Financial considerations?

maple3

Financial considerations?

Post by maple3 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:32 pm

This from the newsletter caught my attention...
Dear Readers.

This newsletter started almost four years ago and is now hundred editions young. Two books do their best to help pay for this website, its forum and news letter. Now, if any of you did read those books, perhaps you could help by entering a review at Amazon.com. Both, Awakening To The Dream and From Self to Self could use your input.
Leo, I suspect you might not even like this idea, but can't there also be a way for us to make donations towards the financial maintenance of the board?
awakening
Site Admin

Re: Financial considerations?

Post by awakening » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:45 pm

maple3 wrote:This from the newsletter caught my attention...
Dear Readers.

This newsletter started almost four years ago and is now hundred editions young. Two books do their best to help pay for this website, its forum and news letter. Now, if any of you did read those books, perhaps you could help by entering a review at Amazon.com. Both, Awakening To The Dream and From Self to Self could use your input.
Leo, I suspect you might not even like this idea, but can't there also be a way for us to make donations towards the financial maintenance of the board?
No matter whether or not i like the idea (in a practical sense).... the thought is sweet and much appreciated. So thank you Maple...
maple3

Post by maple3 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:48 am

Okay, I'll admit I'm "sweet" ;)... and I don't want to be a pest either, but I'm completely sincere. Is there a way to set this up so we could make donations? C'mon Leo, won't you please let some of us help with this?
stacey

Post by stacey » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:30 pm

It never even entered my mind until reading these posts that it cost money to have a forum and a website...but then again...is anything ever free?

I would be interested in contributing a donation.
Aurora

Post by Aurora » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:14 pm

I would also be interested in contributing a donation!

This forum is very nice. A strange and wonderful place where the ordinary way of seeing things is the unordinary!
jeff j

Post by jeff j » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:18 pm

http://www.kalliopeia.org/

a funding source for productive experiments like this forum,
perhaps we gather these "testimonials" may add up
an be considered as part of the application,
which it seems you might consider dear leo,
15000 posts and counting is nothing to sneeze at
~god bless you~
an annual member ship fee also seems fair,
reasonable and well worth the price,
how much we talkin' about here?
:) :)
love, and i'm in, if costs are prohibitive,
then we must share the costs for the space,
~and could someone turn the heat up!

all for one and one for all! :lol:
be yourself, the real fictional character?
maple3

Post by maple3 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:44 am

Ahh, I'm glad to see you other good folks chiming in :D I've been posting here for 3 years, and Leo has always been VERY generous with us, making us all welcome here, freely sharing whatever he can offer, while not wanting anything monetary from us. I suspect he is really loathe to ask or accept help, but I think it's only right and fair that we should chip in if it's needed. I like the idea of donations better than member fees. As my local public TV station says, "check out what we offer, then if you like it, you can decide afterwards if you'd like to contribute." I think that would work here. I think membership fees upfront would turn some away. But donations miight work just fine. If Leo would just set something up, give us access to a handy little button we could click, that would make it real convenient for us.

So... Leo... what say you? :?:
awakening
Site Admin

Post by awakening » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:29 am

Dear Friends

I'm grateful for the response, and perhaps I'll figure out a way to put a donation link on the site.

For the moment I'm not sure if I will continue this for much longer and it wouldn't feel right to accept your (financial) support in this situation. (But if any of you wins the lottery, or is really very, very rich, well in that case... :lol:)

But again thank you.... and as even 'my' next thought is unknown until it pops up, let's see what's going to happen.

"Que sera, sera,
Whatever will be, will be."
angela

Post by angela » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:50 pm

I'd at least like to express my appreciation, Leo....I feel I have learned a great deal from this forum....it's been a unique experience for me I think.
awakening
Site Admin

Post by awakening » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:03 pm

angela wrote:I'd at least like to express my appreciation, Leo....I feel I have learned a great deal from this forum....it's been a unique experience for me I think.
And nice to see you still here Angela.
so

Post by so » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:15 am

Gratitude loves it when allowed to be expressed. Donation toward this site, therefore all of you, :wink: would be good for my gratitude.
And Leo, aaahhh, however you want it is fine.
Many Of One

Post by Many Of One » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:24 pm

Love will overcome.
Who wrote this?
so

Post by so » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:10 pm

Love is writing....always.
awakening
Site Admin

Post by awakening » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:44 pm

so wrote:Love is writing....always.
And So It Is. :D
meL

Post by meL » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:48 pm

awakening wrote:Dear Friends

I'm grateful for the response, and perhaps I'll figure out a way to put a donation link on the site.

For the moment I'm not sure if I will continue this for much longer and it wouldn't feel right to accept your (financial) support in this situation. (But if any of you wins the lottery, or is really very, very rich, well in that case... :lol:)

But again thank you.... and as even 'my' next thought is unknown until it pops up, let's see what's going to happen.

"Que sera, sera,
Whatever will be, will be."

i am poor
but
i will
donate

just so
You can
Baptize
me in
the waters
of Life