Li Po

You're a poet...and you know it!
Post Reply
Aurora
Posts: 937
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:14 am

Li Po

Post by Aurora » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:55 pm


"You ask me why I dwell in the green mountain;
I smile and make no reply for my heart is free of care.
As the peach-blossom flows down stream
and is gone into the unknown,
I have a world apart that is not among men."

- Li Po

gretta
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:22 am

Re: Li Po

Post by gretta » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:16 pm

Aurora wrote:
"You ask me why I dwell in the green mountain;
I smile and make no reply for my heart is free of care.
As the peach-blossom flows down stream
and is gone into the unknown,
I have a world apart that is not among men."

- Li Po


smiles




'the moonlit window fragrances of peach'*


Paraphrased of Hakuin


Past, present, future: unattainable,
Yet clear as the moteless sky.
Late at night the stool's cold as iron,
But the moonlit window smells of plum ~Hakuin


Love
Last edited by gretta on Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aurora
Posts: 937
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:14 am

Re: Li Po

Post by Aurora » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:23 pm

gretta wrote:
Aurora wrote:
"You ask me why I dwell in the green mountain;
I smile and make no reply for my heart is free of care.
As the peach-blossom flows down stream
and is gone into the unknown,
I have a world apart that is not among men."

- Li Po


smiles




'the moonlit window fragrances of peach'




Love
'the moonlit window fragnances of peach'

'the river floating by'



Love
gretta
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:22 am

Re: Li Po

Post by gretta » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:26 pm

Aurora wrote:
gretta wrote:
Aurora wrote:
"You ask me why I dwell in the green mountain;
I smile and make no reply for my heart is free of care.
As the peach-blossom flows down stream
and is gone into the unknown,
I have a world apart that is not among men."

- Li Po


smiles




'the moonlit window fragrances of peach'




Love
'the moonlit window fragnances of peach'

'the river floating by'



Love

ahhhh Love
ANNA
Posts: 4093
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:11 pm

Re: Li Po

Post by ANNA » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:20 am

gretta wrote:
Aurora wrote:
gretta wrote:
Aurora wrote:
"You ask me why I dwell in the green mountain;
I smile and make no reply for my heart is free of care.
As the peach-blossom flows down stream
and is gone into the unknown,
I have a world apart that is not among men."

- Li Po


smiles




'the moonlit window fragrances of peach'




Love
'the moonlit window fragnances of peach'

'the river floating by'



Love

ahhhh Love

An Answer to a Worldly One from the Mountain

Ask me why I live among the green mountains?
I laugh but answer not, for my heart is free.
The peach blossoms and running water have quietly gone,
In another heaven and earth, not the world of men.

~ Li Po

:D
Aurora
Posts: 937
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:14 am

Re: Li Po

Post by Aurora » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:10 pm

ANNA wrote:

An Answer to a Worldly One from the Mountain

Ask me why I live among the green mountains?
I laugh but answer not, for my heart is free.
The peach blossoms and running water have quietly gone,
In another heaven and earth, not the world of men.

~ Li Po

:D

Nice translation, ANNA, feels more accessible ,flexible and more beautiful, thanks! ..as always!
ANNA
Posts: 4093
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:11 pm

Re: Li Po

Post by ANNA » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:46 pm

Aurora wrote:
ANNA wrote:

An Answer to a Worldly One from the Mountain

Ask me why I live among the green mountains?
I laugh but answer not, for my heart is free.
The peach blossoms and running water have quietly gone,
In another heaven and earth, not the world of men.

~ Li Po

:D

Nice translation, ANNA, feels more accessible ,flexible and more beautiful, thanks! ..as always!
you are welcome, 'aurora' :wink: :lol: ...as always!


today under the influence of Li Po was reading
some Chinese poetry. Found this very corious...

...(ohhh today is a day of a coriousity..... :wink: :D )


Po Chü-i (772-846)

Lao-tzü

Po Chü-i impishly taunts one of the most influential of all Chinese philosophers in this poem.



"Those who speak know nothing
Those who know are silent."
These words, as I am told,
Were spoken by Lao-tzü.
If we are to believe that Lao-tzü
Was himself one who knew,
How comes it that he wrote a book
Of five thousand words?

...and some chinese art painting :)

Isnt just beauty_Full?! :D


Image
gretta
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:22 am

Post by gretta » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:07 pm

And For No Reason
And
For no reason
I start skipping like a child.

And
For no reason
I turn into a leaf
That is carried so high
I kiss the sun's mouth
And dissolve.

And
For no reason
A thousand birds
Choose my head for a conference table,
Start passing their
Cups of wine
And their wild songbooks all around.

And
For every reason in existence
I begin to eternally,
To eternally laugh and love!

When I turn into a leaf
And start dancing,
I run to kiss our beautiful Friend
And I dissolve in the Truth
That I Am.


Hafiz
gretta
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:22 am

Post by gretta » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:18 pm

gretta
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:22 am

Post by gretta » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:57 pm

Vanished the veils of light and shade,
Lifted every vapor of sorrow,
Sailed away all dawns of fleeting joy,
Gone the dim sensory mirage.
Love, hate, health, disease, life, death,
Perished these false shadows on the screen of duality.
By magic wand of intuition deep
Past, future, no more for me,
But ever-present, all-flowing I, I, everywhere.
Planets, stars, stardust, earth,
Thoughts of all beings, past, present, to come,
Every blade of grass, myself, mankind,
Each particle of universal dust,
I swallowed, transmuted all
Into a vast ocean of my own one Being!
Smoldering joy, oft-puffed by meditation
Burst into immortal flames of bliss,
Consumed my tears, my frame, my all.
Thou art I, I am Thou, Knowing, Knower, Known, as One!
Tranquilled thrill, eternally living, ever-new peace!
Enjoyable beyond imagination of expectancy, Samadhi bliss!

Not an unconscious state
Or mental chloroform without willful return,
Samadhi but extends my conscious realm
Beyond limits of the mortal frame to farthest
boundary of eternity where I, the Cosmic Sea,
Watch the little ego floating in Me.
Mobile murmurs of atoms are heard,
Flowing seas change into vapors of nebulae!
Aum blows upon vapors, opening wondrously their veils,
Oceans stand revealed, shining electrons!

Till, at last sound of the cosmic drum,
Gone forever fitful, flickering shadows of mortal memory.
Vanish the grosser lights into eternal rays
Of all-pervading bliss.
Eternity and I, one united ray.
From joy I came, for joy I lived, in sacred joy I melt.
Spotless is my mental sky, below, ahead, and high above.
A tiny bubble of laughter I, Become the Sea of Mirth Itself.
I, in everything, enter the Great Myself.

Paramhansa Yogananda





Image
jeff j
Posts: 2822
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:49 pm

Re: Li Po

Post by jeff j » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:56 pm

ANNA wrote:

"Those who speak know nothing
Those who know are silent."
These words, as I am told,
Were spoken by Lao-tzü.
If we are to believe that Lao-tzü
Was himself one who knew,
How comes it that he wrote a book
Of five thousand words?
anna's playing tricks again?
Lao-tzu
put pen to paper
and 5000 pages emerges,
but who is the silent writer?
:D
be yourself, the real fictional character?
Post Reply