About quote boxes

awakening
Site Admin

About quote boxes

Post by awakening » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:39 am

When quote boxes within boxes, within boxes...... are repeated and repeated, they take up more and more space on the server's hard disk. Please only keep the portion of the quote you're responding to and delete the rest.

Code: Select all

As long as you open a quote box with [quote] and end it with [/quote]
it will appear properly.

See, when using the 'quoted' part of the above text in this posting, it will appear like this:
and end it with
angela

Re: About quote boxes

Post by angela » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:43 am

awakening wrote:Please only keep the portion of the quote you're responding to and delete the rest.
OK, your wish is my command, :D
maple3

Post by maple3 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:00 pm

awakening wrote:Please only keep the portion of the quote you're responding to and delete the rest.
Yes Leo, a very good tip/suggestion. And besides the problem of taking up space on the server, I actually bypass posts/threads like that, because it seems like too much clutter, and interferes with my being able to follow the discussion.
Kali

Post by Kali » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:55 pm

maple3 wrote:
Yes Leo, a very good tip/suggestion. And besides the problem of taking up space on the server, I actually bypass posts/threads like that, because it seems like too much clutter, and interferes with my being able to follow the discussion.
How do you post several clips from different previous threads? Or how do you break one large quote down in small chunks to which I can give replies on the same post?

Many thanks

Kali
awakening
Site Admin

Post by awakening » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:18 pm

Kali wrote:
maple3 wrote:
How do you post several clips from different previous threads? Or how do you break one large quote down in small chunks to which I can give replies on the same post?

Many thanks

Kali
Hi Kali

Welcome to the forum.

When you respond to a post by clicking on the 'quote' button in the top right corner the whole posting will be quoted.

When you do that you will get an editable text box where you can experiment a bit. Also above the text box you will see some buttons to play with. You can use the 'preview' button under that box to see how you're doing.

Basically the code for quotes looks like this:

Code: Select all

[quote="Kali"]text [/quote]
And will appear as:
Kali wrote:text
Hope this helps.

Tyler

Post by Tyler » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:55 pm

awakening wrote:
Hope this helps.

Yes. Many Thanks. :!: