Women Are Smart.

makara
Posts: 1341
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:09 am
Location: By the ocean, ready for the big one.

Post by makara » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:58 am

In the total absence of 'thought' there would be totally 'no thinking' this is impossible.....
in the total absence of thought, the thought of being separate wouldn't even arise in the first place, again impossible.
How can the absence of 'thought' reveal anything? that kind of thinking is just another example of nondual typical semantic nonsense.
Hi Aqua ...must be pretty late at night there ...
Perhaps you might like to revise the paragraph above.
aquarius
Posts: 2408
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 4:07 pm
Location: The united kingdom of heaven

Post by aquarius » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:27 pm

makara wrote:
In the total absence of 'thought' there would be totally 'no thinking' this is impossible.....
in the total absence of thought, the thought of being separate wouldn't even arise in the first place, again impossible.
How can the absence of 'thought' reveal anything? that kind of thinking is just another example of nondual typical semantic nonsense.
Hi Aqua ...must be pretty late at night there ...
Perhaps you might like to revise the paragraph above.
There needs to be a thought in the first place, that knows/reveals the fact that there is no thinker of thought.

To blindly state that the absence of thought reveals something, implies there is presence of thought.

Therefore thoughts of 'presence' or 'absence' cancel each other out.
I love talking about nothing ...
it is the only thing i know anything about.
makara
Posts: 1341
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:09 am
Location: By the ocean, ready for the big one.

Post by makara » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:37 am

Oh ... ok. That makes sense.
maple3
Posts: 1065
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:25 am
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Post by maple3 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:45 am

aquarius wrote:
maple3 wrote: Some might say that "HOME" is the letting go of the thought that thought can take us on a journey or bring us home.
One cannot let go of a thought.....how absurd, virtually impossible.
No, not absurd, and not impossible either.
One cannot let go of a thought.....
Um, okay... but has a thought ever let go of "you"? (so to speak?)
aquarius wrote:In the total absence of 'thought' there would be totally 'no thinking' this is impossible.....
in the total absence of thought, the thought of being separate wouldn't even arise in the first place, again impossible.
How can the absence of 'thought' reveal anything? that kind of thinking is just another example of nondual typical semantic nonsense.
Nonsense? Probably more like a missed-understanding... (which of course is also non-sensed ;)).

Okay, I phrased it as an absence of thought, but I could just as well have called it "unhinged thoughts." It's just a manner of speaking, or a way of pointing, or perhaps a shift in perspective?

In fact, I have it on very good authority that thoughts can become completely unhinged from awareness... :shock:

... UN-hinged... yes. :roll:

... and "unhinged" is just a way of saying thoughts can become separated from awareness, (which of course is dualistic, and is not a nondualistic way of explaining it. But oh well, mere words can only do so much.)

...but if/when the unhinge-ing happens, just don't try to tell a non-nondualist about it, because they would most likely insist on counseling with a "professional." [-X
fox
Posts: 821
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:07 am
Location: Switzerland

Post by fox » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:50 am

And then there was this:
Nature has given women so much power that the law has very wisely given them little.

(Samuel Johnson)
:wink: 8)
ANNA
Posts: 4093
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:11 pm

Post by ANNA » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:18 am

maple3 wrote:
aquarius wrote:
maple3 wrote: Some might say that "HOME" is the letting go of the thought that thought can take us on a journey or bring us home.
One cannot let go of a thought.....how absurd, virtually impossible.
No, not absurd, and not impossible either.
One cannot let go of a thought.....
Um, okay... but has a thought ever let go of "you"? (so to speak?)
aquarius wrote:In the total absence of 'thought' there would be totally 'no thinking' this is impossible.....
in the total absence of thought, the thought of being separate wouldn't even arise in the first place, again impossible.
How can the absence of 'thought' reveal anything? that kind of thinking is just another example of nondual typical semantic nonsense.
Nonsense? Probably more like a missed-understanding... (which of course is also non-sensed ;)).

Okay, I phrased it as an absence of thought, but I could just as well have called it "unhinged thoughts." It's just a manner of speaking, or a way of pointing, or perhaps a shift in perspective?

In fact, I have it on very good authority that thoughts can become completely unhinged from awareness... :shock:

... UN-hinged... yes. :roll:

... and "unhinged" is just a way of saying thoughts can become separated from awareness, (which of course is dualistic, and is not a nondualistic way of explaining it. But oh well, mere words can only do so much.)

...but if/when the unhinge-ing happens, just don't try to tell a non-nondualist about it, because they would most likely insist on counseling with a "professional." [-X

Hi maple3, :)

I always have enjoyed your posts,
Its been so long time….ehhhhh


Welcome back, or you never left…lol :wink:

Yes, there is agreement here
or we may say
resonance………


UN-hinged” thoughts …lol :)

Yes, it is so...very accurate said 8)
and an inspiration for a haiku:



Flying fluffy clouds
Nowhere to hinge
Open fields................



......and an other poem......


my light-legs -
a tail of a dolphin navigate
through the Flow

my hands -
huge bursts of light, emanating out
into environment

floating, soaring,
intermingle, overlapping
sharing light and sound
of US

ever_present
NOW
Ocean of Light…..







keep posting, dear .......

