma (noun)

mystery; secret; perplexity; puzzle; riddle............you.

But!........There is no you!...........According to whom?

'THIS'........ is the Enigma.

Peace! 8) ....Just be Cool!
Last edited by cimages on Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toombaru
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 9:02 pm
Location: There are no locations

Re: Enigma

Post by toombaru » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:32 pm

cimages wrote:Definition of enigma (noun)

mystery; secret; perplexity; puzzle; riddle............you.

But!........There is no you!...........According to whom?

'THIS'........ is the Enigma.

Peace! 8) ....Just be Cool!



Only to the conceptual mind.


toombaru
cimages
Posts: 669
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:14 am

Re: Enigma

Post by cimages » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:37 pm

toombaru wrote:
cimages wrote:Definition of enigma (noun)

mystery; secret; perplexity; puzzle; riddle............you.

But!........There is no you!...........According to whom?

'THIS'........ is the Enigma.

Peace! 8) ....Just be Cool!
Only to the conceptual mind.
toombaru
But!.....there is no "conceptual mind"!

Only that which does the conceptualizing!

Well!............what is that?

'THIS'..........is the Enigma.

Peace! 8) ...Just be Cool!
wizdumb
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:58 pm

metanoia

Post by wizdumb » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:53 pm

I need to get a life, (or an after life).
cimages writes:
mystery; secret; perplexity; puzzle; riddle............you.

But!........There is no you!...........According to whom?

'THIS'........ is the Enigma.
Would you consider KOANS as a definition.
cimages
Posts: 669
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:14 am

Re: metanoia

Post by cimages » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:14 pm

wizdumb wrote:I need to get a life, (or an after life).
This is the wisest thing that have ever been expressed on this forum. Now this is something worth persuing. So I am now off on a new adventure.

But before I go boys & girls there is this original tune that is playing in my head that I just thought up. It could be a big hit so no plagarizing now. But this is going to be my theme song for my adventure, this is an original now so no copying it.

I'm off to see the Wizard.....The wonderful Wizard of Oz!


Peace! 8)
toombaru
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 9:02 pm
Location: There are no locations

Re: metanoia

Post by toombaru » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:30 pm

wizdumb wrote:I need to get a life, (or an after life).
cimages writes:
mystery; secret; perplexity; puzzle; riddle............you.

But!........There is no you!...........According to whom?

'THIS'........ is the Enigma.
Would you consider KOANS as a definition.


Do you like it here better then in the summer?


toombaru
michael
Posts: 3816
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:13 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by michael » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:54 am

Only c says it is a puzzle... and there really is no c... so what's the puzzle? 8)

What's knowable and what's unknowable is clear... without question, without doubt.

Impossible to know the unknowable.
Impossible to unknow (forget) the known.

Love
From Source to Source: an Endless Spring
cimages
Posts: 669
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:14 am

Post by cimages » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:40 pm

michael wrote:Only c says it is a puzzle... and there really is no c... so what's the puzzle? 8)
Love
c

According to whom?

'THIS'....is the Enigma

It's like...."CONCEPTS"......which everything is....Where do concepts originate?......Hmmmmmmnnn....'THIS'...is the Enigma.....& on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on etc.

This is what's called in the scientific community a tangled hierarchy of self reference from which the illusion of you is created. Or a von Neumann chain where as everything is continously & circularly comes or is referenced back to it's self or original statement thus forming a chain into infinity.

There really is no logical answer while you're in it & can only observe what is occurring from above or outside. But there is no above or outside.

'THIS'...is the Enigma

Peace!
michael
Posts: 3816
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:13 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by michael » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:56 pm

cimages wrote:This is what's called in the scientific community a tangled hierarchy of self reference from which the illusion of you is created. Or a von Neumann chain where as everything is continously & circularly comes or is referenced back to it's self or original statement thus forming a chain into infinity.
Yes, impossble to conceive of any 'thing' in isolation... each 'thing' taking its meaning from every other 'thing'.

Impossible to conceive of that which conceives this.

Love
From Source to Source: an Endless Spring
cimages
Posts: 669
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:14 am

Post by cimages » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:07 am

michael wrote:
cimages wrote:This is what's called in the scientific community a tangled hierarchy of self reference from which the illusion of you is created. Or a von Neumann chain where as everything is continously & circularly comes or is referenced back to it's self or original statement thus forming a chain into infinity.
Yes, impossble to conceive of any 'thing' in isolation... each 'thing' taking its meaning from every other 'thing'.

Impossible to conceive of that which conceives this.

Love
YEEEEEESSSSSSS!.......'THIS'.....is the Enigma.


Peace.
toombaru
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 9:02 pm
Location: There are no locations

Post by toombaru » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:53 am

cimages wrote:
michael wrote:
cimages wrote:This is what's called in the scientific community a tangled hierarchy of self reference from which the illusion of you is created. Or a von Neumann chain where as everything is continously & circularly comes or is referenced back to it's self or original statement thus forming a chain into infinity.
Yes, impossble to conceive of any 'thing' in isolation... each 'thing' taking its meaning from every other 'thing'.

Impossible to conceive of that which conceives this.

Love
YEEEEEESSSSSSS!.......'THIS'.....is the Enigma.


Peace.



There is no illusion.......no enigma.

There is identification with limitation.....and the resulting confusion.

toombaru
cimages
Posts: 669
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:14 am

Post by cimages » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:15 am

toombaru wrote: There is no illusion.......no enigma.

There is identification with limitation.....and the resulting confusion.

toombaru
Identification by whom?

'THIS'....is the Enigma.


Peace!
toombaru
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 9:02 pm
Location: There are no locations

Post by toombaru » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:21 am

cimages wrote:
toombaru wrote: There is no illusion.......no enigma.

There is identification with limitation.....and the resulting confusion.

toombaru
Identification by whom?

'THIS'....is the Enigma.


Peace!

The 'whom' emerges downstream from the confusion.

There is no 'whom'.

There is no enigma.


toombaru
cimages
Posts: 669
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:14 am

Post by cimages » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:46 am

toombaru wrote:
cimages wrote:
toombaru wrote: There is no illusion.......no enigma.

There is identification with limitation.....and the resulting confusion.

toombaru
Identification by whom?

'THIS'....is the Enigma.

Peace!
The 'whom' emerges downstream from the confusion.

There is no 'whom'.

There is no enigma.
According to whom?

'THIS'........is the Enigma. :lol:

Peace!
michael
Posts: 3816
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:13 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by michael » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:51 am

Ah yes, the idea of 'here' and 'there', is indeed an idea.

The idea that 'here' and 'there' are other than ideas is a confusing idea: it confuses ‘reality’ (that which perceives) with ‘appearance’ (that which is ‘perceived’)… though no one is confounded by knowing this! :?

Confused?

… not really

In knowing the meaning of words, all that is known is 'meaning'.

All the while that which knows the meaning remains as it is... neither confused nor not confused - simply knowing.

In 'not knowing', everything is known.

Love
From Source to Source: an Endless Spring
Post Reply