:)
aquarius
Posts: 2408
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 4:07 pm
Location: The united kingdom of heaven

Post by aquarius » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:51 pm

maple3 wrote:
aquarius wrote:
maple3 wrote: Some might say that "HOME" is the letting go of the thought that thought can take us on a journey or bring us home.
One cannot let go of a thought.....how absurd, virtually impossible.
No, not absurd, and not impossible either.
One cannot let go of a thought.....
Um, okay... but has a thought ever let go of "you"? (so to speak?)
aquarius wrote:In the total absence of 'thought' there would be totally 'no thinking' this is impossible.....
in the total absence of thought, the thought of being separate wouldn't even arise in the first place, again impossible.
How can the absence of 'thought' reveal anything? that kind of thinking is just another example of nondual typical semantic nonsense.
Nonsense? Probably more like a missed-understanding... (which of course is also non-sensed ;)).

Okay, I phrased it as an absence of thought, but I could just as well have called it "unhinged thoughts." It's just a manner of speaking, or a way of pointing, or perhaps a shift in perspective?

In fact, I have it on very good authority that thoughts can become completely unhinged from awareness... :shock:

... UN-hinged... yes. :roll:

... and "unhinged" is just a way of saying thoughts can become separated from awareness, (which of course is dualistic, and is not a nondualistic way of explaining it. But oh well, mere words can only do so much.)

...but if/when the unhinge-ing happens, just don't try to tell a non-nondualist about it, because they would most likely insist on counseling with a "professional." [-X
Agreed, and thank you for the clarification ... :wink:

I do understand what you are saying now, maple.

Thoughts are dualistic, dualistic thought can make it appear that there are two here, but a thought cannot be a thing? this is just a phantom make believing the idea.

Is that what you meant?
I love talking about nothing ...
it is the only thing i know anything about.
aquarius
Posts: 2408
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 4:07 pm
Location: The united kingdom of heaven

Post by aquarius » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:57 pm

maple3 wrote:
...but if/when the unhinge-ing happens, just don't try to tell a non-nondualist about it, because they would most likely insist on counseling with a "professional." [-X
:lol:
I love talking about nothing ...
it is the only thing i know anything about.
Libra
Posts: 518
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:03 pm

Post by Libra » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:22 pm

women are smart
maple3
Posts: 1065
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:25 am
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Post by maple3 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:23 am

ANNA wrote:Hi maple3, :)

I always have enjoyed your posts,
Its been so long time….ehhhhh


Welcome back, or you never left…lol :wink:

Yes, there is agreement here
or we may say
resonance………

[... snipped ... to save a bit of space ;)]
Anna, OMG very lovely poetry...
...hitting the indescribable nail on the head, yes... =D>

..."resonance" indeed.
Thank you so much for bringing a cheering smile to this heart. And even when I don't make it so apparent, my heart is truly never far away from the ATTD forum. [kiss]
aquarius wrote:Agreed, and thank you for the clarification ... ;)

I do understand what you are saying now, maple.

Thoughts are dualistic, dualistic thought can make it appear that there are two here, but a thought cannot be a thing? this is just a phantom make believing the idea.

Is that what you meant?
Yes, that's it. Thoughts can be very convincing, but are really just fickle no-things that "we" mistakenly believe are real. Thoughts can change, up/down, left/right, right/wrong. But the Awareness of those thoughts is like the unchanging ground onto which our frivolous thoughts appear. While Awareness and thought seem to be so closely linked that they appear to be the same exact thing, as if in total lockstep, they really aren't. Despite their apparent clinginess there are occasions when thoughts can be let go, or come "unhinged," or get out of "lockstep." Maybe an event triggers a thought-disconnect. But it can also happen without any apparent cause, (or perhaps with intense self-investigation?). After that it may be difficult to take your (or others') thoughts so seriously.

And much of non-duality "semantics" involves discussing the undeniable unavoidable irrelevance of thought, often referred to as ...

... Awakening to the Dream ... [wink]
ANNA
Posts: 4093
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:11 pm

Post by ANNA » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:36 am

maple3 wrote:
ANNA wrote:Hi maple3, :)

I always have enjoyed your posts,
Its been so long time….ehhhhh


Welcome back, or you never left…lol :wink:

Yes, there is agreement here
or we may say
resonance………

[... snipped ... to save a bit of space ;)]
Anna, OMG very lovely poetry...
...hitting the indescribable nail on the head, yes... =D>

..."resonance" indeed.
Thank you so much for bringing a cheering smile to this heart. And even when I don't make it so apparent, my heart is truly never far away from the ATTD forum. [kiss]
aquarius wrote:Agreed, and thank you for the clarification ... ;)

I do understand what you are saying now, maple.

Thoughts are dualistic, dualistic thought can make it appear that there are two here, but a thought cannot be a thing? this is just a phantom make believing the idea.

Is that what you meant?
Yes, that's it. Thoughts can be very convincing, but are really just fickle no-things that "we" mistakenly believe are real. Thoughts can change, up/down, left/right, right/wrong. But the Awareness of those thoughts is like the unchanging ground onto which our frivolous thoughts appear. While Awareness and thought seem to be so closely linked that they appear to be the same exact thing, as if in total lockstep, they really aren't. Despite their apparent clinginess there are occasions when thoughts can be let go, or come "unhinged," or get out of "lockstep." Maybe an event triggers a thought-disconnect. But it can also happen without any apparent cause, (or perhaps with intense self-investigation?). After that it may be difficult to take your (or others') thoughts so seriously.

And much of non-duality "semantics" involves discussing the undeniable unavoidable irrelevance of thought, often referred to as ...

... Awakening to the Dream ... [wink]



nothing to add
autumn wink, fallen leafs
kiss...



[ok] [wink] =D> [kiss]
Post Reply